MEGA 2560

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MEGA 2560

Hi I have a Funduino Mega 2560 with 16 ch relay board.

I have some issue's that I can not find out how to resolve.

1, When I assign a pin as a output the relay defaults to on when the device in HS3 is off, and if you turn the device on it turns the relay off.

2, Unstable input pins. I get pins firing events when out puts are been switched.

for example If i latch relay 1 it may also trigger Input 6 (smoke sensors)

I've tried adding pull up resisters but does not seem to make any difference.

I was wondering if I should have a separate Board in another box for handling inputs, This would keep them separate from the out put I/O box.

or is the problem the brand of MEGA 2560 (Funduino)

3, Blink and One flash functions don't work?

Current Date/Time: 16/10/2016 8:50:03 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.297
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 2 Hours 34 Minutes 0 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.20.5
    Number of Devices: 75
    Number of Events: 84
    Available Threads: 200

Enabled Plug-Ins
    1.0.0.127: Arduino Plugin
    3.0.20.13608: Blue-Iris
    3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
    3.0.5.20: Insteon
    0.0.0.25: Pushover 3P
    3.0.6132.26687: UltraLighting3

Originally posted by Vaughan2016 View Post
    Hi I have a Funduino Mega 2560 with 16 ch relay board.

I have some issue's that I can not find out how to resolve.

1, When I assign a pin as a output the relay defaults to on when the device in HS3 is off, and if you turn the device on it turns the relay off.

2, Unstable input pins. I get pins firing events when out puts are been switched.

for example If i latch relay 1 it may also trigger Input 6 (smoke sensors)

I've tried adding pull up resisters but does not seem to make any difference.

I was wondering if I should have a separate Board in another box for handling inputs, This would keep them separate from the out put I/O box.

or is the problem the brand of MEGA 2560 (Funduino)

3, Blink and One flash functions don't work?
    I use 4 2560 Mega boards, each has multiple digital inputs and outputs, PWM outputs, analog inputs, OneWire inputs and an alive pin. They all function fine, but they are genuine Arduino. I have not had as much trouble with clone boards as I have with clone Ethernet shields, but I have had a problem with *some* clone boards. To address your issues one by one
    1. This depends on the relay boards you use. A lot of relay boards are active low, making their function inverted when using an Arduino. This is easy to fix in one of two ways. You can get a relay board that is active high or has jumpers to switch whether they are active low or high. The other solution is to edit the output device in HomeSeer and Make 0=On and 1=Off.
    2. Input pins are reliable for me, but they do have to have some sort of noise conditioning if the wiring to dry contacts is longer tan a couple of feet. I make a habit of using at least 1 NP 1uf capacitor to snub noise on the inputs. You might also look at the debounce level, for me 100ms works best. From your description it almost sounds like your inputs are picking up noise from the relays and a snubber cap will likely solve that.
    3. Blink and one flash work fine here. I use blink on three LED indicators and the one flash as a reset output to some controllers.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Well i have some clone boards and they work fine , its the clone network boards that give headaches here.
      And the 1Nf is indeed the solution on most problems that i had before, thanks for that Randy !

Comment

MEGA 2560

Thanks for the advice,

Yes I'll just edit HS3 devices for that relay board to 0=On and 1=Off.

I will give the NP 1uf capacitor a go as some of my wire runs for the non wireless gear can be quite long.

Does the cap go across the Input and ground and I presume I need one per input?

Thanks

Comment

Thanks for the advice,

Yes I'll just edit HS3 devices for that relay board to 0=On and 1=Off.

I will give the NP 1uf capacitor a go as some of my wire runs for the non wireless gear can be quite long.

Does the cap go across the Input and ground and I presume I need one per input?

Thanks
          On short runs I use one from the input to ground at the board. For longer runs, I put one at the other end of the wire across the contacts as well.

Comment

MEGA 2560

Ill install thouse and see if things improve.

I take it that pull up resisters are internal and i do not need to add them?

Thanks

Comment

Ill install thouse and see if things improve.

I take it that pull up resisters are internal and i do not need to add them?

Thanks
              Yes, the sketch enables the internal pull up resistors. There is no need to use external resistors.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                I use 4 2560 Mega boards, each has multiple digital inputs and outputs, PWM outputs, analog inputs, OneWire inputs and an alive pin.
                Rendy,
                what is the "alive pin"?

Comment

Originally posted by khriss75 View Post
                  Rendy,
                  what is the "alive pin"?
                  It is a pin you can set in the configuration that is high when the board is connected to HomeSeer. Look at page 10 of the user guide.

I use it to activate a relay for my heating system. If the Arduino is not controlled by HomeSeer for any reason, this relay allows my system to revert to conventional thermostat>valve>limit switch controlled system. If the board is "alive" then it is all controlled by automation.

You can use it on any critical board as a means of activating some sort of failover if the board is not communicating.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                    It is a pin you can set in the configuration that is high when the board is connected to HomeSeer. Look at page 10 of the user guide.

I use it to activate a relay for my heating system. If the Arduino is not controlled by HomeSeer for any reason, this relay allows my system to revert to conventional thermostat>valve>limit switch controlled system. If the board is "alive" then it is all controlled by automation.

You can use it on any critical board as a means of activating some sort of failover if the board is not communicating.
                    Thanks a lot!

Comment

Working...
                    X