• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bbowser
    replied
    Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
    Bruce,

Have you heard of anyone else using the Leopard I panel successfully with your plugin when it comes to IR?

I have not.

Can I load CMAX software onto my Hometroller S6 Pro?

No idea, I do not use Homeseer controllers.

I assume I would have to close down homeseer before running CMAX. Would this be correct?

Yes, 2 programs can't share a com port.

Also, I have a regular Ocelot Unit. Could I remove the Leopard I from my system as I don't need the touchscreen function. Could I just drop the Ocelot into my system without it messing up my unit addressing for the modules?

You will have to readdress.

You mentioned in your info that ocelot and leopards don't work in slave mode with ir. Is there any chance the plugin is defaulting the leopard panel to slave mode?

Parameter 14 tells you if it is a slave or not.

I assume if I go the CMAX route that I would train IR in CMAX and then note the locations of each device and then transfer this to your plugin. Is this correct?

Once you learn the locations, just create the devices and you will be able to send from the plugin. Nothing gets transferred to plugin, the locations reside in the Ocelot/Leopard.

If I substitute ocelot for leopard do I have to remove and reinstall your plugin and remove all x10 and secu16 & secu16ir units and start over with everything?

Not sure about that, I have never tried it.
    You will have to experiment.

Sure wished the ir worked with leopard. Is there anything else that you can think of that you could change in plugin to try and make this work?

Wish could be more help but I would suggest trying to learn a couple locations with CMax then send with the plugin. I have no other suggestions.

The Leopard is set to master mode but maybe your plugin doesn't see it that way?

Parameter 14 tells you if it is a slave or not. Did you try using the Leopards emitter port to see if that works?

Thanks again for all your help and suggestions on these matters...Rick
    Rick,
    Sorry for your issues Rick, wish I could be of more help. Without a Leopard to test its difficult for me to see what you are dealing with.
    Bruce
    Last edited by bbowser; March 11, 2018, 02:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rick Bonari
    replied
    Bruce,

Have you heard of anyone else using the Leopard I panel successfully with your plugin when it comes to IR?
    Can I load CMAX software onto my Hometroller S6 Pro? I assume I would have to close down homeseer before running CMAX. Would this be correct?
    Also, I have a regular Ocelot Unit. Could I remove the Leopard I from my system as I don't need the touchscreen function. Could I just drop the Ocelot into my system without it messing up my unit addressing for the modules?
    You mentioned in your info that ocelot and leopards don't work in slave mode with ir. Is there any chance the plugin is defaulting the leopard panel to slave mode?
    I assume if I go the CMAX route that I would train IR in CMAX and then note the locations of each device and then transfer this to your plugin. Is this correct?
    If I substitute ocelot for leopard do I have to remove and reinstall your plugin and remove all x10 and secu16 & secu16ir units and start over with everything?
    Sure wished the ir worked with leopard. Is there anything else that you can think of that you could change in plugin to try and make this work? The Leopard is set to master mode but maybe your plugin doesn't see it that way?
    Thanks again for all your help and suggestions on these matters...Rick

Leave a comment:

• bbowser
    started a topic GTS CPUXA Plug-in Description

GTS CPUXA Plug-in Description

Description:
    Plug in for Applied Digital Ocelot/Leopard.
    This plug-in provides an RS232 interface from the Ocelot to Homeseer 3.0.0.208 or higher.

Features:
    • Individual creation and deletion of IO, Variable, IR(Ocelot/Leopard and Secu16IR), Timers, Bobcats, and X10 devices.
    • Variables can be set from the Device Management page, event actions, and scripting.
    • Timers can be started and stopped from the Device Management page, event actions, stopped via scripting, and started from any point via scripting.
    • IR locations can be sent from the Device Management page, HomeSeer events, and can be learned from the device's Device Config page.
    • X10 received signals have event triggers for All ON, All OFF, Unit ON, and Unit OFF commands.
    • IO, Timers, Bobcats and Variables can trigger HomeSeer events with device value triggers.
    • Event triggers For IR Match
    • Scripting for set IO, set variable, set/stop timers, send IR, and send X10.
    • X10 can be set/sent from scripting without devices created.
    • Works with Windows and Linux.

Limitations:
    • Supports any combination of up to (18 max) Secu16, Secu16i, Secu16IR, Bobcat, and Rly08-XA units.
    • X10 support for lamp modules, extended lamp modules, appliance modules, and motion sensors at this time.
    • Plugin recognizes Ocelot/Leopard slaves but does not read/set variables or send IR at this time

Online Help

The latest CMAX is here.
    The latest IRMAX is here.

Ocelots and ADICON units can be purchased at Automation Tec
    Last edited by bbowser; April 21, 2016, 03:13 PM.
Working...
X