Setup Remote Pi 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setup Remote Pi 3

Ok I have my relay board in and was going to being the setup of my remote Raspberry Pi 3.
    • Should I install Raspbian Stretch Lite since this will not use used locally (no desktop needed)
    • As far as Mono goes, it looks like people are talking about problems with the current 5.16 version of Mono... What version of Mono, should I use?

Any other advice on the setup of my Pi 3?
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Jean-Marie G. Vaneskahian
    jean@vaneskahian.com

any version of mono >= 4 should work.
    problems with mono 5.16 are specific to ASPX pages, which this plugin doesn't use.

Comment

I have it working! Thanks so much! Mono took a very long time to install for some reason.

I did notice that when you go into the "PLUGINS --> Manage" screen I do not get the same of the Plug-In, just the name of the Instance in the "Remote Plug-Ins" section. Does not seem to matter, I was just curious as to why?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-12-12_20-55-58.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	1266265
      jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Originally posted by jeanv View Post

I did notice that when you go into the "PLUGINS --> Manage" screen I do not get the same of the Plug-In, just the name of the Instance in the "Remote Plug-Ins" section. Does not seem to matter, I was just curious as to why?
        It's a known HS3 bug, I reported it to Rich.

Comment

Thanks! So far all is working well! Thanks again!
          jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Spud, I came across a major problem that I am not sure how to resolve. When the Plug-In initializes on the Raspberry Pi it is energizing all the relays. Regardless of the state of the relays before, if I power cycle the Raspberry Pi, every relay comes back on energized AFTER the plug-in initializes AND then communicates back to HomeSeer. If the Raspberry Pi is not allowed to talk to HomeSeer (by removing the network cable on power cycle) then the relays do not energize when the plug-in initializes. Once network connectivity is restored then again all the relays energize even though they were set to off in HomeSeer.

Here are the logs with debug and a video. Also, it does not matter if I reverse the setting in the plugin or not.

Is this normal behavior to energize all the relays after the RaspberryIO Plugin comes up at communicates with HomeSeer?

Here is the Dubug Log... Read from latest on top to earliest on bottom.

Code:
            Dec-14 12:07:20 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Setting name to Front Yard Landscape Lighting for Pin21
            Dec-14 12:07:20 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Setting pulse duration to 1000ms for Pin21
            Dec-14 12:07:20 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Pin21 value changed to On
            Dec-14 12:07:20 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Setting Reversed flag to True for Pin21
            Dec-14 12:07:20 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Setting direction to Output for Pin21
            Dec-14 12:07:20 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Setting name to Water Valve Relay 2 for Pin20
            Dec-14 12:07:20 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Setting pulse duration to 1000ms for Pin20
            Dec-14 12:07:20 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Pin20 value changed to On
            Dec-14 12:07:20 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Setting Reversed flag to True for Pin20
            Dec-14 12:07:20 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Setting direction to Output for Pin20
            Dec-14 12:07:20 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Setting name to Water Valve Relay 1 for Pin26
            Dec-14 12:07:20 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Setting pulse duration to 1000ms for Pin26
            Dec-14 12:07:20 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Pin26 value changed to On
            Dec-14 12:07:20 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Setting Reversed flag to True for Pin26
            Dec-14 12:07:20 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Setting direction to Output for Pin26
            Dec-14 12:07:15 PM         RaspberryIO    INFO Serial number: 00000000e84b104e
            Dec-14 12:07:15 PM         RaspberryIO    INFO Firmware rev10625154, board model B3 (Raspberry Pi 3 Model B)
            Dec-14 12:07:15 PM         RaspberryIO    INFO Raspberry Pi running on Bcm2709 processor
            Dec-14 12:07:10 PM         Info    Plugin RaspberryIO with instance: FrontYard has disconnected
            Dec-14 12:07:10 PM         Starting Plug-In    Plugin RaspberryIO started successfully in 425 milliseconds
            Dec-14 12:07:10 PM         Warning    Attempt by plugin to register a duplicate link of raspberryioconfig. Plugin: RaspberryIO Instance: FrontYard
            Dec-14 12:07:09 PM         RaspberryIO    INFO RaspberryIO version 3.0.0.14
            Dec-14 12:07:09 PM         Starting Plug-In    Initializing plugin RaspberryIO ...
            Dec-14 12:07:09 PM         Info    Plugin RaspberryIO with instance FrontYard has connected. IP:192.168.1.6:48490

------ Here I Turned The Power Off and Back On The Raspberry Pi -----

Dec-14 12:06:28 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Pin21 value changed to Off
            Dec-14 12:06:28 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Pin21 value changed to Off
            Dec-14 12:06:28 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Setting Pin21 to Off
            Dec-14 12:06:28 PM         Device Control    Device: RaspberryIO FrontYard Front Yard Landscape Lighting to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
            Dec-14 12:06:27 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Pin20 value changed to Off
            Dec-14 12:06:27 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Pin20 value changed to Off
            Dec-14 12:06:27 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Setting Pin20 to Off
            Dec-14 12:06:27 PM         Device Control    Device: RaspberryIO FrontYard Water Valve Relay 2 to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
            Dec-14 12:06:24 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Pin26 value changed to Off
            Dec-14 12:06:24 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Pin26 value changed to Off
            Dec-14 12:06:24 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Setting Pin26 to Off
            Dec-14 12:06:24 PM         Device Control    Device: RaspberryIO FrontYard Water Valve Relay 1 to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
            jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Please try version 3.0.0.15 available in the Beta section of the updater. This version has an "Init Value" parameter for output pin. Setting it to "From Device" or "Off" should fix your issue.

