Compatible boards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compatible boards?

I want to start playing with this plugin but not sure how to get started. I primarily want to have relay outputs and analog inputs.

Will this board work with the plugin? If not, what's a good stable product?

http://amzn.to/1T9rIqN

Thanks
    -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
    Way2 Call
    Elk M1 Gold
    UPB HAI switches
    HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Originally posted by email68 View Post
    I want to start playing with this plugin but not sure how to get started. I primarily want to have relay outputs and analog inputs.

Will this board work with the plugin? If not, what's a good stable product?

http://amzn.to/1T9rIqN

Thanks
    That kit is compatible and should work. Both of those boards are not genuine Arduino. I and others have had variable results with Arduino clones, I have especially had serious problems with clone Ethernet shields.

A genuine Arduino mega board like this is a safer bet. Spending the extra on a genuine board will likely save you some grief.

A genuine Ethernet shield is sometimes hard to find. The Ethernet 2 shield is available, but the plug-in doesn't yet support them. We can walk you through two quick changes that need to be made to the sketch and the extra library. Greig (Enigmatheatre) is planning on adding support for the new shield, but it may be a little while.

I am using the Ethernet 2 shield with good results, after the changes to the sketch.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks Randy. I'll order the genuine board you recommend. What do you use to connect to the headers on the board for wiring?

From the description, I can't tell what kind of power it needs.

Thanks for the help!
      -Tim

Way2 Call
      Elk M1 Gold
      UPB HAI switches
      HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Tim

I've found the R3 boards with the POE holes to work, many of them claim to be "POE" but you want the one with the correct number of holes in them....I'm waiting for my small form factor W5500 board to do testing...
        Attached Files
        HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Originally posted by email68 View Post
          Thanks Randy. I'll order the genuine board you recommend. What do you use to connect to the headers on the board for wiring?

From the description, I can't tell what kind of power it needs.

Thanks for the help!

You can buy some handy Arduino related bits and pieces from www.sparkfun.com including power supplies and rows of connector pins.

The Mega has a voltage regulator on it that makes 5V from an input of about 6V up to 9V or even a bit more. Sparkfun sells a 9V supply for Arduinos that seem quite reliable. I've used about a dozen in Arduino stuff in an industrial setting with no problems.

Doug

Comment

Awesome. Thank an Doug!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            -Tim

Way2 Call
            Elk M1 Gold
            UPB HAI switches
            HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Working...