Remote shutdown RasPi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote shutdown RasPi

It's very important to shutdown RasPi properly before disconnecting power - to avoid corruption of SD card. Would be nice to add ability to shutdown RasPi from HomeSeer.

But that is already possible ?

Comment

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
      But that is already possible ?
      Is it?

Comment

I don't think that's already possible with the RaspberryIO plugin, but I will add the possibility to reboot or shutdown a RPi from HS as event actions.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
          I don't think that's already possible with the RaspberryIO plugin, but I will add the possibility to reboot or shutdown a RPi from HS as event actions.
          Cool, thank you!

Comment

I added shutdown and reboot event actions in version 3.0.0.13, that you can install from the Beta section of the updater, or there is a remote install package available here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oaivpev2nn...l_3-0-0-13.zip

Click image for larger version

Name:	actions.png
Views:	160
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	1252272

Comment

Do we need to update the RaspberryIO Instance? Or updating Plugin on HS is enough?

Comment

Originally posted by adanchenko View Post
                Do we need to update the RaspberryIO Instance? Or updating Plugin on HS is enough?
                you need to update all your instances

Comment

I added shutdown and reboot event actions in version 3.0.0.13, that you can install from the Beta section of the updater, or there is a remote install package available here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oaivpev2nn...l_3-0-0-13.zip
                  I installed Beta 13, but when I execute the Shutdown event action - I get an error in log: Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	178
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	1252400

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

I installed Beta 13, but when I execute the Shutdown event action - I get an error in log: Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	178
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	1252400
                    You need to make sure to use action corresponding to the instance running on your RPi, i.e the one called "RapberryIO Action - <InstanceNAme> ", see screenshot in my above post.

If that's not the problem:
                    What OS are you running on your RPi?

the Shutdown action actually run the following command:

Code:
                    /usr/bin/sudo /sbin/shutdown -h now 'shutdown from HomeSeer'
                    do you have a sudo in /usr/bin and shutdown in /sbin?

Comment

You need to make sure to use action corresponding to the instance running on your RPi, i.e the one called "RapberryIO Action - <InstanceNAme> ", see screenshot in my above post.
                      Thank you spud - selecting the instance fixed the problem. I have only one instance - so not sure why there's two in the selection?

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
                        Thank you spud - selecting the instance fixed the problem. I have only one instance - so not sure why there's two in the selection?
                        because you probably enabled the local instance which runs on your HS3 machine. You don't need to do that unless your HS3 machine is also a RPI.

Comment

Is it also possible to add remote start? WOL or something else? Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by adanchenko View Post
                            Is it also possible to add remote start? WOL or something else? Thank you!
                            No it's not possible because when the RPi is not running, the plugin does not run either.

Comment

I would pay to update the plugin to have it set a virtual device (on the server HS) to the CPU temp of the remote Pi.

Comment

Working...
                              X