Comment

Spud, no change at all.. Am I supposed to configure something with 3.0.0.15? I updated it on the Windows HomeSeer system, is there an update for the version running on the Pi? I then rebooted both the HomeSeer system and the Pi. I once again turned off all the Relays and rebooted the Pi, and after the Pi came back up, communicated with HomeSeer, it then turned all the Relays back on!

Code:
                Dec-14 3:07:13 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Setting name to Water Valve Relay 2 for Pin20
                Dec-14 3:07:13 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Setting pulse duration to 1000ms for Pin20
                Dec-14 3:07:13 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Pin20 value changed to On
                Dec-14 3:07:13 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Setting Reversed flag to True for Pin20
                Dec-14 3:07:13 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Setting direction to Output for Pin20
                Dec-14 3:07:13 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Setting name to Front Yard Landscape Lighting for Pin21
                Dec-14 3:07:13 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Setting pulse duration to 1000ms for Pin21
                Dec-14 3:07:13 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Pin21 value changed to On
                Dec-14 3:07:13 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Setting Reversed flag to True for Pin21
                Dec-14 3:07:13 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Setting direction to Output for Pin21
                Dec-14 3:07:13 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Setting name to Water Valve Relay 1 for Pin26
                Dec-14 3:07:13 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Setting pulse duration to 1000ms for Pin26
                Dec-14 3:07:13 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Pin26 value changed to On
                Dec-14 3:07:13 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Setting Reversed flag to True for Pin26
                Dec-14 3:07:13 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Setting direction to Output for Pin26
                Dec-14 3:07:07 PM         RaspberryIO    INFO Serial number: 00000000e84b104e
                Dec-14 3:07:07 PM         RaspberryIO    INFO Firmware rev10625154, board model B3 (Raspberry Pi 3 Model B)
                Dec-14 3:07:07 PM         RaspberryIO    INFO Raspberry Pi running on Bcm2709 processor
                Dec-14 3:07:02 PM         Starting Plug-In    Plugin RaspberryIO started successfully in 430 milliseconds
                Dec-14 3:07:01 PM         RaspberryIO    INFO RaspberryIO version 3.0.0.14
                Dec-14 3:07:01 PM         Starting Plug-In    Initializing plugin RaspberryIO ...
                Dec-14 3:07:01 PM         Info    Plugin RaspberryIO with instance FrontYard has connected. IP:192.168.1.6:37918
                Dec-14 3:06:59 PM         Info    Plugin RaspberryIO with instance: FrontYard has disconnected
                Dec-14 3:06:59 PM         Warning    Cannot access remote plugin RaspberryIO

----- Again Rebooted Pi -----

Dec-14 3:06:12 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Pin20 value changed to Off
                Dec-14 3:06:12 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Pin20 value changed to Off
                Dec-14 3:06:12 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Setting Pin20 to Off
                Dec-14 3:06:12 PM         Device Control    Device: RaspberryIO FrontYard Water Valve Relay 2 to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                Dec-14 3:06:11 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Pin21 value changed to Off
                Dec-14 3:06:11 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Pin21 value changed to Off
                Dec-14 3:06:11 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Setting Pin21 to Off
                Dec-14 3:06:11 PM         Device Control    Device: RaspberryIO FrontYard Front Yard Landscape Lighting to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                Dec-14 3:06:10 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Pin26 value changed to Off
                Dec-14 3:06:10 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Pin26 value changed to Off
                Dec-14 3:06:10 PM         RaspberryIO    DEBUG Setting Pin26 to Off
                Dec-14 3:06:10 PM         Device Control    Device: RaspberryIO FrontYard Water Valve Relay 1 to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-12-14_15-13-04.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	1266673
                jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Jeanv, Since I have this connected to my garage doors, I'm going to try this myself. I'd hate for the garage doors to open if the power goes out then comes back on, especially if I'm away from home. Yikes!

Comment

Originally posted by jeanv View Post
                    Spud, no change at all.. Am I supposed to configure something with 3.0.0.15? I updated it on the Windows HomeSeer system, is there an update for the version running on the Pi?
                    yes you need to install .15 on the RPi. There is a link in the user guide for the new remote zip.
                    then go to the config page, you will see a new column called "Init Value". Set that to "From Device" pr "Off"

Comment

Spud, that did it!!! I am using the "From Device" setting and it works exactly as I would expect. If HomeSeer has the Relay OFF, then the Relay STAYS off after a reboot of the Pi. If HomeSeer has the Relay ON, then the Relay energizes once the plugin connects to HomeSeer.

This is what I needed to see!

dzee, yes, I would be very concerned if power fails and comes back on to the Pi that with the previous version it would energize the relay and open the garage door. The new version seems to address it.
                      jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

When I got home from work yesterday, I unplugged the remote Raspberry Pi running RaspberryIO, gave it a minute, then plugged it back in letting it run for two minutes and the relays did not activate.

I'm still running RaspberryIO v 3.0.0.12. The relay energizing on boot does not appear to be a problem on my system. My Plugin Manager screen shows 3.0.0.14 as the latest version, and I see 3.0.0.15 is in beta according to Spud's comment above. Seems I'll just leave everything alone, and maybe update directly to 3.0.0.15 once it comes out of beta.

Comment

Very strange. I can tell you that the code update did fix the issue for me. Did you kill the power to the Pi and then power it up again? You can see the behavior mine had in the video. I noticed if you did not give the Pi the ability to connect back to HomeSeer it would not energize the relays. Spud got it working with the options to be able to tell the relays how to behave when the plug-in connects. Now if I could just get the inputs working as reliably I would be all set.
                          jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

It was working before 3.0.0.14, because in version 3.0.0.14 I changed the behavior so that it's possible for another program on the RPi to change a GPIO output without the plugin to revert the change when it is initialized.

Comment

Working...
                            X