GPIO ports stay on after system reboot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPIO ports stay on after system reboot

Since updating to 3.0.0.14 when ever I have a power failure or just reboot the Pi all of the GPIO ports that are feeding a 4 position relay board come active and stay active. If I run the program that normally uses these ports then it resets the ports back to normal. I use ports 18, 23, 24 and 25 to drive the relay board. This never happened on the previous RaspberryIO release. I have had to remove the function the relays perform under the existing issue. There is nothing in the log relating to the GPIO ports until I run the above mentioned program........Suggestion?

Please try version 3.0.0.15 available in the Beta section of the updater. This version has an "Init Value" parameter for output pins. Setting it to "From Device" or "Off" should fix your issue.

Comment

3.0.0.15 did not resolve the problem. The GPIO pins go active during the boot sequence and stay active until a program uses the ports.

Comment

Originally posted by retiredtech View Post
        3.0.0.15 did not resolve the problem. The GPIO pins go active during the boot sequence and stay active until a program uses the ports.
        after installing 3.0.0.15 have you changed the "Init Value" parameter for your GPIO? this is a new column in the config page that you need to change to "From device" to get the same behavior than in previous version.

Comment

Yes, that resolved the problem. Was just not paying attention to your previous post! Thanks for the resolution.....

Comment

Working...
          X