Cannot Get Correct Homeseer Device Level for Raspberry Pi Plugin Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot Get Correct Homeseer Device Level for Raspberry Pi Plugin Devices

I am using the RaspberryIO plugin with a Raspberry Pi 4 to control a sprinkler system that has worked for over a year without issues that now has a problem.

I still can physically turn On or Off all the Homeseer Devices from Homeseer using either the On or Off buttons for a device from the Homeseer Home screen or also from a script for the Devices that are setup as an Output from the Raspberry Pi Plugin. When any device is turned Off, the Raspberry Pi output for its GPIO pin is about 3.29v and when ON, the level is about 0.07 volts. (Note: I have the Plugin "Reverse" option checked so that a logical On is 0v and a logical Off is 3.3v)

The new issue is that the script command hs.DeviceValueByName("RoomName DeviceName) always returns a value of zero regardless of whether a Device is On or Off.
    The same issue exists with the Devices that are set up in the Plugin as Input Devices in the Plugin. The script command hs.DeviceValueByName("RoomName DeviceName) always returns a value of zero regardless of whether a device is On or Off. The GPIO Pin for an Input Device can be 0v
    or 3.3v, but Homeseer always sees the Devices Value as 0. Also, the Homeseer Status icon on the Homeseer Screen always shows the device as Off.

I just installed the RaspberryIO on a new Raspberry Pi 4 and replaced the original Raspberry Pi I was using with the newly configured Raspberry Pi 4 and I still have the same issue with the Raspberry Pi Plugin Devices(both Input and Output) all showing a value of 0 in Homeseer, regardless of whether they or On or Off.

I also wrote a simple Python program to check the status of the GPIO Pins on the Raspberry Pi with the Raspberry Pi Plugin. When a given Homeseer device is turned On in Homeseer, the Python program shows its GPIO with a value of 0 and when turned Off from in Homeseer, the Python program shows its GPIO as a value of 1 which is correct since I have the Plugin "Reversed Option checked. This tells me that there is no issue with the Raspberry Pi hardware. It appears to me to be an issue between Homeseer and the Raspberry Pi Plugin.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Working...
X