Running plugin remotely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running plugin remotely

I am trying out this plugin but am a little confused about installing it remotely. MY HS3 system is self build on linux. I will need to run the plugin remotely on a Raspberry Pi. I have never run a remote plugin before. Are there any instructions on setting up a Raspberry Pi so I can run this plugin remotely? I am assuming I will need to setup HomeSeer on the Raspberry Pi. Will I need an additional HomeSeer license?

You do not need to install HS3 on the Pi. Setup instructions are on this board.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dzee View Post
      You do not need to install HS3 on the Pi. Setup instructions are on this board.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
      I am confused about the following in the setup instructions which is why I posted my question.

Plugin Installation on a Raspberry Pi which is not your HS3 machine
      If you want to monitor/control GPIO of a Raspberry Pi which is not your HS3 machine, you need to run it as a remote plugin.
      WARNING: if your HS3 server run on Windows you MUST run mono version 4 or above on your Raspberry Pi. Here is a Guide to update Mono to version 4 or above on Raspbian.
      Since I am running HomeSeer on Linux on a computer that is not a Raspberry Pi, I will need a Raspberry Pi to run the RaspberryPi I/O plugin in on remotely. Since I will be running RaspberryPi i/O remotely, I am assuming that I will need HomeSeer on on the remote Raspberry Pi. Or are you saying that I don't need HomeSeer running on the remote Raspberry Pi to run a plugin designed to run on HomeSeer?

To clarify, my specific questions are this:

1. Are there some specific instructions about running a Plugin remotely?
      2. I would like to just load up the Raspberry Pi copy of HomeSeer on the remote Raspberry Pi rather than manually installing HomeSeer. Do I need a second licence for the version of HomeSeer that needs to be run on the Raspberry Pi?

Comment

Originally posted by drhtmal View Post

I am confused about the following in the setup instructions which is why I posted my question.

Since I am running HomeSeer on Linux on a computer that is not a Raspberry Pi, I will need a Raspberry Pi to run the RaspberryPi I/O plugin in on remotely. Since I will be running RaspberryPi i/O remotely, I am assuming that I will need HomeSeer on on the remote Raspberry Pi. Or are you saying that I don't need HomeSeer running on the remote Raspberry Pi to run a plugin designed to run on HomeSeer?

To clarify, my specific questions are this:

1. Are there some specific instructions about running a Plugin remotely?
        2. I would like to just load up the Raspberry Pi copy of HomeSeer on the remote Raspberry Pi rather than manually installing HomeSeer. Do I need a second licence for the version of HomeSeer that needs to be run on the Raspberry Pi?
        You don't need to install homeseer on the remote Raspberry Pi, the plugin will run on the Pi and will connect to HS3 running on your Linux computer.
        Install mono on your RPi, then follow the steps from the user guide to install the plugin.

Comment

Working...
        X