X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
    after moving from a PI2 to a Pi3B+, i'm having the same error message. how to get this resolved ?
    Support for RPi3B+ has been added in version 3.0.0.13 of the plugin, so you need to install this version, I have updated the link of the remote install guide in the user guide

Leave a comment:

• kriz83
    replied
    after moving from a PI2 to a Pi3B+, i'm having the same error message. how to get this resolved ?

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by Pseudomizer View Post
    Still the same error message :-(

You only provided 3.0.0.10 for the HS3 server side. There is no client side software update unless I missed something.
    yes there is, the new remote package is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o5p95efxsj...l_3-0-0-10.zip

the actual change is in one of the dll in this package (not the exe) so make sure to update all the dll.

if it is still not working, please set the log level to Debug and post the debug logs you get when you start your remote instance.

Leave a comment:

• Pseudomizer
    replied
    Not fixed

Still the same error message :-(

You only provided 3.0.0.10 for the HS3 server side. There is no client side software update unless I missed something.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by Pseudomizer View Post
    Tried Mono 3.28 and Mono 4.02 on my Raspberry PI Zero W running Jessie to connect to my HS3 PRO Windows machine.

In both scenarios I get the same error message "System is not a Raspberry PI". I am not running the Plugin on my Windows machine but it is installed as recommended with a trial license.

Here is the CPU output:

Code:
    pi@raspberrypi:~/RaspberryIO $ more /proc/cpuinfo
    processor	: 0
    model name	: ARMv6-compatible processor rev 7 (v6l)
    BogoMIPS	: 697.95
    Features	: half thumb fastmult vfp edsp java tls 
    CPU implementer	: 0x41
    CPU architecture: 7
    CPU variant	: 0x0
    CPU part	: 0xb76
    CPU revision	: 7

Hardware	: BCM2835
    Revision	: 9000c1
    Serial		: 00000000437aff81
    Thanks for looking into this as I have spent 3 hours now trying to get this to work with no success and having to deal with those Mono install issues and the right order of those install steps.
    I have just fixed a problem for more recent versions of RPI Zero W in version
    3.0.0.10. Please test it and let me know.

Leave a comment:

• Pseudomizer
    replied
    Same Error message

Tried Mono 3.28 and Mono 4.02 on my Raspberry PI Zero W running Jessie to connect to my HS3 PRO Windows machine.

In both scenarios I get the same error message "System is not a Raspberry PI". I am not running the Plugin on my Windows machine but it is installed as recommended with a trial license.

Here is the CPU output:

Code:
    pi@raspberrypi:~/RaspberryIO $ more /proc/cpuinfo
    processor	: 0
    model name	: ARMv6-compatible processor rev 7 (v6l)
    BogoMIPS	: 697.95
    Features	: half thumb fastmult vfp edsp java tls 
    CPU implementer	: 0x41
    CPU architecture: 7
    CPU variant	: 0x0
    CPU part	: 0xb76
    CPU revision	: 7

Hardware	: BCM2835
    Revision	: 9000c1
    Serial		: 00000000437aff81
    Thanks for looking into this as I have spent 3 hours now trying to get this to work with no success and having to deal with those Mono install issues and the right order of those install steps.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by chrisj View Post
    Do I downgrade my RPi to 3.2.8 or update my HS3 to 4.8.1? What are impacts of that as HS3 runs under mono, and dont want to break that?
    if you upgrade mono on HS3, it will break all your events. You will have to reconfigure them all.

However upgrading mono on HS3 to 4.8.1 may be more future proof, as it is compatible with current version of .NET. If you decide to go that route backup your SD card before doing anything.

Leave a comment:

• chrisj
    replied
    mono version

Hi spud,
    Thanks for the clarification on running the plugin on the HS3. I suspected that was the case. I did, however, create a new instance the same name as my remote, and see it connect to that.

Anyway..i will sort that out after i get this mono version issue resolved.

Do I downgrade my RPi to 3.2.8 or update my HS3 to 4.8.1? What are impacts of that as HS3 runs under mono, and dont want to break that?

Regards,
    chrisj

On HS3:
    root@dennhome:~# mono -V
    Mono JIT compiler version 3.2.8 (Debian 3.2.8+dfsg-4ubuntu1)
    Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
    TLS: __thread
    SIGSEGV: altstack
    Notifications: epoll
    Architecture: x86
    Disabled: none
    Misc: softdebug
    LLVM: supported, not enabled.
    GC: sgen
    root@dennhome:~#

On RPi:
    pi@raspi:~ $ mono -V
    Mono JIT compiler version 4.8.1 (Stable 4.8.1.0/22a39d7 Wed Apr 12 12:47:01 UTC 2017)
    Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
    TLS: __thread
    SIGSEGV: normal
    Notifications: epoll
    Architecture: armel,vfp+hard
    Disabled: none
    Misc: softdebug
    LLVM: supported, not enabled.
    GC: sgen
    pi@raspi:~ $

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by chrisj View Post
    I deleted all previous devices, and stopped and started plugin on HS3.
    you shouldn't start the plug-in on HS3, unless your HS3 server is a RPi (Zee) and you want to control its GPIO

regarding the errors you get, what kind of Hometroller do you have? If it's Linux based you need to make sure the remote RPi and your Hometroller run the same major version of Mono.
    Last edited by spud; May 12th, 2017, 07:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• chrisj
    replied
    3.0.0.8 remote with 3.0.0.5 HS3

Seeing this using 3.0.0.8 remote and 3.0.0.5 on HS3 server (running Hometroller). I deleted all previous devices, and stopped and started plugin on HS3.
    I then did:
    1. Restarted 3.0.0.8 remote, and it created device, but came up that error after a bit
    2. Went into Config - raspi and set GPIO 7 to Out, and it created the device, but came up the second error
    3. I then tried to change the voltage of 7 both on GPIO commands, and via the HS3 console, it seemed to have no affect, althought it worked fine usint RPi gpio command line.

