Upgraded from .103 to .118 - outputs inverted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgraded from .103 to .118 - outputs inverted

I have outputs spread across a couple of boards. They all inverted when I did the upgrade. They were showing as ON when actually the output was OFF.

I had to go into each output and change value 0 to be "On" instead of Off and value 1 to be "Off" instead of On.

Inputs and PWM outputs did not change.

Should I have expected this?

Originally posted by apluck View Post
    I have outputs spread across a couple of boards. They all inverted when I did the upgrade. They were showing as ON when actually the output was OFF.

I had to go into each output and change value 0 to be "On" instead of Off and value 1 to be "Off" instead of On.

Inputs and PWM outputs did not change.

Should I have expected this?
    Al,
    No this should not happen and I do not understand why this is. The plugin writes new values to the device on startup to set up the new output values but I have confirmed them as correct. Did you change them before and the plugin changed them back?

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

I can confirm that this has NOT happened on any of the updates I have installed. I am currently on .118. The output configuration has not changed in the plug-in since the initial release. The only thing that changed on the outputs from .103 to .118 is the addition one new Status/control "Blink" and two new controls "One Flash" and "Toggle". The value for Off remained at 0 and On at 1 as it always has been. When a pin is On its output is High.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	1186830
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I think I set all the outputs to be 0 is On and 1 is Off when I initially set them all up. This is due to the type of relay boards I am using.

Could the plugin have reset this?

More annoyingly, having gone through and made the changes for each output this morning where 0=On and 1 =off, at some point today that reversed itself again, and now 0= off again.

I've now re-done the outputs to 0=On again... and enabled logging.
        Attached Files

Comment

I think I set all the outputs to be 0 is On and 1 is Off when I initially set them all up. This is due to the type of relay boards I am using.

Could the plugin have reset this?

More annoyingly, having gone through and made the changes for each output this morning where 0=On and 1 =off, at some point today that reversed itself again, and now 0= off again.

I've now re-done the outputs to 0=On again... and enabled logging.
          The normal behavior for the plug-in is that 0 on an output is Off and the pin is low. If you have changed this, installation of .118 would rebuild the devices to the default behavior. .118 had to rebuild the device for the new controls and status. If you have inverted the behavior to suit your boards, there will always be the possibility that an update could cause the devices to revert to the default behavior.

I changed the naming of a couple of output controls from "On" to "Reset" when I installed .118 and noticed they changed back to "On" shortly after, so it is possible the plug-in is rewriting output devices during normal operation. Greig will have to check into that.

Comment

I can confirm that when the plug-in is restarted it does overwrite the output back to the default values and text, so if you alter them they will revert when you restart HomeSeer.

Comment

OK if you inverted them before then the plugin is writing them on startup and putting them back. I will add a fix for this in the next update but I would roll back for the moment.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
              Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
              Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
              Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
              Scripts =
              Various

Comment

Thanks Greig, what version should I roll back to and would I need to roll back the sketches on the boards, and my Arduino software back from 1.6.8?

On a different note, I haven't seen any connection errors today so far, so fingers crossed that that is fixed...

thanks,

Al

Comment

I have added a fix for this but I am at work so can not test it.

There is also other untested code in this build to help support for the Uno that was running out of memory. If you are willing to test it then try it from HERE.
                  If not I would roll back to the last version you had that was working for you.

Greig.
                  Scripts =
                  Various

Comment

I'll wait until you've done an initial test, as I'm away from home tomorrow and need a "known" version while I'm away!

Comment

I'll wait until you've done an initial test, as I'm away from home tomorrow and need a "known" version while I'm away!
                      I can confirm that the issue of output devices being ovewritten is resolved in 1.0.0.122 in the beta section of the updater. If you are updating from a version earlier than 1.0.0.118 there is the likelihood that output devices will be overwritten to create the new controls of "Toggle" and "One Flash" and the new status/control of "Blink".

Comment

yes I updated to 1.0.0.123 and the controls are still overwrtten.

Comment

They will be the first time the plugin is run as it needs to update the output devices to add the blink and flash once options but once you change them back it will be fine.
                          Greig.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
                          Scripts =
                          Various

Comment

I updated to .123 on Monday and the devices have retained my custom changes. So all good there thanks!

I have had no Ethernet disconnects on the 1 board . This was previously disconnecting and reconnecting a couple of times per day. All good there thanks!

However, I still had a hard crash from one of my other boards. This has happened every week or so for the last 18 months.

Comment

I updated yesterday, spent hours changing the values of 1 and 0 to work with the relay boards i have. Today the arduino disconnected, and to my dismay it reset all of the devices. Is there some way I can update without it over writing my changes when the plugin crashes?

Comment

Working...
                              X