Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basics needed to get started with Arduino

Hello,

just getting stated with Arduino and want to start off and make some lux sensors that would report to HS3

What would the basics I would need to get started?

would I be able to hook the Arduino's up to my RPI's?

Thanks!

Originally posted by csellebrecht View Post
    Hello,

just getting stated with Arduino and want to start off and make some lux sensors that would report to HS3

What would the basics I would need to get started?

would I be able to hook the Arduino's up to my RPI's?

Thanks!
    I would suggest you get a Arduino Mega to start with.
    Are you saying you are running the Linux version of Homeseer on your RPI's? If so then you will need an Ethernet shield to as you can not connect them with USB.
    Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

I have it installed on one of my RPI's just to test out but my main hs3 is running on a win 10 box.

looking for the least expensive way to getting into Arduino. Once I learn more and get things working I will upgrade to the best.

I just want to try to get some lux sensors working.

Comment

Can I connect USB to windows 10 box?

What else would I need the board, power and sensor?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok so I would just get an Arduino mega and run it USB on your Win 10 Box to start with.

If you want to use Lux sensors there are lots of ways to do this but something like This should work without any coding.

Greig.
          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

Yes Just the board a sensor and some wires to connect it all up.

Greig.
            Scripts =
            Various

Comment

awesome thanks a lot!

Comment

Working...
              X