Analog calculations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Analog calculations

I have started to experiment with analog input calculations and found 2 issues.

If I try to use brackets in the calculations like this : (Value-120)*100/850
    Then I get this error:

Arduino Plugin Exception in RecievedText: Conversion from string "" to type 'Double' is not valid.

If I try to change the unit and put back "%" - then it displays "%25" instead of only "%".

(I'm using Norwegian keyboard settings, but English(europe) regional settings.)

Originally posted by Toby View Post
    I have started to experiment with analog input calculations and found 2 issues.

If I try to use brackets in the calculations like this : (Value-120)*100/850
    Then I get this error:

Arduino Plugin Exception in RecievedText: Conversion from string "" to type 'Double' is not valid.

If I try to change the unit and put back "%" - then it displays "%25" instead of only "%".

(I'm using Norwegian keyboard settings, but English(europe) regional settings.)
    what plugin version are you using?

I have a new version that is in testing to fix lots of calculation bugs on the Analog inputs.

Greig.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

I'm using 1.0.0.36

Sent fra min E6653 via Tapatalk

Comment

OK I would suggest using the beta that is I the updater. All of the above should be fixed in it. I will be rolling this up the the release soon.
        Please check the IDE version you are using with this to and update the libraries.

Greig.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

I manage to some how get what I want by removing the brackets. although the calculation is not correct mathematically I achieved what I wanted.
          Although without "%"

Anyway, I did try the latest beta 103. but compiling the code returned error:

Code:
          C:\Users\HSuser\Documents\Arduino\HomeseerBoard2\HomeseerBoard2.ino:16:17: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

char* Version = "1.0.0.101";

^

C:\Users\HSuser\Documents\Arduino\HomeseerBoard2\HomeseerBoard2.ino: In function 'void InputCheck()':

C:\Users\HSuser\Documents\Arduino\HomeseerBoard2\HomeseerBoard2.ino:89:19: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

Send(" I ");

^

C:\Users\HSuser\Documents\Arduino\HomeseerBoard2\HomeseerBoard2.ino:91:17: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

Send(" ");  

^

C:\Users\HSuser\Documents\Arduino\HomeseerBoard2\HomeseerBoard2.ino: In function 'void AnalogueCheck()':

C:\Users\HSuser\Documents\Arduino\HomeseerBoard2\HomeseerBoard2.ino:121:21: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

Send(" A ");

^

C:\Users\HSuser\Documents\Arduino\HomeseerBoard2\HomeseerBoard2.ino:123:19: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

Send(" ");  

^

C:\Users\HSuser\Documents\Arduino\HomeseerBoard2\HomeseerBoard2.ino: In function 'void OneWireCheck()':

C:\Users\HSuser\Documents\Arduino\HomeseerBoard2\HomeseerBoard2.ino:187:25: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

Send(" Rom ");

^

C:\Users\HSuser\Documents\Arduino\HomeseerBoard2\HomeseerBoard2.ino:190:54: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

if (tempDeviceAddress[i] < 16) Send("0");

^

C:\Users\HSuser\Documents\Arduino\HomeseerBoard2\HomeseerBoard2.ino:193:21: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

Send(" ");

^

C:\Users\HSuser\Documents\Arduino\HomeseerBoard2\HomeseerBoard2.ino: In function 'void DataEvent()':

C:\Users\HSuser\Documents\Arduino\HomeseerBoard2\HomeseerBoard2.ino:417:19: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

Send(" I ");

^

C:\Users\HSuser\Documents\Arduino\HomeseerBoard2\HomeseerBoard2.ino:419:17: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

Send(" ");

^

C:\Users\HSuser\Documents\Arduino\HomeseerBoard2\HomeseerBoard2.ino:428:22: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

Send("Version ");

^

C:\Users\HSuser\Documents\Arduino\HomeseerBoard2\HomeseerBoard2.ino:430:15: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

Send(" ");

^

C:\Users\HSuser\Documents\Arduino\HomeseerBoard2\HomeseerBoard2.ino:432:18: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

Send(" HS3");

^

C:\Users\HSuser\Documents\Arduino\HomeseerBoard2\HomeseerBoard2.ino:435:24: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

Send("Connected ");

^

C:\Users\HSuser\Documents\Arduino\HomeseerBoard2\HomeseerBoard2.ino:563:20: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

Send("Alive ");

^

C:\Users\HSuser\Documents\Arduino\HomeseerBoard2\HomeseerBoard2.ino:589:23: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

Send("Reseting ");

^

C:\Users\HSuser\Documents\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal_I2C\I2CIO.cpp:35:26: fatal error: ../Wire/Wire.h: No such file or directory

#include <../Wire/Wire.h>

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
          Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.
          the final error code claims wire.h is missing. In library manager the wire library is said to be installed but I cannot find wire.h anywhere. especially not as part of the libraries distributed with the plugin.

Comment

are you using Arduino IDE V1.6.8?

Greig.
            Scripts =
            Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
              are you using Arduino IDE V1.6.8?
              No, I was not. Downgraded now and retried. but still get the same error.

the 1.0.0.36 code works fine (besides some warnings)

Comment

Originally posted by Toby View Post
                No, I was not. Downgraded now and retried. but still get the same error.

the 1.0.0.36 code works fine (besides some warnings)
                OK As I said in post #4 you need to check the IDE and libraries you are using as they have changed from V1.0.0.36.

If you get stuck again give me a shout.

Greig.
                Scripts =
                Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                  OK As I said in post #4 you need to check the IDE and libraries you are using as they have changed from V1.0.0.36.
                  I'm now using .8 and libraries from .103, but I still get the errors.

Comment

That is strange. I have just updater the beta to .110. Please try that and see if it helps.

Greig.
                    Scripts =
                    Various

Comment

I saw that the file where this was referenced was not part of the latest library.zip so i tried to edit the file and removed ../wire/ and left include "wire.h" in I2CIO.cpp in the LiquidCrystal_I2C folder.

that did the trick and the sketch is now compiling.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X