Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this work on the Raspberry Pi 4 (with Buster)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this work on the Raspberry Pi 4 (with Buster)

Has this been tested on the Buster release that supports the Raspberry Pi 4?

thank you,
    mike

The Raspberry Pi 4 was just released a few days ago. Seems unlikely that anyone has one to test with so soon.

Comment

Originally posted by fresnoboy View Post
      Has this been tested on the Buster release that supports the Raspberry Pi 4?
      I was lucky enough to reserve a Raspberry Pi 4 4GB at my local Micro Center on Thursday. Picked it up Friday and immediately took the leap and upgraded, got it working last night and this morning. I was coming from an RPi3 B+ on Stretch.

I can report no issues specifically with Buster. Everything seems to be just the same as Stretch. Granted I'm not doing a lot, just went with the simple UI version (not Lite) as I wanted the option to use the UI later. I think installed the latest Mono, Webmin, copied over my old HS3 and used zwolfpack's "update-hs3" and other scripts and it pretty much worked. Granted I had similar challenges I've always had being far from a Linux expert, but there was nothing I can attribute to the new RPi4 or Buster. My X15 is not working, but I've had issues with mochad drivers before so I don't think it's Buster. I think I'm to the point where I can retire that one anyway.

Webmin on my RPi3 was always 80+% memory usage with virtual memory very high as well. The new 4GB RPi4 has me currently at 16% RAM usage. Probably could have easily gone with the 2GB, but for just $10 more it gives me more flexibility.

If anyone wants me to check anything, let me know.

Ben

Comment

I get "ERROR System is not a Raspberry Pi" when I run the plugin on my newly acquired Raspberry Pi 4 GB. Remote instances running on older Pis connect to HS3 running on the Pi 4 just fine.

Code:
        [FONT=courier new]cat /proc/cpuinfo
        processor    : 0
        model name    : ARMv7 Processor rev 3 (v7l)
        BogoMIPS    : 108.00
        Features    : half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls vfpv4 idiva idivt vfpd32 lpae evtstrm crc32
        CPU implementer    : 0x41
        CPU architecture: 7
        CPU variant    : 0x0
        CPU part    : 0xd08
        CPU revision    : 3

processor    : 1
        Features    : half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls vfpv4 idiva idivt vfpd32 lpae evtstrm crc32

processor    : 2

processor    : 3

Hardware    : BCM2835
        Revision    : b03111
        Serial        : 10000000a58e1fe8[/FONT]

Comment

I have just added support for Raspberry Pi 4 in version 3.0.0.16
          It's available from the Beta section of the updater, or the remote install archive can be downloaded from: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x7ma2bshqa...-0-16.zip?dl=0

I don't have a RPi 4 to test with, so let me know how it goes. Thanks!

Comment

Thanks, that works perfectly!

Comment

Setup a Pi mono with Raspian/Debian 10.2 and this is what I needed to do to install Mono and it worked fine with .17 version of plugin! :-D sudo apt-get install mono-devel sudo apt-get install mono-complete sudo apt-get install mono-vbnc

Comment

Working...
              X