Ocelot Plug-In for HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dcjohnston View Post
    ok, I got it, thanks for the update. I just licensed the plugin also. Thanks for your work on this, it is going to make a lot of people happy.

Dave
    Awesome Dave ! ! !
    Have fun

Comment

Bruce,

The plugin has been working great, thanks for writing this.

Question - in the Plugin Config page there is an option that says

Log Communications to Ocelot.log:

When checked, where is this file actually at? I checked it for fun but couldn't actually find the log file.

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
        Bruce,

The plugin has been working great, thanks for writing this.

Question - in the Plugin Config page there is an option that says

Log Communications to Ocelot.log:

When checked, where is this file actually at? I checked it for fun but couldn't actually find the log file.
        Martin,
        Yeah... we had a rough start, but with your fantastic help the plugin seems to be in good working order. Thanks again for shining light on the issues early on.

The Ocelot.log file is located in a folder called Debug Logs in the HS3 folder.

I'm just about ready to release an update that has support for Bobcats, 18 max units, and Ocelot timers. Hopefully I'll have it ready by the end of the weekend.

Bruce

Comment

Naming restrictions?

Once devices are selected in the plug-in they are then populated in the HS Device List with the Group, Room and Name fields filled in. Can these 3 fields in HS be changed or must they remain "GTS CPUXA" AND "x10", Etc. ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
            Once devices are selected in the plug-in they are then populated in the HS Device List with the Group, Room and Name fields filled in. Can these 3 fields in HS be changed or must they remain "GTS CPUXA" AND "x10", Etc. ?
            Hi Jim,
            Sorry for the delay, I usually get notifications of a post here on my phone via Tapatalk but not this time for some reason.

You can absolutely change those fields to whatever you would like.

Bruce

Comment

Bruce,

Is it possible to install and test your plug-in with the native HS Ocelot plug-in installed ? Can I just disable the HS plug-in and test yours out, and then go back to the HS plug-in without losing anything?

Thanks!

--------
              Denny

Comment

Originally posted by carletondm View Post
                Bruce,

Is it possible to install and test your plug-in with the native HS Ocelot plug-in installed ? Can I just disable the HS plug-in and test yours out, and then go back to the HS plug-in without losing anything?

Thanks!

--------
                Denny
                Denny,
                Yes, you should not have any problems with testing as long as you have the HS version disabled. Let me know if you have any issues.
                Bruce

Comment

Bruce,

Thanks!

--------
                  Denny
                  It will assign difference codes to the devices.

~Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Brower View Post
                    It will assign difference codes to the devices.
                    Meaning that it will create new devices and assign different device references to them, or it will change my currently-existing devices created by the HS plug-in?

--------
                    Denny

Comment

Meaning that it will create new devices and assign different device references to them, or it will change my currently-existing devices created by the HS plug-in?

--------
                      Denny
                      It will create new devices and assign different device references to them.

~Bill

Comment

SIDE NOTE:
                        The HST plugin used a lot more CPU percentage than this plugin at least on my system.

~Bill

Comment

--------
                          Denny
                          Denny,
                          Yes, the GTS plugin will create new devices with new device refs. When you create devices with the GTS CPUXA plugin, they are owned by GTS CPUXA and will not effect the HS plugin devices. Of course disable the HS plugin to prevent COM port conflicts. If you decide to stick with the HS plugin, on the GTS CPUXA config tab there is a button for deleting all GTS CPUXA devices. Then you can disable the GTS plugin and re-enable the HS plugin and be back where you were before trialing the GTS plugin.

Bruce

Comment

Lamp switch type selection

Once you have selected the "type" of switch in the plugin during setup can it be changed later without deleting it completely and then having to re-enter it? Trying to avoid having to redo any programming where these devices are referenced.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                              Once you have selected the "type" of switch in the plugin during setup can it be changed later without deleting it completely and then having to re-enter it? Trying to avoid having to redo any programming where these devices are referenced.
                              Yes Jim, on the devices config page you can change types without recreating the device.
                              Bruce

Comment

Dimmable

Is there a reason it won't let you check the "Is Dimmable" box on the config page and shows Dimmable status as "False" on the advanced page?

Comment

Working...
                                X