No announcement yet.

Arduino Plugin Version 1.0.0.110 Analog Input Truncates to Zero Decimal Places

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arduino Plugin Version 1.0.0.110 Analog Input Truncates to Zero Decimal Places

I recently upgraded my Arduino Plugin from version 1.0.0.103 to version 1.0.0.110 and have a minor display issue. The value coming back from the analog input pin being truncated to 0 decimal places. Before the upgrade the value was displayed with 2 decimal places based on my test calculation. I was simply adding .01 to the returned value. Is there a setting that I need to put in?

If I enable input logging the log entry displayed is this:

Jul-11 6:26:00 PM Arduino Plugin Sum = 269+.01, Result = 269

I thought it could be related to the device setting, so I changed it to allow 3 decimal places and checked the Has Scale check box...

Any ideas?
    Billy

The way the plugin performs the calculations has changed to allow for brackets and other formulas so there may be a change in there that is causing this. I will have a look.

Greig.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Thanks Greig, let me know if I can provide anything.
      Billy

Comment

Please try V1.0.0.113 and tell me how you get on.

Greig.
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post

Greig.
          That solved it!

If you are updating from versions .110 and earlier:

** You will need to update your sketch as this is a new version **

** Note: Please only use IDE version 1.6.8 **

** You will need to download and use the new libraries from the config page **
          Last edited by randy; July 12, 2016, 01:32 PM.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Greig.

Originally posted by rprade View Post
            That solved it!

If you are updating from versions .110 and earlier:

** You will need to update your sketch as this is a new version **

** Note: Please only use IDE version 1.6.8 **

** You will need to download and use the new libraries from the config page **
            Thanks Greig and Randy, that solved it for me as well. However I have an additional question. How do you truncate or round the decimal places to say 2 places?

This is what I am seeing in the log:

Jul-12 4:33:15 PM Arduino Plugin Sum = 267*100/1023, Result = 26.099706744868

The result gets put into the device, just curious how to round it or reduce the decimal places. Is it possible in the Sum calculation box using a function?

Thanks
            Billy

Comment

Just curious if anyone figured out how to reduce the number of decimal place using the plugin or am I the only one seeing this with the new version?

Thanks for any help.
              Billy

Comment

Originally posted by bdraper View Post
                Just curious if anyone figured out how to reduce the number of decimal place using the plugin or am I the only one seeing this with the new version?

Thanks for any help.
                Billy.
                I think I know what is going on. I will try and fix this in the next day or so.

Greig.
                Scripts =
                Various

Comment

Thanks Greig.
                  Billy

Comment

OK I think this should fix it all.

I have added the Dec Place to the config page and changed the way the device is updated. You will ether need to delete and recreate the pin device or set it up as follows. Any changes from there should be saved.

V1.0.0.115 is in the updater.

Greig.
                    Attached Files
                    Scripts =
                    Various

Comment

OK I think this should fix it all.

I have added the Dec Place to the config page and changed the way the device is updated. You will ether need to delete and recreate the pin device or set it up as follows. Any changes from there should be saved.

V1.0.0.115 is in the updater.

Greig.
                      It is installed and working as expected.

Thanks.
                      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                        It is installed and working as expected.

Thanks.
                        Same here, installed new version and working as expected. Thanks Greig, I appreciate the work and great plugin.
                        Billy

Comment

Working...
                        X