Regards,
    Chris

root@raspi:/opt/RaspberryIO# ./run.sh
    Plugin: RaspberryIO Instance: raspi1 starting...
    Connecting to server at 192.168.199.110...
    Connection attempt #1
    Connected (HomeSeer API 3). Waiting to be initialized...
    May-09 23:36:35 INFO RaspberryIO version 3.0.0.8
    May-09 23:36:40 INFO Raspberry Pi running on Bcm2835 processor
    May-09 23:36:40 INFO Firmware rev10494082, board model B3 (Raspberry Pi 3 Model B)
    May-09 23:36:40 INFO Serial number: 00000000a6e7f141
    May-09 23:37:43 ERROR while creating device Raspberry Pi 3 Model B: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    May-09 23:37:43 DEBUG Stack: at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object:__icall_wrapper_mono_remoting_wrapper (intptr,intptr)
    at (wrapper remoting-invoke) HomeSeerAPI.IHSApplicationeviceProperty_PlugData (int,HomeSeerAPI.Enums/eDeviceProperty,HomeSeerAPI.PlugExtraData/clsPlugExtraData)
    at Scheduler.Classes.DeviceClass.set_PlugExtraData_Set (HomeSeerAPI.IHSApplication hs, HomeSeerAPI.PlugExtraData+clsPlugExtraData value) [0x00013] in <0387f935cbb2430490cd0b7ee8040363>:0
    at HSPI_RaspberryIO.RaspberryPiApp.SetDeviceID (Scheduler.Classes.DeviceClass dev, System.String id) [0x00023] in <09d24f6410a74bd8b6bd524374feccec>:0
    at HSPI_RaspberryIO.RaspberryPiApp.CreateDevice (System.String deviceName, System.String deviceID, System.Boolean showValues, System.Boolean root) [0x00039] in <09d24f6410a74bd8b6bd524374feccec>:0
    May-09 23:39:11 DEBUG Setting direction to Output for Pin07
    May-09 23:40:11 ERROR while creating device GPIO 7: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    May-09 23:40:11 DEBUG Stack: at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object:__icall_wrapper_mono_remoting_wrapper (intptr,intptr)
    at (wrapper remoting-invoke) HomeSeerAPI.IHSApplicationeviceProperty_PlugData (int,HomeSeerAPI.Enums/eDeviceProperty,HomeSeerAPI.PlugExtraData/clsPlugExtraData)
    at Scheduler.Classes.DeviceClass.set_PlugExtraData_Set (HomeSeerAPI.IHSApplication hs, HomeSeerAPI.PlugExtraData+clsPlugExtraData value) [0x00013] in <0387f935cbb2430490cd0b7ee8040363>:0
    at HSPI_RaspberryIO.RaspberryPiApp.SetDeviceID (Scheduler.Classes.DeviceClass dev, System.String id) [0x00023] in <09d24f6410a74bd8b6bd524374feccec>:0
    at HSPI_RaspberryIO.RaspberryPiApp.CreateDevice (System.String deviceName, System.String deviceID, System.Boolean showValues, System.Boolean root) [0x00039] in <09d24f6410a74bd8b6bd524374feccec>:0
    May-09 23:40:11 DEBUG Pin07 value changed to Off
    May-09 23:41:46 DEBUG Setting Pin00 to On
    May-09 23:41:46 ERROR SetControlValue: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    May-09 23:41:46 DEBUG Stack: at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].get_Item (TKey key) [0x00021] in <dbb16e0bacdc4a0f87478e401bc29b6c>:0
    at Raspberry.IO.GeneralPurpose.GpioConnection.set_Item (Raspberry.IO.GeneralPurpose.ProcessorPin pin, System.Boolean value) [0x00000] in <91b00bdf999a468ca15c12231997ed00>:0
    at HSPI_RaspberryIO.RaspberryPiApp.SetControlValue (System.Int32 dvref, System.Double value) [0x000ec] in <09d24f6410a74bd8b6bd524374feccec>:0

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    well, there is something strange on your screenshot, the 2 devices for the pins are supposed to be children of the root device.
    So delete the 3 devices manually, then stop and restart your remote instance, they should be recreated correctly.

Leave a comment:

• TinkerThor
    replied
    RaspberryIO update

Ok, I left my RaspberryIO plug-in disabled.
    Now I actually have available the two pins I have configured so far.

There is still no status on the first line, but maybe that device should be deleted?

Looks promising!
    I will test further
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    you don't need and you shouldn't enable the RaspberryIO plug-in on your HS3 windows installation.
    You just need to install it so that the remote plug-in instance does not complain about licence stuff. So you can keep whatever version you have installed, it doesn't matter.

Under device management, the port I set up above is visible, but the name is unknown and there is no controls available to turn the pin on/of. The status is "no status".
    not sure what you mean?
    you should have one root device for your RPi and one child device for each you have configured as an Input or Output.
    In the device management screen make sure the Room and Floor filters includes the correct values.

Leave a comment:

• TinkerThor
    replied
    RaspberryIO update failed on HS3

Ah, the update to 3.0.0.8 failed on my HS3 installation.
    Removed it, went back to 3.0.0.5 - rebooted.
    But not able to upgrade directly to 3.0.0.8.

Anyone else had a try?

Leave a comment:

• TinkerThor
    replied
    One more thing..

In HS3, when disableing RaspberryIO, THEN the RaspberryIO session with my HomeseerPi01 session appears under Remote Plugins.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X