Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    Mark. FYI I have started to coding to have more supported boards but as I said it is not to easy with the way the plugin works. I hope to have this by Christmas.
    By the way how are you running your ESP8266. Can you share your code?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• marekd1
    replied
    Originally posted by khriss75 View Post
    Hi Mark,
    you can consider to use a API version. Here you can configure an hardware with 74HC595 for Output and 74HC165 for Input...
    Sure, is quite difficult but in this mode you can have a "illimitate" I/O.

Thanks for the suggestion, however the number of I/O lines does not limit me on a single Arduino. My issue is that I started to use the wireless ESP8266 devices to monitor the temp and humidity. I have 6 of these implemented at the moment and given that I have another 6 Arduinos in 6 locations (rooms) puts me outside of the limit. The answer would be to run cabling to accommodate the remote I/O but then that defeats the purpose in having great ability of putting a device in area that requires control and minimizing the amount of cabling needed not to mention typical electrical noise that long cabling would be susceptible to. I can always spin up another HS3 just for that purpose but then I need to manage two instances and one does not communicate with the other.

Perhaps there is a way to link multiple instances of HS3 more natively in similar way as xAP does. I am not aware of any but this does not mean that it does not exist. I ma learning something new every day

Any other ideas ????

Regards
    Mark

Leave a comment:

• khriss75
    replied
    Hi Mark,
    you can consider to use a API version. Here you can configure an hardware with 74HC595 for Output and 74HC165 for Input...
    Sure, is quite difficult but in this mode you can have a "illimitate" I/O.

Leave a comment:

• marekd1
    replied
    Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
    At the moment the answer is no but I will look at this in the future. This would require quite a bit of work and testing.

Greig.

Thanks for the reply Graig. Hopefully if time permits higher number of devices will be an option. I am using a lot of discreet I/O and Arduino plugin makes this extremely easy. I've moved away from xAP as new platform became available with your plugin.

Thanks for doing such a great work in supporting your plugin!!!

Mark

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    At the moment the answer is no but I will look at this in the future. This would require quite a bit of work and testing.

Greig.

Leave a comment:

• marekd1
    replied
    Originally posted by marekd1 View Post
    Hello

Just wondering if there is a possibility/plans of expanding the maximum number of devices from 9 Arduino's to a higher number?

Regards
    Mark
    Greig just wondering if you can you comment on this when you have a sec.

Best Regards
    Mark

Leave a comment:

• marekd1
    started a topic Maximum number of devices

Maximum number of devices

Hello

Just wondering if there is a possibility/plans of expanding the maximum number of devices from 9 Arduino's to a higher number?

Regards
    Mark
Working...
X