Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gcyeaw
    replied
    Thanks for doing the work. When I have time I will go this route for sure, just too busy right now to make changes. Using the HS3 X10 and some devices work, others don't. All worked with Ocelot on HS1 and 2. Looking forward to getting on board with this Plugin.

Leave a comment:

• bbowser
    replied
    mterry63,
    I'll check it out either later tonight when I get back or tomorrow morning.

Leave a comment:

• mterry63
    replied
    I did run into one odd thing that appears to be a problem. I use Tenholde's tenscriptaid utility, and it won't run after creating a device with this plugin. He created a tool called findbadeviceref listed here http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=19 and when I run it it hangs on the first device id created by this plugin.

Oddly enough, that was also one of the issues with the Homeseer Ocelot plugin that only did I/O.

It seems like something isn't being created that expected in the device object?

Leave a comment:

• bbowser
    replied
    mterry63,
    I look forward to your results

Leave a comment:

• mterry63
    replied
    I was using the standard Homeseer Ocelot Plugin on HS2. I've been on HS3 for about 4 months.

I started HS3 with the Homeseer Ocelot plugin (supporting I/O only) and the Homeseer X10 plugin with a spare TI103 I had. The Ocelot plugin was buggy, and the TI103 was kind of a pain, so I moved recently to the xapmcsadiOcelot plugin. It just requires more complexity and a lot of old technology (ActiveX).

I'm hoping with your plugin I can go back to a simplified version with I/O and X10 support. I migrated my Ocelot IR, which worked great for years, to the Harmony Hub IR plugin and never looked back.

I'll wrap up migrating to your plugin this weekend and report back how things went.

Leave a comment:

• bbowser
    replied
    mterry63,

It will be interesting to see what works and what doesn't. I had a great time getting the plug-in to where it is. Would very much like to get it to the capability of the HS2 plug-ins and maybe beyond before I move on to porting some of my other plug-ins to HS3.

It's been so long I can't remember why I gravitated to the HS2 mcs ADIOcelot plug-in. Which HS2 Ocelot plug-in are you using now?

Leave a comment:

• mterry63
    replied
    Thanks Bruce.

I'm coming from a working HS2/Ocelot setup to HS3, and all my X10 devices worked fine under the HS2/Ocelot combination.

I've got standard X10 lamp and appliance modules, as well as Leviton DHC devices (switches) and Compose PLC devices (Fan Controllers). Sounds like your plugin should work with these. The challenge is figuring out what "type" to select when adding them to the plugin. Should be relatively straightforward. Outside the X10 units I think all the others support extended commands/dimming. I also have the SECU16 I/O module which is great to have supported again.

My Ocelot is connected to an XTB-IIR and I haven't had a signal issue in years.

I've got a number of the Bobcat modules that I no longer use (switched to Z-Wave on all those) so maybe we can work something out for getting them to you for adding support. I have the Light/Temp/Humidity modules but not the Contact/RS232/RS485 modules.

Let me add my thanks for rescuing all the Homeseer users that felt the Ocelot just "worked" and never replaced it. I've even got a spare just in case, LOL.

Will definitely be purchasing this plugin!

Leave a comment:

• bbowser
    replied
    Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
    Is there a list of what devices are an extended lamp module?
    I do not have a list of lamp/switch modules that are capable of extended commands at this time.

The plug-in can handle lamp/switch modules that respond to On, Off, Dim, and Bright commands and lamp/switch modules that respond to the latter and extended commands. If the Ocelot can control the X-10 unit, the plug-in may be able to also.

My experience is with WS467 wall switches. Depending on when they were manufactured, they work with the plug-in as lamp modules or extended lamp modules. If you have particular switches you want to use, let me know and I'll look to see if they will work.

Had some bad experiences with X10 early on in large house installations and have pretty much steered away from the technology in favor of Z-Wave, UPB and RadioRA. Could make it work, but 2 weeks later the customer would plug something into the wall and kill it. Would go back, troubleshoot and fix but after multiple returns on site, the cost effective factor went down the drain

The plug-in was developed primarily for IO, variable (for capturing analog values) and IR. X10 got thrown in as an after thought but I am more than willing to add what I can to the current capabilities.

Let me know what devices you need to work with the plug-in and I will look into it.

Bruce

Leave a comment:

• mterry63
    replied
    Is there a list of what devices are an extended lamp module?

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• bbowser
    replied
    Guys...

You can take a look at the plug-in help here.

Screen shots can be found here.

Bruce

Leave a comment:

• bbowser
    replied
    Originally posted by jrfuda View Post
    This is great news! I assume my SECU16 and SECU16IR will work with this as well?
    Hi jrfuda,
    I have both working with XP, Win7 X64, Win10, Debian7, and Centos7.

Give it a try and let me know if you have any issues.

Bruce

Leave a comment:

• jrfuda
    replied
    This is great news! I assume my SECU16 and SECU16IR will work with this as well?

Leave a comment:

• bbowser
    replied
    Originally posted by randy_h View Post
    Thanks, Bruce. Your link worked. I am official now.

randy
    Thanks Randy!

Leave a comment:

• randy_h
    replied
    Thanks, Bruce. Your link worked. I am official now.

randy

Leave a comment:

• bbowser
    replied
    Originally posted by randy_h View Post
    I just tried to BUY this plugin I have been trialing and I get a Homeseer Oops page when I click the BUY NOW button.

Does it take a bit for a new plugin to propagate everywhere it needs to be? ( I am new to Homeseer)

randy
    Randy,
    Very glad you are having good luck with the plug-in. I have an email in to Tyler on the oops problem. If you look at the url of the oops page and copy everything on the right side of the equals sign it with get you to the buy page.

http:/store.homeseer.com/store/GTS-CPUXA-Ocelot-Plug-in-for-HS3-P2150.aspx

Thoroughly test it and make sure it does everything you need before you buy

Bruce
    Last edited by bbowser; March 4, 2016, 07:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X