X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very strange start-up issue

And it looks like there's a very strange issue with RaspberryIO plugin:

When HS starts I get the errors:

7/01/2020 19:48:00 ~!~Error~!~Cannot load plugin RaspberryIO, no license or trial expired
    7/01/2020 19:48:32 ~!~Error~!~Cannot load plugin RaspberryIO, no license or trial expired
    7/01/2020 19:49:04 ~!~Error~!~Cannot load plugin RaspberryIO, no license or trial expired

As you can see it's trying to load RaspberryIO three times for 30 sec each - which causes long start-up time

Now, what's strange -

1. from the logs it looks like it connects to Raspberry 3 times:

Jan-07 20:10:25 Starting Plug-In Plugin RaspberryIO started successfully in 27 milliseconds
    Jan-07 20:10:25 RaspberryIO INFO RaspberryIO version 3.0.0.15
    Jan-07 20:10:25 Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin RaspberryIO
    Jan-07 20:10:25 Info Plugin RaspberryIO with instance RasPi has connected. IP:192.168.1.189:49462
    Jan-07 20:09:53 Info Plugin RaspberryIO with instance RasPi has connected. IP:192.168.1.189:49454
    Jan-07 20:09:53 Error Cannot load plugin RaspberryIO, no license or trial expired
    Jan-07 20:09:21 Info Plugin RaspberryIO with instance RasPi has connected. IP:192.168.1.189:49450
    Jan-07 20:09:21 Error Cannot load plugin RaspberryIO, no license or trial expired

2. I do have the license for the plugin
    3. Doesn't matter if I enable or disable the plugin in HS! Even more strange - it happens even if I disable the plugin and delete the exe!

spud any ideas?

Is the Raspi your HS3 system, or do you have a separate HS3 system? Windows or Linux?

I have a Windows HS3 system, and the plugin shouldn't be enabled on the HS3 system if you're running a remote RaspPi. Also, my logs always show no license, but when you look at the Plug-In screen, RaspberryIO will show "Licensed (License ID xxxxxx)" next to it. This is normal, I am told.

Comment

Originally posted by dzee View Post
      Is the Raspi your HS3 system, or do you have a separate HS3 system? Windows or Linux?

I have a Windows HS3 system, and the plugin shouldn't be enabled on the HS3 system if you're running a remote RaspPi. Also, my logs always show no license, but when you look at the Plug-In screen, RaspberryIO will show "Licensed (License ID xxxxxx)" next to it. This is normal, I am told.
      HS is on Windows, RasPi is for RaspberryIO and RaZberry (Z-Wave). The error appears no matter if plugin is enabled, disabled or even uninstalled.

Comment

You must have the plugin installed on your HS system (but you don't need to enable it), otherwise HS can't read the information it needs for licensing.
        If you still have this error when the plugin is installed on your HS system, then try to register the plugin again.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
          You must have the plugin installed on your HS system (but you don't need to enable it), otherwise HS can't read the information it needs for licensing.
          If you still have this error when the plugin is installed on your HS system, then try to register the plugin again.
          Thank you. I do have the plugin on the HS system (disabled) and HS support already reset the license.
          But I can try again - not sure how to "register the plugin again"?

Comment

Working...
          X