Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunrise-, Sunset- Event does not run all actions

Hi!
    I used two events (triggers are sunrise and sunset) für opening and closing my rolling shutters. This worked well for about 10 years. Since a few mounths only 1-3 rolling shutters are opening or closing automatically. Manually triggering the event gives the same result.
    At the beginning I suspected the SW10 s (X10 switches), but they still work fine using HSTouch or pressing them manually.
    I already tried splitting each event (adressing 6 SW10 at once) into 6 events (each with one second delay), but this didnt solve the problem.

Now I have 12 single events. Each one adresses one SW10 and tells it to open or close the rolling shutter. If I run one of the events, nothing will happen.
    If I push one of the HSTouch buttons adressing a SW10 it will open, close and even dim.

Does anyone have an idea how to make it work again.

;-)

I already posted this in the general discussion area and got the hint to better ask the question in the X10 forum:
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...un-all-actions

The X10 forum didnt seem to be the right place too, so I moved the discussion over here. Old thread:
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...un-all-actions

This is the last post in the other thread:
    Originally posted by mfisher View Post
    Fagor, sorry you are having troubles. The X10 plugins discussed in this forum are not compatible with your CPUXA (Ocelot) hardware. Some folks who frequent this forum may be familiar with the CPUXA but may not be familiar with the GTS plugin for it. I have no experience with either of them. You might want to ask your questions in the forum for that plugin: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/an...ocelot-bbowser

With that said, let's see if we can help get to the root of your issue...

Just to clarify for everyone reading, can you please confirm that this is your setup:

[WIN10 + HS3 + GTS CPUXA plugin] ---(RS232 serial)---> [CPUXA] ---(telephone cable)---> [XM10] ---{power line}---> [SW10] ---> Roller Shutter

Where:
    CPUXA is a CPUXA "Ocelot"
    XM10 is the X10 powerline interface (220v version of the TW523)

As I see it here are the parts of your X10 system where the problem may exist:
    1) power line communication
    2) X10 hardware: CPUXA, XM10 or SM10
    3) CPUXA plugin
    4) HS3 event engine

Upon review of your log file it appears that the events are being properly triggered and are correctly requesting the CPUXA to control the shutters. Did the shutters referenced in the log events move or not move when these events in your log were executed?

Since your system was working correctly for some time, my first question is - what changed?
    - Was the HS3 software updated?
    - Was the CPUXA plugin updated?
    - Did something change in your X10 system, such as plugging in a new module, removing a module, an new computer/phone/TV/etc. in the house?

Some additional questions:
    1) Are there any problems with X10 communications on your power line? Can you manually control all of your X10 devices reliably? All of the time?
    2) Do you have any other X10 devices such as lights? If so, do you have any problems controlling them?
    3) As asked in the post above, can you reliably control the shutters using controls on the Device Management page in HS?
    4) What happens if you manually run these events from the HS Events page? Do the shutters open and close as expected?
    5) What other things are happening when these problem events are run? Maybe other HS events, X10 devices being controlled, electrical devices being turned on or off?

Comment

Plugin version is 3.5.16263.159
      HS3 version is 3.0.0.425

Now I'll try to answer mfishers questions:

The setup is exactly how he described:

[WIN10 + HS3 + GTS CPUXA plugin] ---(RS232 serial)---> [CPUXA] ---(telephone cable)---> [XM10] ---{power line}---> [SW10] ---> Roller Shutter
      Where:
      CPUXA is a CPUXA "Ocelot"
      XM10 is the X10 powerline interface (220v version of the TW523)

I didnt update anything (except of the forced updates of WIN10). As long as everything is running I never do updates just for fun.
      There are three main power lines in my house. Two of them are used for common appliance an the third is separated by a X-10 filter (FD10) and is only used for the SW10s. I didnt add anything new in this third power line.

