Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wmcmath
    replied
    I found the issue, I have to use CAPI controls to actually turn on and off the devices from a script. I changed the script to use CAPI controls to control the Raspberry devices and it now works great. I finally have my sprinkler controller working great.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    you can't control a HS device using setdevicevaluebyname, you have to use CAPI. There is hundreds of threads in the forum about that, here is one: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...07#post1293307

Leave a comment:

• wmcmath
    started a topic Cannot control RaspberryPi devices with a script

Cannot control RaspberryPi devices with a script

I installed the RaspberryPi Plugin and when I go to the HS3 Menu tab, I can control physical relays connected to a Rasbberrypi Device by Clicking on the On and Off buttons for one of the devices.
    I also setup a event that, when manually executed, toggles one of the Raspberry devices whose output is connected to a relay's coil input and this also works great with the relay turning on or off.

The issue is, that when I try to toggle the device using a script, the relay does not change(if its Off, it stays Off and if On, stays On)

The test script is listed below:

Public Sub Main(parms As String())
    if hs.devicevaluebyname("RaspberryIO Zone1ControlRelay") = 1 then
    hs.setdevicevaluebyname("RaspberryIO Zone1ControlRelay",0)
    else
    hs.setdevicevaluebyname("RaspberryIO Zone1ControlRelay",1)
    endif
    End Sub

Working...
X