X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marekd1
    replied
    Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
    Yes this is on the list of thing to do. I am looking at one wire at the moment but am struggling with this and the API is the next step.

Greig.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Excellent thank you so much Greig!!!

BTW the updated plugin is awesome. Also this is not a biggie but perhaps a suggestion. Is there a way to add at some time in the future ability to add boards that are not sequential. For now if I want to say group them by function and start at 15-30 I would have to first create 15 blank boards before I can configure the 15-30. Again not a big deal but it would definitely be a nice feature if you could pick a board number to add.

Mark

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    Originally posted by marekd1 View Post
    Hello Greig,

Do you have any plans to include the API support for the NodeMCU's?

Looks like there are some significant changes to this version and old custom API are not so happy.

It would be nice if plugin could generate the API shell for the NodeMCU the same way as you presently have for Arduino.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again
    Mark
    Yes this is on the list of thing to do. I am looking at one wire at the moment but am struggling with this and the API is the next step.

Greig.

Leave a comment:

• marekd1
    replied
    The Latest Beta builds now support up to 30 boards and also the NodeMCU wifi Boards.

Greig.
    Hello Greig,

Do you have any plans to include the API support for the NodeMCU's?

Looks like there are some significant changes to this version and old custom API are not so happy.

It would be nice if plugin could generate the API shell for the NodeMCU the same way as you presently have for Arduino.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again
    Mark

Leave a comment:

• marekd1
    replied
    The Latest Beta builds now support up to 30 boards and also the NodeMCU wifi Boards.

Greig.
    Thank you again!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Vincenttor
    replied

Greig.
    Thanks for the effort !
    thats great, i can't wait till my house is finished so i can add /connect devices.

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied

Greig.
    Wow, that is awesome!
    I have 5 NodeMCUs waiting.

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied

Greig.

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    The MQTT plugin is in the updater.

Leave a comment:

• Vincenttor
    replied
    no problem,
    you can find the plugin and support i believe on www.domoticaforum.eu

Leave a comment:

• khriss75
    replied
    Originally posted by Vincenttor View Post
    if you are using the esp devices for temp etc .
    You can also load a mqtt sketch on them, so it connects to a mqtt broker
    I believe the plugin for mqtt is free, and this is probably "limitless" with the amount of esps in your network.

I haven't done it yet but i am going to use it this way for my fire detector /microwave motion detector / pir / temp/humid in one :P
    Hi Vince,
    thanks so much for your info!
    I'm looking the MQTT solution: very simple, stable and fast!
    One broker, al lot of devices connected.

Thanks!

Cris

Leave a comment:

• Vincenttor
    replied
    if you are using the esp devices for temp etc .
    You can also load a mqtt sketch on them, so it connects to a mqtt broker
    I believe the plugin for mqtt is free, and this is probably "limitless" with the amount of esps in your network.

I haven't done it yet but i am going to use it this way for my fire detector /microwave motion detector / pir / temp/humid in one :P

Leave a comment:

• khriss75
    replied
    Originally posted by marekd1 View Post
    You defintely peeked my interest and sounds like a cool idea. When you get it going I would be interested in seeing how you coded the master / slave apprach and intergrated into the API. I could use this also in between Arduino's so applications are endless. If you have some examples that you could share I would be very gratefull.

Mark
    Hi Mark,
    I'm not a programmer but I'm reading aand testing a lot of example on the web.
    Also I'm approaching to nRF24l01...

Leave a comment:

• marekd1
    replied
    Originally posted by khriss75 View Post
    Marekd1,
    I'm playing with NodeMCU but not already used in my automation.

As you, the maximum number of 9 board, with NodeMCU (ESP8266) for me could be a problem.

My idea is to have one ESP8266 (the master) connected to homeseer and all you want other ESP8266 conencted to "the master". The esp in the bedroom can comunicate temperature and humidity to the master, then the master send data to homeseer. The same for all other esp slave...

Could be an idea?
    You defintely peeked my interest and sounds like a cool idea. When you get it going I would be interested in seeing how you coded the master / slave apprach and intergrated into the API. I could use this also in between Arduino's so applications are endless. If you have some examples that you could share I would be very gratefull.

Mark

Leave a comment:

• khriss75
    replied
    Marekd1,
    I'm playing with NodeMCU but not already used in my automation.

As you, the maximum number of 9 board, with NodeMCU (ESP8266) for me could be a problem.

My idea is to have one ESP8266 (the master) connected to homeseer and all you want other ESP8266 conencted to "the master". The esp in the bedroom can comunicate temperature and humidity to the master, then the master send data to homeseer. The same for all other esp slave...

Could be an idea?

Leave a comment:

• marekd1
    replied
    Mark. FYI I have started to coding to have more supported boards but as I said it is not to easy with the way the plugin works. I hope to have this by Christmas.
    By the way how are you running your ESP8266. Can you share your code?

No pressure, this is definitely not a life and death issue. I will wait, as needed. I do however want to thank you for considering this. Like I said before you created an incredible plugin and you keep on providing incredible level of support for it. I personally command you on your efforts and thank you!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X