Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st time set-up questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1st time set-up questions

    Hello!I just purchased the Arduino plug-in. I am trying to do a fairly basic sketch using an ultrasonic sensor to measure distance. There are outputs from the sensor that are "trigger" and "echo".


    Questions:
    1. I would like to see the value on the HS3 device list. Do I set up a range of values for this?
    2. Would echo and trigger be inputs, or outputs?
    3. Is there a way to make a graphic output?? I'm using this to measure distance to the top of water in a tank.


    Thank you in advance!

  • #2
    Originally posted by NPMAN View Post
    Hello!I just purchased the Arduino plug-in. I am trying to do a fairly basic sketch using an ultrasonic sensor to measure distance. There are outputs from the sensor that are "trigger" and "echo".


    Questions:
    1. I would like to see the value on the HS3 device list. Do I set up a range of values for this?
    2. Would echo and trigger be inputs, or outputs?
    3. Is there a way to make a graphic output?? I'm using this to measure distance to the top of water in a tank.


    Thank you in advance!
    Anyone have any thoughts on this?

    Comment


    • #3
      Hi NPMAN,

      What sensor are you using? is it this one

      If so then you will need to add this sketch to the API.ino and set up the two inputs to Homeseer. This will then give you the values in HS devices.

      There is no graphing option in this plugin but Jon00 has some great scripts you can run to do this.

      Greig.
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
        Hi NPMAN,

        What sensor are you using? is it this one

        If so then you will need to add this sketch to the API.ino and set up the two inputs to Homeseer. This will then give you the values in HS devices.

        There is no graphing option in this plugin but Jon00 has some great scripts you can run to do this.

        Greig.
        The ultrasound device that I am using is an HC-SR04

        http://www.micropik.com/PDF/HCSR04.pdf

        It uses 4 pins, as opposed to 3.

        Thanks for your help Greig!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by NPMAN View Post
          The ultrasound device that I am using is an HC-SR04

          http://www.micropik.com/PDF/HCSR04.pdf

          It uses 4 pins, as opposed to 3.

          Thanks for your help Greig!

          If you use this and the API.ino then it should work.

          Greig.
          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
          X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
          Scripts =
          Various

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
            If you use this and the API.ino then it should work.

            Greig.

            Thanks Greig! I will try this tonight

            Comment


            • #7
              Greig,

              First thank you so much for this plugin. My wife hates you, but only because I have boards, wires and sensors all over my office playing with this. It really is addictive and I stay up all hours of the night with the projects.

              I have 10 onewire temp sensors, h-bridge, water sensors, relays all working and now I'm looking at HC-SR04 ultrasonic ranging sensor for a well water storage tank, salt level in water softener, and several garage application to detect car in garage, door open, etc.

              If I understand your response in this thread the way to implement is to use API mode and add the applicable sketch to API.ino. Is this still the case? Is ultrasonic ranging support planned in a future plugin release, or not technically feasible?

              Thanks,

              Guy

              Comment

              Working...
              X