No announcement yet.

Ethernet Connection problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been following the "ethernet connection problem thread" with great interest. I've been having similar issues regardless of version using the API ino running two Freetronics Ether10 and one Ethermega. I've never been able to connect more than one board simultaneously and when a single board does connect it drops with a couple of hours. Once it disconnects, it will not reconnect...even if I reset or power off the board. The only way it will reconnect is if I reload the INO on the board. Tried v.118 with the same problem.

I decided maybe it was the boards so I broke down and purchased a genuine UNO with a v2 Ethernet Shield, updated the ino to v2 shield through the plugin interface, updated the libraries and loaded the ino. Plugin connected and has been up for 4 days and running.

So if anyone is still having issues with connections it might be worth trying genuine Arduino products if all as fails.

Comment

Originally posted by jonas.hellgren View Post
      After some more testing 118 version is working fine with Mega not UNO.
      I suspect a memory problem.

Removing onewire and LCD from sketch seem to get the UNO working.
      Did some checking and could be memory. Just noticed this post, I have the same issue on my UNO's. (http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=183363) I use them for PWM LED controllers and I dropped the nonessential code (( only PWM remained) to free up some memory and PWM on UNO is working
      Last edited by marekd1; August 15, 2016, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Just to add some experience of mine. I worked with 4 Seeeduino Stalker v2.1 with ethernet cards from Hanrun 14/32. I did not achieve a stable communication with the arduino plugin. Then I got several genuine ethernet2 cards from Arduino and only 1 Seeeduino Stalker would communicate without problems.
        I replaced 2 Seeeduino Stalker cars with Genuine Mega 2560 boards and these are rock solid with the ethernet2 cards.

All boards are used for measurement of air quality en -conditions.
        On one of the Mega board I also connected some Adafruit sensors on the I2C bus. Works all as a charm. In the sketch I even do some calculations without a problem, updating every 5 seconds to HomeSeer.

I am using HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.293.
        Enabled Plug-Ins
        1.0.0.118: Arduino Plugin
        3.0.0.4: CM15A
        3.0.0.103: HSTouch Server
        3.0.1.87: Z-Wave

The only problem I have is a massive amount of error messages form the Arduino plugin:

Arduino Plugin Error = Exception in UDPGetMessage : Operation on non-blocking socket would block

This does not affect the correct working of the boards though.

Hope this helps someone to make a choice.
        - Cor -

Comment

newbie arduino success

Thanks for this thread

- Originally had the board setup as USB and it worked great using either a Sainsmart Mega 2560 or a genuine Arduino Mega 2560. Using the 1.0.0.118 plugin

Switched to Ethernet with a genuine Ethernet 2 shield. After correcting a few Id10t errors found it still wouldn't connect. I found loading problems and couldn't get the sketch to load correctly to the genuine Arduino Mega until I removed the Ethernet shield, loaded the sketch, then reattached the shield. Still had a checksum error on verifying the load but the board seems to be working fine now. Connection seems solid and the inputs are triggering. I'll try the Sainsmart board and troubleshoot the checksum problem when I get back from a business trip.

Also had to turn Windows Firewall off to connect.
          What is the least I can open on Windows Firewall to get the connection to work?

Jeff

Comment

Jeff,
            I have exactly the same problem (?) with the Mega and the ethernet2 card (both genuine Arduino), I have to remove the ethernet card as well in order to upload the sketch. Does work fine then, apart from the mentioned error message.
            - Cor -

Comment

I removed everything I didn't use for my irrigation system, like LCD, PWM and 1-Wire. That left plenty of memory available, and I can still control it.

The weird thing is that it says it's disconnected, but that's not true. Behold!
              HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
              Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
              on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
              WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Drastically reducing the .ino file AND putting the "OutputTime" to 5 seconds has made the Arduino stay connected through the night

... but what is "OutputTime"?
                HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Haha. 20 minutes later it says "Disconnected", but I can still control the relays.

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                    Drastically reducing the .ino file AND putting the "OutputTime" to 5 seconds has made the Arduino stay connected through the night

... but what is "OutputTime"?
                    There is a problem with the new sketch size on the uno and I am working on a solution to this but it is difficult not to remove any features to fix this.

The output time is used for the Blink and one flash times. The Blink makes the output blink on and off at the set time and the one flash turns the output on for the set time then turns it off again.

Greig.
                    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                    Scripts =
                    Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                      There is a problem with the new sketch size on the uno
                      Greig

So we are all ok still on the MEGA ? I'm going to upgrade all of my MEGA units with the latest codebase so jsut curious if I should go now or wait ?

Thanks..Pete
                      HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Originally posted by petez69 View Post
                        Greig

So we are all ok still on the MEGA ? I'm going to upgrade all of my MEGA units with the latest codebase so jsut curious if I should go now or wait ?

Thanks..Pete
                        I've been running .118 on 4 Megas without issue.
                        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by petez69 View Post
                          Greig

Thanks..Pete
                          I am also running 2 mega boards here with no problem.
                          FYI I have made changes to fix the United problem and just need to run tests on it.

Greig.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
                          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                          Scripts =
                          Various

Comment

I am also running 2 mega boards here with no problem.
                            Thanks mate....I've got 4 of them, they seem to work fine though I have all my stuff on a UPS...

Thanks for the effort you are putting into the plugin, loving it :-)

Pete
                            HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

I have here two Mega's (one with ethernet1 and one with ethernet2 card) and 1 Seeeduino Stalker (ethernet2 card) running rock steady.
                              I am curious to hear if you also have to disconnect the ethernet card to load the sketch with success.
                              - Cor -

Comment

There is a problem with the new sketch size on the uno and I am working on a solution to this but it is difficult not to remove any features to fix this.

Greig.
                                This is fixed in V.123

Greig.
                                Scripts =
                                Various

Comment

Working...
                                X