Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error Message in Log every 10 seconds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Error Message in Log every 10 seconds

    I just noticed this today and I think it started about a week ago. I get the following error in my log every 10 seconds.

    Code:
    Oct-28 11:45:37 PM 
    * 
    Error 
    Calling HSEvent in plugin Arduino Plugin, Instance :Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    .

    I reset the board and the message continued. I disconnected the board and the message continued. I disabled the plugin and the message stopped. I re-enabled the plugin and the message started up again.

    Any help would be appreciated.

  • #2
    My questions would be what did you install a week ago? This is sounds like a homeseer device getting set to a strange value but you would need to send me a debug log to find out.
    Greig.

    Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

    Comment


    • #3
      Found the cause

      See the attached log. I looked at it and didn't see an obvious cause. This caused me to think more about your question of what I may have recently installed.

      I did install a plugin downloaded from the following post:

      http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...=157837&page=5

      This plugin is designed to control a Yamaha AV receiver, which I own a model of.

      As I stated in my post to that author, I re-enabled the Arduino plugin and looked at my log and the messages started posting every 10 seconds. I disabled the Yamaha plugin and the error messages stopped. I then re-enabled the Yamaha plugin and the error messages returned. I then disabled the Yamaha plugin again and the error messages stopped.

      I have had the Arduino plugin enabled for almost 45 minutes and the Yamaha plugin disabled for the last 30 minutes and no error messages so I believe there must be some conflict between the Arduino plugin and the Yamaha plugin. Beyond me what it is though.

      Thanks for your plugin it controls a sprinkler system I have setup and is working fine

      Thanks

      Chuck
      Attached Files

      Comment


      • #4
        Please try V.130 and see if that helps. I have added some filtering to try and remove the error. I have also added more logging that can be turned on if the error is still there.

        Greig.
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
          Please try V.130 and see if that helps. I have added some filtering to try and remove the error. I have also added more logging that can be turned on if the error is still there.

          Greig.

          Greig, I just updated the Arduino plugin from version 1.0.0.127 to 1.0.0.130 and I am getting this message in the HomeSeer log repeatedly. I included a snapshot of the logs below.

          I am running version 3.0.0.218 of HomeSeer. Let me know if you need any additional info.

          Notice in the log where the Conversion form string goes from False to True and back to False. This is where I was flipping the debug flag from Off to On then back to On. I attached a debug log.

          Code:
          Oct-31 2:54:22 PM	 	Error	Calling HSEvent in plugin Arduino Plugin, Instance :Conversion from string "False" to type 'Double' is not valid.
          Oct-31 2:54:20 PM	 	Error	Calling HSEvent in plugin Arduino Plugin, Instance :Conversion from string "False" to type 'Double' is not valid.
          Oct-31 2:54:18 PM	 	Error	Calling HSEvent in plugin Arduino Plugin, Instance :Conversion from string "False" to type 'Double' is not valid.
          Oct-31 2:54:16 PM	 	Error	Calling HSEvent in plugin Arduino Plugin, Instance :Conversion from string "False" to type 'Double' is not valid.
          Oct-31 2:54:00 PM	 	Error	Calling HSEvent in plugin Arduino Plugin, Instance :Conversion from string "True" to type 'Double' is not valid.
          Oct-31 2:53:35 PM	 	Error	Calling HSEvent in plugin Arduino Plugin, Instance :Conversion from string "True" to type 'Double' is not valid.
          Oct-31 2:53:00 PM	 	Error	Calling HSEvent in plugin Arduino Plugin, Instance :Conversion from string "False" to type 'Double' is not valid.
          Oct-31 2:52:35 PM	 	Error	Calling HSEvent in plugin Arduino Plugin, Instance :Conversion from string "False" to type 'Double' is not valid.
          Oct-31 2:52:00 PM	 	Error	Calling HSEvent in plugin Arduino Plugin, Instance :Conversion from string "False" to type 'Double' is not valid.
          Oct-31 2:51:35 PM	 	Error	Calling HSEvent in plugin Arduino Plugin, Instance :Conversion from string "False" to type 'Double' is not valid.
          Attached Files
          Billy Draper

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by bdraper View Post
            Greig, I just updated the Arduino plugin from version 1.0.0.127 to 1.0.0.130 and I am getting this message in the HomeSeer log repeatedly. I included a snapshot of the logs below.

            I am running version 3.0.0.218 of HomeSeer. Let me know if you need any additional info.

            Notice in the log where the Conversion form string goes from False to True and back to False. This is where I was flipping the debug flag from Off to On then back to On. I attached a debug log.

