Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beta - 1wire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Beta - 1wire

    I updated to the 115 beta and now my 1wire devices do not work along with my digital inputs. If i remove the "pin" for 1wire, my digital inputs start working again. Nothing in the debug log.
    As before, it takes awhile before it tries to recognize 1wire devices, but now a GetType error is displayed and no new devices are created.

    Has something changed in 115?

    Thanks,
    Z

  • #2
    Interesting, I am running .115 and have around 13 1-wire temperature devices on my UNO and they are working with no issues. My 1-wire temperature sensors are all DS18B20.

    I have a few digital inputs and they are all working with no issues. I believe Randy has a number of digital inputs and has not reported any issues that I know of with the latest beta.

    When I upgraded I did not experience anything out of the ordinary.

    Did you move to the latest Arduino IDE and update all of the libraries?
    Billy Draper

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by bdraper View Post
      Interesting, I am running .115 and have around 13 1-wire temperature devices on my UNO and they are working with no issues. My 1-wire temperature sensors are all DS18B20.

      I have a few digital inputs and they are all working with no issues. I believe Randy has a number of digital inputs and has not reported any issues that I know of with the latest beta.

      When I upgraded I did not experience anything out of the ordinary.

      Did you move to the latest Arduino IDE and update all of the libraries?
      That's what I was afraid of
      On 1.6.8 per instructions, and updated all of the libraries. Odd that just setting one pin to 1wire mode would stop the other digital ins from triggering?? I did notice previously that the 1wire doesn't seem to execute until it sees something wake up on the bus, but that happens almost immediately with the temp changes.
      Verify/Compile is clean and the upload executes without any errors.

      You're on 1.6.9 then and all is well? Just the normal plugin ino or API?

      Thanks,
      Z

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by vasrc View Post
        That's what I was afraid of
        On 1.6.8 per instructions, and updated all of the libraries. Odd that just setting one pin to 1wire mode would stop the other digital ins from triggering?? I did notice previously that the 1wire doesn't seem to execute until it sees something wake up on the bus, but that happens almost immediately with the temp changes.
        Verify/Compile is clean and the upload executes without any errors.

        You're on 1.6.9 then and all is well? Just the normal plugin ino or API?

        Thanks,
        Z
        One more thing, USB or Enet? I'm on a Mega 2560 also.

        Thanks,
        Z

        Comment


        • #5
          I am running 4 Mega 2560 boards, all Ethernet. I used IDE 1.6.8 (this is the recommended version) to compile and upload, with the additional libraries downloaded from the configuration page. I have a OneWire device on each of the boards along with dozens of inputs and outputs. They are all working as they should.
          Randy Prade
          Aurora, CO
          Prades.net

          PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks Randy.

            Z, I am using several UNOs and not having any issues at all. My UNOs are Ethernet, using the normal plugin (not API).

            As per docs using the Arduino IDE 1.6.8. I did exactly as Randy listed in his post below and everything is running well.
            Billy Draper

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by bdraper View Post
              Thanks Randy.

              Z, I am using several UNOs and not having any issues at all. My UNOs are Ethernet, using the normal plugin (not API).

              As per docs using the Arduino IDE 1.6.8. I did exactly as Randy listed in his post below and everything is running well.
              Thanks, I have to have a wiring or power issue going on then. I'll pull it back to the bench and beat on it and see what's going on.

              Are you both running with separate power packs (ie not USB?). I want to go Enet anyway, so this might be the reason to do so.

              Thanks,
              Z

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by vasrc View Post
                Thanks, I have to have a wiring or power issue going on then. I'll pull it back to the bench and beat on it and see what's going on.

                Are you both running with separate power packs (ie not USB?). I want to go Enet anyway, so this might be the reason to do so.

                Thanks,
                Z
                I am using USB power for mine right now.
                Billy Draper

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by bdraper View Post
                  I am using USB power for mine right now.
                  Just noted the versions you're using (B). Are you using 2 (parasitic) or 3 wires?
                  I run 2 wire Ibuttons. I don't see a voltage drop, but then I don't have a scope to actually watch it when it does the temp conversion..

                  Thanks,
                  Z

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by vasrc View Post
                    Thanks, I have to have a wiring or power issue going on then. I'll pull it back to the bench and beat on it and see what's going on.

                    Are you both running with separate power packs (ie not USB?). I want to go Enet anyway, so this might be the reason to do so.

                    Thanks,
                    Z
                    Mine are all on POE Ethernet shields, so they are powered by my primary switch. I just tried my test board on USB power and a 6 volt wall wart with Ethernet communication and there are no issues.

                    I haven't used an UNO board in quite a while, but it should be about the same. I think the UNO has less RAM, but if that was the problem it would throw an error while compiling and uploading.
                    Randy Prade
                    Aurora, CO
                    Prades.net

                    PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      My temp sensors are using 3 wires.
                      Billy Draper

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by bdraper View Post
                        My temp sensors are using 3 wires.
                        Thanks.
                        I loaded the onewire example and it works fine with all 4 of my 1wire devices, so still not sure why the new PI ino sketch isn't cooperating. Loaded up the old one and it doesn't work now either, so I'm pretty sure it's external. Got to be something simple, so I'll pull it out of service and see what's up.

                        Thanks again,
                        Z

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by vasrc View Post
                          Thanks.
                          I loaded the onewire example and it works fine with all 4 of my 1wire devices, so still not sure why the new PI ino sketch isn't cooperating. Loaded up the old one and it doesn't work now either, so I'm pretty sure it's external. Got to be something simple, so I'll pull it out of service and see what's up.

                          Thanks again,
                          Z
                          My UNO does throw a warning during the compile process about low memory, kinda expected, however it works with .115 version with no issues. Right now I have 13 temp sensors, 1 input, 1 analog pin, and 4 outputs

                          What resolution are you using on your One Wire pin?

                          As I expand my system, probably need to invest in a Mega and utilize the UNO for testing purposes. I am still experimenting. Really just recently started using the Arduino to monitor temperature (replacing a TEMP08). So far so good, I see lots of potential.

                          Hope you find out what the problem is concerning your setup.
                          Billy Draper

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by bdraper View Post
                            My UNO does throw a warning during the compile process about low memory, kinda expected, however it works with .115 version with no issues. Right now I have 13 temp sensors, 1 input, 1 analog pin, and 4 outputs

                            What resolution are you using on your One Wire pin?

                            As I expand my system, probably need to invest in a Mega and utilize the UNO for testing purposes. I am still experimenting. Really just recently started using the Arduino to monitor temperature (replacing a TEMP08). So far so good, I see lots of potential.

                            Hope you find out what the problem is concerning your setup.
                            As I. I've now got a "spare" Temp08 and ADIO100.

                            Using 9 as the resolution on the 1 wire. It's worked before, so I'm sure it's something stupid/simiple on my side. Just have to find time to figure it out.
                            I'll probably just disconnect it from HS3 and stick a couple debug Serial Out's and see if I can find where it's stopping..

                            Z

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X