how to send value of muti analog gas sensors to hs3 via remote raspi plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to send value of muti analog gas sensors to hs3 via remote raspi plugin

I installed Raspberry IO remote plugin on my HS3.
    Raspberry Pi4 has multi I2C gas sensors and I don't know how to send the value of sensors to HS3 and monitor it.
    Is it possible by RaspberryIO plugin? or other type of gas sensors , or anther plugin?

It is not clear to me the configuration you have. It could be a set of gas sensors that have an electrical I2C interface and you have a RPi and want to know how to interface. It could be you already have some application running on the RPi that displays the sensor value on console or something and you want to get into HS.

in general I believe you will have better luck in the long run with loose coupling using standard protocols. MQTT is well suited for this. There are many videos and blogs on doing I2C with RPi. Python and node.js are common solutions. Node red is another popular means to integrate sensors and other widgets.

The RPi is really overkill and overly complex for doing a simple sensor interface. If you google Tasmota you will find again a large number of videos and blogs on using this firmware that is loaded into a microcontroller such as Wemo D1 mini, NodeMCU, or Sonoff.

Comment

I don't think you can do this with the raspberry plugin but you could write an interface on the raspberry pi to send json to homeseer to update a virtual device with the possible values. But that is probably above the skill level of most but if you are dabbling with pis you are probably more inclined to be able to do those types of things.

Comment

Working...
      X