            Code:
            Oct-31 2:54:22 PM	 	Error	Calling HSEvent in plugin Arduino Plugin, Instance :Conversion from string "False" to type 'Double' is not valid.
            Oct-31 2:54:20 PM	 	Error	Calling HSEvent in plugin Arduino Plugin, Instance :Conversion from string "False" to type 'Double' is not valid.
            Oct-31 2:54:18 PM	 	Error	Calling HSEvent in plugin Arduino Plugin, Instance :Conversion from string "False" to type 'Double' is not valid.
            Oct-31 2:54:16 PM	 	Error	Calling HSEvent in plugin Arduino Plugin, Instance :Conversion from string "False" to type 'Double' is not valid.
            Oct-31 2:54:00 PM	 	Error	Calling HSEvent in plugin Arduino Plugin, Instance :Conversion from string "True" to type 'Double' is not valid.
            Oct-31 2:53:35 PM	 	Error	Calling HSEvent in plugin Arduino Plugin, Instance :Conversion from string "True" to type 'Double' is not valid.
            Oct-31 2:53:00 PM	 	Error	Calling HSEvent in plugin Arduino Plugin, Instance :Conversion from string "False" to type 'Double' is not valid.
            Oct-31 2:52:35 PM	 	Error	Calling HSEvent in plugin Arduino Plugin, Instance :Conversion from string "False" to type 'Double' is not valid.
            Oct-31 2:52:00 PM	 	Error	Calling HSEvent in plugin Arduino Plugin, Instance :Conversion from string "False" to type 'Double' is not valid.
            Oct-31 2:51:35 PM	 	Error	Calling HSEvent in plugin Arduino Plugin, Instance :Conversion from string "False" to type 'Double' is not valid.
            Sorry. This should be fixed in V.131

            Greig
            Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
            X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
            Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
            Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
            Scripts =
            Various

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
              Sorry. This should be fixed in V.131

              Greig
              Thanks Greig, how do I get V.131? I do not see it in the updater.
              Billy Draper

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by bdraper View Post
                Thanks Greig, how do I get V.131? I do not see it in the updater.
                It is there I just checked. Did you click update listing?

                Greig.
                Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                Scripts =
                Various

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                  It is there I just checked. Did you click update listing?

                  Greig.
                  Thanks, I see it now. The update took care of the error message, thanks for your work. I appreciate it.
                  Billy Draper

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Ok, I downloaded V130 and installed and got the same error message as bdraper. I then downloaded and installed V131 and it has run for close to 24 hours with no errors. Thanks for your good work.

                    I like the beta feature to "invert" the values. That is great. I have a relay and it standard state is "low" rather than "high" so it was much easier to just click on "invert" rather than change by hand.

                    In my case the pins I have configured are on and off only. Can I delete the other status states and just leave on and off?

                    Also it creates a 2nd device per pin with a slider title "output" time. Can you explain the function of this device? Also is there any reason why I shouldn't delete these devices since all I use is on and off.

                    I also want to say that I really appreciate all the work you have put into this plugin and the quick help you have given to resolve my problem. Thank you very much!'


                    Chuck

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by cfrudolphy View Post
                      Ok, I downloaded V130 and installed and got the same error message as bdraper. I then downloaded and installed V131 and it has run for close to 24 hours with no errors. Thanks for your good work.

                      I like the beta feature to "invert" the values. That is great. I have a relay and it standard state is "low" rather than "high" so it was much easier to just click on "invert" rather than change by hand.

                      In my case the pins I have configured are on and off only. Can I delete the other status states and just leave on and off?

                      Also it creates a 2nd device per pin with a slider title "output" time. Can you explain the function of this device? Also is there any reason why I shouldn't delete these devices since all I use is on and off.

                      I also want to say that I really appreciate all the work you have put into this plugin and the quick help you have given to resolve my problem. Thank you very much!'


                      Chuck
                      Good news and thanks for the feedback and kind words.

                      I would leave the other values on the output devices as they might come in handy at some time and you would have to delete the device to add the again or add the manually.
                      I have just noticed I have missed the other output devices out of the manual so I will update it in the next release.

                      Blink: This will Blink the output on and off at the time set by the Output Time device for the given pin

                      One Flash: This will Set the Output High then Low using the time set by the Output Time device for the given pin

                      Toggle: Will turn the device off if it is on and on if it is off.

                      I hope this explains it all.

                      Greig.
                      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                      Scripts =
                      Various

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X