ERROR System is not a Raspberry Pi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlymIfYouGotm View Post
    Before I waste anymore time, has anyone gotten RaspberryIO to work on a RPi-4 running HS4 Standard Edition software? I was hoping to use this program to eliminate some old X-10 hardware but all I get is the, "System is not a Raspberry Pi" Error. I am running the latest version of this plugin and the latest greatest Raspbian Linux 10 with all of the current patches. I would like to use the I/O points on the RPi-4 that is running the HS4 Standard Edition software. The RPi-4 I am running is an 8Gb model at Rev 1.4.
    Looks like I need to add support for Rev 1.4. Plugin only supports Rpi-4 Rev 1.1 and 1.2

could you run the following command on your RPi and post the output in this thread:

Code:
    more /proc/cpuinfo

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

Looks like I need to add support for Rev 1.4. Plugin only supports Rpi-4 Rev 1.1 and 1.2

could you run the following command on your RPi and post the output in this thread:

Code:
      more /proc/cpuinfo
      Here it is.

Processor : 0
      model name : ARMv7 Processor rev 3 (v7l)
      BogoMIPS : 126.00
      Features : half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls vfpv4 idiva idivt
      vfpd32 lpae evtstrm crc32
      CPU implementer : 0x41
      CPU architecture: 7
      CPU variant : 0x0
      CPU part : 0xd08
      CPU revision : 3

processor : 1

processor : 2
      --More--(0%)

Comment

Here it is.

Processor : 0

--More--(0%)
        thanks but the output is truncated, if you are running the command from the linux tools menu try

cat /proc/cpuinfo

Comment

thanks but the output is truncated, if you are running the command from the linux tools menu try

cat /proc/cpuinfo
          Is this what you need?

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ cat /proc/cpuinfo
          processor : 0
          BogoMIPS : 270.00
          Features : half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls vfpv4 idiva idivt vfpd32 lpae evtstrm crc32

Features : half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls vfpv4 idiva idivt vfpd32 lpae evtstrm crc32

processor : 3

Hardware : BCM2711
          Revision : d03114
          Serial : 10000000638a64fe
          Model : Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.4

Comment

Is this what you need?
            yes thanks

Comment

yes thanks
              Let me know if you need anything else.

Comment

I have just released version 3.0.0.19 (in the Beta section) with support for RPi 4 Rev 1.4
                Please test and let me know. Thanks

Comment

I have just released version 3.0.0.19 (in the Beta section) with support for RPi 4 Rev 1.4
                  I have only tested the first couple of I/O points but it looks like it works! Now I can register and start making an opto-isolated I/O board to connect to the RPi. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz3aYX8W0K8

Comment

Well, after some additional testing I may have discovered a bug. There seems to be a problem changing the, "On" "Status" "Value" of a GPIO Input to anything but, "1" or "0". If you change the, "On" "Value" to "100" or any other numerical value other than "1", the "On" status graphic is trashed (yes, I changed the "Value" on the, "Graphic" line as well) and the actual reported "Value" remains either "0" or "1". For 4 GPIO Input points I am trying to make the "Off" "Value" "0" and the "On" value a power of 2: 1, 2, 4, 8 for 4 different input points. I am using the Beta version you released,3.0.0.19 so I don't know if I need to open a ticket. I have tried this on other non RPi I/O points without a problem so it looks like it could be something within the plugin. Thanks

Comment

More test and looks like I've possibly found another problem. It appears the "Pullup", "Pulldown", "None" resistor option doesn't do anything. I have tried all three options on several input points and they remain in the high or low factory default condition. I have even tried power a off reboot of the system after changing the input resistor option and there was no change from the default. Thanks.

Comment

Well, after some additional testing I may have discovered a bug. There seems to be a problem changing the, "On" "Status" "Value" of a GPIO Input to anything but, "1" or "0". If you change the, "On" "Value" to "100" or any other numerical value other than "1", the "On" status graphic is trashed (yes, I changed the "Value" on the, "Graphic" line as well) and the actual reported "Value" remains either "0" or "1". For 4 GPIO Input points I am trying to make the "Off" "Value" "0" and the "On" value a power of 2: 1, 2, 4, 8 for 4 different input points. I am using the Beta version you released,3.0.0.19 so I don't know if I need to open a ticket. I have tried this on other non RPi I/O points without a problem so it looks like it could be something within the plugin. Thanks
                        Not sure I'm following what you are trying to do.
                        The plugin only supports digital input, so if a pin is configured as an input it can be either low or high. The plugin detects any change of the pin state and set the associated HS device value to 0 or 1. You can't change the device values (but you can change the status text On/Off and icons to anything you want)

Comment

Not sure I'm following what you are trying to do.
                          The plugin only supports digital input, so if a pin is configured as an input it can be either low or high. The plugin detects any change of the pin state and set the associated HS device value to 0 or 1. You can't change the device values (but you can change the status text On/Off and icons to anything you want)
                          That is true that a digital point can only be high or low but if you check all other digital input points and even virtual digital points, they have a high and low value that can be assigned to them. Usually that default value is "0" for "Off" and "1", "100" or even "255" for "On". On other Binary points you can change those high and low values without a problem so long as the "Start" and "End" values match for both the "Status/Control" and "Status/Graphics" parts of the point. I have tried this with X10, virtual and Z-Wave points. With those points it doesn't seem to matter what numerical "Value" you assign to the "Start" and "End" values you assign to the "Status" as long as you use the same values for the graphic. As is, I can make the point "Status" show up in the "Status" column as "0" for "Off" and either "1", "2", "4" or "8" when I switch the input point "On". The actual point "Value" cannot be changed by changing the "End" "Value" for the RPi input points. As an example, the default "Start" and "End" "Values for an X-10 point are "0" and "100". The "Start" and "End" "Values" for a Z-Wave point are "0" and "255". Basically what I was trying to do is cheat a bit on some repetitive math calculations by eliminating the need to perform 4 multiplication operations before preforming 4 addition operations. If the point "Status" and "Value" were both set to the multiplied value then the only operation needed would be the simple additions of 4 numbers. It's not a big deal and I have written around it but it does seem to be a variance in the way other HS4 status points operate. I probably could have also done this by first reading the status and then converting that string value for the status into an integer for the math but that is even more involved than just 4 multiplication operations on the 0 or 1 point values. Basically what I am doing is the simulation of a 74154, "4 to 16 Line Decoder/Demultiplexer" integrated circuit with just a couple of HS4 Script lines. Did you see the second post on the RPi4 Pullup/Pulldown resistor selection?

Comment

Moving my HS4 setup from HomeTroller to RPI. Just bought raspberry PI 4 from Amazon. Cant get RaspberryIO working, says not a raspberry PI. Based on this thread it appears I have the newer version. Followed instruction from SPUD to determine version, see below.

SPUD, any plan on pulling in Rev 1.5? What do you think the timing will be. Get plugin, keep up the great work.

Revision : c03115
                            Serial : 100000006d15a0d3
                            Model : Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.5

Comment

Originally posted by anctil79@gmail.com View Post
                              Moving my HS4 setup from HomeTroller to RPI. Just bought raspberry PI 4 from Amazon. Cant get RaspberryIO working, says not a raspberry PI. Based on this thread it appears I have the newer version. Followed instruction from SPUD to determine version, see below.

SPUD, any plan on pulling in Rev 1.5? What do you think the timing will be. Get plugin, keep up the great work.

Revision : c03115
                              Serial : 100000006d15a0d3
                              Model : Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.5
                              I will add it this week

Comment

I have added support for Pi 4 Rev 1.5 in version 3.0.0.20 of the plugin.

Comment

Working...
                                X