• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• randy
    replied
    Originally posted by damiene77 View Post
    Hello all,

First off let me say thank you for an awesome plugin.. I'm just getting started with Arduino so please be patient with me

Started a new thread for this because I'm not really sure if this is an ethernet shield problem, Arduino problem, or plugin problem or just something I am doing wrong....

I have an Arduino UNO R3 with an ethernet shield. This is connected to an 8 channel relay. Strange problem is - with the ethernet shield installed on the arduino and connected via ethernet, output pins 6 and 7 will not work at all. When they are connected to any of the relay channels the led on that particular channel on the relay will flash and if I try to use those pins to control the relay it will not respond. It does not seem to matter if I have created an output pin 6 or 7 in the plugin either. As soon as the Arduino boots these pins behave like this. From the docs I can find about the ethernet shield I'm using it appears that it will occupy pins 4,10,11,12,13,14..but not 6,7.

If i remove the ethernet shield and connect to the Arduino via USB, pins 6 and 7 and the relay work as they should.

Any ideas on what may be going wrong here?

Hardware:
    Arduino UNO R3 - from Sparkfun
    Ethernet Shield 2 - from Sparkfun
    8 Channel Relay - from Sainsmart (5volt version)
    Arduino plugin (latest beta on Raspbian..although I have tried on Windows HS3 environment as well)

Thanks for the help in advance!

Ben
    I haven't a clue. I am using 3, 5 and 6 on 3 of my Mega boards with Ethernet shields for PWM. I no longer use UNOs but when I was initially testing designs I used a UNO with an Ethernet shield and used 3, 5 and 6 for PWM and 7, 8, 9 and 10 for digital I/O.

Leave a comment:

• damiene77
    started a topic Arduino port issues with Ethernet shield

Arduino port issues with Ethernet shield

Hello all,

First off let me say thank you for an awesome plugin.. I'm just getting started with Arduino so please be patient with me

Started a new thread for this because I'm not really sure if this is an ethernet shield problem, Arduino problem, or plugin problem or just something I am doing wrong....

I have an Arduino UNO R3 with an ethernet shield. This is connected to an 8 channel relay. Strange problem is - with the ethernet shield installed on the arduino and connected via ethernet, output pins 6 and 7 will not work at all. When they are connected to any of the relay channels the led on that particular channel on the relay will flash and if I try to use those pins to control the relay it will not respond. It does not seem to matter if I have created an output pin 6 or 7 in the plugin either. As soon as the Arduino boots these pins behave like this. From the docs I can find about the ethernet shield I'm using it appears that it will occupy pins 4,10,11,12,13,14..but not 6,7.

If i remove the ethernet shield and connect to the Arduino via USB, pins 6 and 7 and the relay work as they should.

Any ideas on what may be going wrong here?

Hardware:
    Arduino UNO R3 - from Sparkfun
    Ethernet Shield 2 - from Sparkfun
    8 Channel Relay - from Sainsmart (5volt version)
    Arduino plugin (latest beta on Raspbian..although I have tried on Windows HS3 environment as well)

Thanks for the help in advance!

Ben
    Last edited by damiene77; July 30, 2016, 09:27 AM.
Working...
X