• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pins not shown in Add Pin Setup

From the manual.

Notes:
    Ethernet Note:
    Arduino communicates with both the W5100 and SD card using the SPI bus (through the ICSP header).
    This is on D11, D12, and D13 on "classic" format Arduino models such as the Duemilanove, and pins D50,
    D51, and D52 on the Arduino Mega.
    D10 is used to select the W5100 and cannot be used for general I/O.
    D4 is used for the SD card and can only be used for general I/O if the SD slot is not occupied.D2 is used if
    a solder bridge is placed across the "INT" pads to connect it to the W5100's INT pin.
    Page 10 of 12
    On the Mega, the hardware SS pin, D53, is not used to select either the W5100 or the SD card, but it
    must be kept as an output or the SPI interface won't work.
    Although not used by most SD card libraries, A0 is connected to the SD slot's write protect (WP) pin and
    A1 is connected to the card detect switch. Both are pulled high by 10k resistors on the Ethernet shield.
    These pins therefore cannot be used for analog input with the shield unless they are bent back or
    clipped off before inserting the shield into the arduino. Additionally, if a user's circuit uses these pins for
    digital IO, the pullups may cause problems for existing circuitry.

I would upgrade to a mega if you need more pins.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Thanks for the detailed information. It is of great help. I understand now that most of the pins left are not available for normal use. Is there any way to use pins 0 and 1 as I have them free and seem not reserved for any special use? But they do not appear in the selection box for Add Pin Setup...

Comment

Originally posted by iglesiasruben View Post
        Thanks for the detailed information. It is of great help. I understand now that most of the pins left are not available for normal use. Is there any way to use pins 0 and 1 as I have them free and seem not reserved for any special use? But they do not appear in the selection box for Add Pin Setup...
        If you check the Advanced Ethernet Settings tickbox on the board config page this will give you the option of using all pins but please do make sure you do not use pins that are in use by the shields you are using.

Greig.
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

I upgraded to Mega, thanks :-)

Comment

Working...
          X