Answers to the additional questions:
      1) I can always control every SW10 (that is the only x10 device I use) manualy or by HSTouch.
      2) I dont have any other X10 device.
      3) Controlling by the device management page works well.
      4) Running the events manually works well.
      5) Nobody is at home when the events are running and no other event is triggered at the same time.

;-)

Comment

fagor,
        That is a strange problem.

If the event works triggering it manually, why would it not work when triggered by sunset/sunrise? You could try setting up a manual event to run the shades and run that manual event with a sunrise/sunset event just to see if HST has a bug of some type in the mix.

Are you absolutely positive that the shades work every single time from the control page or HSTouch? I had a bad PCS05, when I was developing the X10 code, that would sometimes not get a signal out. I wasted a lot of time on that problem

On Monday (11/26) I will do some testing to see if I can control X10 devices with sunset/sunrise. I do not have an SW10 device to test, but can try with a light switch.

Comment

He wrote in the first post that triggering the event manually also fails, but controlling the device manually through HSTouch does work. He posted a snippet of his log in this post
          https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...82#post1260882
          The log seems to show a conflict. The device is being told to set to Down but the response seems to say it is being set to Up. What is odd is the same thing seems to occur when he controls it from HSTouch, shown at the bottom of the log.

He has not posted a screenshot of the Event(s).
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

rprade,
            I didn't go through all the posts... I'm away from my office for the weekend. I was looking at fagor's last post here where he said: 4) Running the events manually works well".
            I will dig into it Monday. After looking at his log, it looks like I have and issue in the event code.

Comment

I did some more testing.

Running the events manually where I adress only one SW10 works 100% (about 30 tests).
              Click image for larger version

Name:	1 one event for one SW10.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	1261472
              Triggering these events by sunrise/sunset does not work. 2-3 times a week one or two of the shutters will move.
              Running an event manually 30 times that tells all shutters to go down makes 2 shutters go down (one at the first attempt and the second after 25 attempts).

Name:	2 all shutters down.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	1261474
              Log:

Name:	3 log.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	1261477

Opening or closing the shutters by HSTouch works 98% (about 50 attempts and one fail, attachment 4).

Name:	4 HSTouch.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	1261475
              Attached Files

Comment

The log shows the single events for each SW10.

Comment

Log of the one event for all SW10:
                  Attached Files

Comment

I was able to remote into my system and fire up the development machine. I have "Up" and "Down" reversed when writing to the log after a command is sent. The device command, when hitting buttons on the Device Management page or triggering an Event Action, sends the correct RS232 command to the Ocelot. It's just written to the log wrong (reversed). Easy fix but doesn't explain what is happening to fagor.

If I read you correctly fagor, you are saying that when you send single commands to the Ocelot it works, but when you have multiple commands in an event it doesn't? If that is correct, put a 1 second or more wait between the commands and let us know how that works. There is an 80 ms delay in all queued RS232 commands going to the Ocelot, but maybe in this instance we need more of a delay between X10 signals. It's the only thing I can think of at the moment.

I remember working with you Uli (fagor) to get this device working in 2016, fun times LOL. As far as I know you are the only one using the SW10 with the Ocelot.

Bruce

Comment

Hey Bruce,
                      yes I remember that as well. ;-)

Your suggestion (one event for each SW10 with 1 second delay) is exactly what I tried first.

Name:	1 one event for one SW10.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	1261632
                      Log:

Name:	3 log.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	1261633

I already described the result at the beginning of post #7.

At the moment I have both versions running (the 5 single events with only one SW10 and the one event with all SW10s), but this morning only one shutter moved.
                      My next step will be an additional event (triggered by sunrise/sunset) that triggers my other events. I will post screenshots of the setup.

;-)

Attached Files

Comment

fagor, I was thinking something like this where you could play with the wait times.

Name:	sw10.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	1261636

Comment

I dont know why, but your setup worked this evening.
                          Tomorrow we will see if the sunrise event works, too.
                          ;-)

Comment

Working...
                          X