secu16-I devices no longer show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

secu16-I devices no longer show

HI I have been using this plugin since moving from HS2 to HS3 around 10 months ago. I have been running a Ocelot connecting to 8 SECU16-I boxes for 6 years plus no problem.

Now only one SECU16-I device is showing as connected to the Ocelot box when I go to the Config page of the plugin in HS3, I believe the house had a power failure while away on holiday.

I have restarted everything a couple of times in different orders, I have deleted all the devices and recreated only one module returned. The Ocelot device and the SECU16-I lights are all flashing as normal. Nothing is has a power failure and the comms lights blink regular.

What can I do next? I am wondering if some file is corrupt? No clues in the start up log it just says the plugin is starting?

thanks for all help

Hello techboy,

Do the units show up in CMAX? You can find a CMAX download link at the top of this forum in the description thread.

If the units do not show up in CMAX, you may have a Secu16-I addressing problem and you could try to re-address them. I have seen addressing problems with extended power outages.

If the units show up in CMAX and if you see them in the log when the plugin starts, your HS3\Config\hspi_gts_cpuxa.ini file may be hosed. You could delete all your secu16i devices, shutdown HS3, and delete the hspi_gts_cpuxa.ini file. The file will be recreated when you restart HS3.

Let me know what you find out.

Bruce

Comment

Hi thanks

Bruce logged in with CMAX out of the 8 devices it only shows connection to 1 device what is the best way to re-address them it has been along time since I have done that and only once then.

thanks

Comment

It's been awhile since I addressed units myself and as I remember, its always a fun adventure. Here is the document I used last time I did it.

Bruce

Comment

Hi
          I did the auto address for the modules and each time it moved onto the next address number, I added six devices in total. However it only shows devices in address locations 3/4/5. What does this mean why doesn't it show 1/2/6 theses where registered as part of the auto address routine? please see screen shot Click image for larger version

Name:	commsScreen.png
Views:	119
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	1246025
          thanks for all help feeling confused....
          Attached Files

Comment

Techboy,
            You may have a bad unit that is messing up your addressing. From what I understand the guys at Automation Tec are very prompt with hardware support issues. You can start with them here.

I would test each unit individually by only connecting one at a time and make sure it is working properly. The ADICON guys at Automation Tec may have a better way of getting to the bottom of this particular hardware problem.

I do remember a few years ago fighting with a similar problem. It took me a few hours of readdressing to get all units back on the ADNET.

Bruce

Comment

Thanks Bruce
              I have contacted them fingers crossed

Comment

Working...
              X