Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transplant Homeseer Plugin to another SD Card

Hi All,
    I use a Raspberry PI 3B+ with Raspian Stretch as a gate controller and use this plugin with Homeseer. Where it is installed, makes it susceptible to lightning strikes and damage. That being said, I am preparing a spare Pi/SD Card that I can quickly exchange in case my installed hardware fails again. While was doing this, I decided I might as well install the latest version of Rasperry PI OS as its called now, which is Buster based. My question; Is there a simple way to transplant the Plugin from my current setup to my new setup? Something like copying a specific folder from one system to another? Or should I just go through the installation procedure for the new SD card?

Thanks.

Marty_B

You can image the SD card to another SD card that is the same size or larger using GParted in Linux or

using Windows you can image the card to an image file then write the image file to another SD card (same size or larger) using Win32 Disk Imager.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Imaging the card will also copy the old version of the os which I do not want to do. Unless I am missing something?

Comment

Marty_B

Then just copy the directory which Homeseer RaspberryIO sits in whatever the directory was. It doesn't much matter the OS it is running on.

or build it from scratch then copy over the directory on your new Buster build.

- Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Perfect. I was hoping it would be that simple but wasn't sure. I'll give that a try. Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
          X