X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ethernet Connection problem

I have upgraded to the latest plugin and sketch. V1.0.0.115 and V1.0.0.112
    Within one minute i get "connection failed" on my two uno unit's

Power toogle of both uno will restore the Ethernet for 30 sec then "connection failed"

I had this problem Before about 8 times per year.
    When is goes into connection failed i can still ping the unit?

The Ethernet module i'am using is a small red board with the chip 5100 works with standard lib.

Changes to the plugin and sketch made my modules unusable.
    Attached Files

Some issues here as well.
    I updated to the new beta. USB board disconnected, then downloaded the new .ino file but arduino ADK could not upload the new file. When I restarted the server, the board was working OK. it has not failed yet.
    That said I have not tested my ether boards and the Arduno UNOs are not having none of that! (they fail each time you try to upload the .ino file)

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Can you both check that the plugin is finding and using the correct gateway and subnet on the configuration page and in the Sketch.

Greig.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

gateway and subnet seem ok, I have also reloaded the sketch to both uno's same problem. i'am using arduino 1.6.9 to program with.

I still can ping both units even if they have Connection failed in homeseer.

Comment

OK that may be the problem It says to use IDE to 1.6.8

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

same problem with 1.6.8

Comment

I am having the same problem. I upgraded to get rid of an exception error and now having trouble staying connected.

Comment

Don't mean to be a pest but any progress on this? I deleted and reinstalled the libraries, the IDE, and the sketch but still having the same issue.

Thanks.

Comment

This is a bigger problem that I thought. I need to work on a fix for it. For now I have updated the Beta page to have links so you can roll back if you need to. I would suggest .112 available Here.

Greig.
                  Scripts =
                  Various

Comment

Hi Greig,

Thanks for your reply. I clicked on the link on the beta post and got a txt file. How do I roll back to 112?

Thanks,

Art

I figured out how to extract the link from the txt file. Here it is:

dl.dropbox.com/u/7189079/Homeseer3/Arduino/Arduino_1_0_0_112.zip
                    Last edited by artart88; July 27, 2016, 11:37 PM.

Comment

There is no need to install this manually. Just add the updater_override.txt file to your Homeseer root folder then go to the updater and update the listings. The plugin will show as the only on in the updater with the version you wanted.
                      After install delete the updater_override.txt file to restore the updater to normal use.

Greig.
                      Scripts =
                      Various

Comment

Hi Greig,

Given the problems with downloading the sketch file (see thread 'Cannot create API.ino') I also want to rollback to i.e. 112. I got the updater_override.txt file and put it in the HomeSeer root. In the plugin manage page I did a update listing but it does not work. See the image.
                        Am I doing something wrong?

I am using now version 117.

regards, Cor
                        Attached Files

Comment

Greig,

I deleted everything and tried 112 and I am having the same issue. Cannot keep a connection and to get a connection I have to unclick and click the Automatic Connection tick box. Pressing Connect does not work.

I am going to switch to the USB/Serial connection for now. Hopefully that will be reliable.

Let me know if you need me to send you logs.

Art

Comment

Same problem with 112.

Comment

Please try V .118 and see if this fixes your problems

Greig.
                              Scripts =
                              Various

Comment

Working...
                              X