Had to replace mega, now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had to replace mega, now what?

I replaced my mega 2560 w/an identical one (bad transformer on original one). I downloaded the sketch via HS, uploaded via the Arduino program. But HS still won't connect. I'm connecting via Ethernet. I confirmed that the mac address and IP address are good. I tried pressing the reset button on the board. still no joy. any suggestions?

Ian
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Originally posted by completelyhis View Post
    I replaced my mega 2560 w/an identical one (bad transformer on original one). I downloaded the sketch via HS, uploaded via the Arduino program. But HS still won't connect. I'm connecting via Ethernet. I confirmed that the mac address and IP address are good. I tried pressing the reset button on the board. still no joy. any suggestions?

Ian
    I've done it dozens of times without an issue. If replacing board 1, download sketch for board 1, upload to board, plug in and it works.

I'm assuming you downloaded a fresh sketch for the proper board, because the IP address and port are hard coded into the sketch.

What version of the plug-in are you using?
    What IDE did you use to upload?
    Were there any errors during the upload?
    Are you sure it was the MEGA and not the Ethernet shield?

The only transformers I am aware of in the system are inside the Ethernet connector in the shield.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

only have 1 board. i can ping it w/the ip address used in the confg hs page and sketch (they match). there were no errors uploading, using USB. i did have to edit the ip address after downloading the sketch, which i thought was interesting.

here's a paste from the log:

Sent to IP:192.168.1.10 Port No:8888 = 1 K ,Keep Alive Command
      Error = Board: 1 Connection FAILED.
      Warning = Board: 1 has a connection ERROR. Retrying.
      Sent to IP:192.168.1.10 Port No:8888 = 1 C ,Connect Command
      Keeping Board: 1 Comport Alive.
      Plugins:
      BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

i did have to edit the ip address after downloading the sketch, which i thought was interesting.
        That is not interesting, it is something wrong. The sketch you download from the plugin will have the IP and the port from the config page. The sketch will be called HomeseerBoard1.ino. It should be downloaded to your downloads directory on the machine your browser is on and will be in the Config\Arduino Config directory on your HomeSeer server. When you load it into the IDE, it will be put in a folder of the same name.

The log just says it is not connecting.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Fixed! Thanks for the tip - I redid the process and noticed that it said it couldn't open it because the folder already exists. then i remembered that when I saw that the first time I just went to that folder and opened that one (which was an old one). So this time i renamed the folder and then perfecto!!!

One question: the plug in management page says this: Available Sketch Version = Error Finding .ino

Is that a problem? how to fix it?

Thanks,

Ian
          Plugins:

Comment

Fixed! Thanks for the tip - I redid the process and noticed that it said it couldn't open it because the folder already exists. then i remembered that when I saw that the first time I just went to that folder and opened that one (which was an old one). So this time i renamed the folder and then perfecto!!!

One question: the plug in management page says this: Available Sketch Version = Error Finding .ino

Is that a problem? how to fix it?

Thanks,

Ian
            This Error is because the plugin can not find the .ino file in the correct folder. Did you move or delete it?
            The simple way to fix it is to run the plugin install again and it will replace it for you.

Greig.
            Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
            X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
            Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
            Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
            Scripts =
            Various

Comment

The error log said: Error = Exception in Get Ino Version : Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Config\Arduino Config\Homeseer.ino'.

I browsed to that folder and inside the \Arduino Config\ folder there was a \Homeseer folder which had the Homeseer.ino file in it. I copied it and put it in the directory the plugin was looking in for it, and now it shows Available Sketch Version = V1.0.0.99

That's the good news - the bad news is that (even before fixing the can't find ino file) it has been cycling through connect/disconnect. I can hear my relay boards clicking on/off, on/off, every second or two. The log message shows:
              Arduino Log Messages will display here:
              Disconnected from Board No:1 at ip address 192.168.1.10 Port No:8888

any ideas? Thanks for all the help!

Ian
              Plugins:

Comment

BTW, I didn't reinstall the plugin because I'm not sure how...If you think that would be a good step to take at this point, could you let me know where to find the install files and so on?

thanks,

Ian
                Plugins:

Comment

BTW, I didn't reinstall the plugin because I'm not sure how...If you think that would be a good step to take at this point, could you let me know where to find the install files and so on?

thanks,

Ian
                  Send me a debug log and I will look at what is going on.

Greig.
                  Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                  X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                  Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                  Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                  Scripts =
                  Various

Comment

Working...
                  X