This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
    the spud, while working on my own plugin, I found that to display the plugin name in remote section you need to call
    Code:
    Callback.RegisterConfigLink(wpd);
    You can set link to "http://192.168.0.14/raspberryioconfig?instance=RasPi"

Click image for larger version Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	46.7 KB ID:	1274755

Interesting though why for my plugin there's "Disconnect" button? And for yours - "N/A"?
    Thanks for the info. I had removed the call to RegisterConfigLink for named instances because there used to be a bug in HS3 that made the link wrong, but it looks like it works now so I can put it back.

It looks like the Disconnect button only appears if the remote instance doesn't have a name.

Comment

One possible request. Since it takes a while to initialise the plugin - would be nice to know when it's ready. Possibly use the root device - set its status when disconnected/reconnected/initialised? I assume it's instance root, not plugin?

Comment

Mr Spud,

Today, I have purchased new Raspberry Pi 3 B+ and Im wondering if you have solution to connect Raspberry board to the internet with sim card.

My intentions are to use this board in remote location.

I'm not programmer, but I'm good with wires.
        Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
          Mr Spud,

Today, I have purchased new Raspberry Pi 3 B+ and Im wondering if you have solution to connect Raspberry board to the internet with sim card.

My intentions are to use this board in remote location.

I'm not programmer, but I'm good with wires.
          Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
          I guess you would need something like this: https://sixfab.com/product/raspberry...te-shield-kit/
          I have never tested such a thing.

Comment

This seems to have been asked a couple of times without an answer... Is it possible to monitor the connection status?

Currently I use the arduino and I know if the boards are connected or not. Is there any way to have this capability with the RPI plugin?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Smartdave View Post
              Is it possible to monitor the connection status?
              I dedicated one input and one output - jumped tigether, loopback - for monitoring connection. Trigger event every two seconds, if input isn't updated in 5 seconds - send Pushover message.

Comment

Originally posted by Smartdave View Post
                This seems to have been asked a couple of times without an answer... Is it possible to monitor the connection status?

Currently I use the arduino and I know if the boards are connected or not. Is there any way to have this capability with the RPI plugin?

Thanks
                If by connection status you mean the connection between the remote plugin and HS3, it's not possible because the plugin runs on the RPi so once it is disconnected it can't update a device status on HS3

Comment

OK thanks...

On the topic of RPI disconnections.... I have noticed that if I take my RPI offline, then try to get to the Plugins page on HS it takes about 5 minutes before the page loads.

Is that normal?

Comment

One question, how to verify on RasPi if the plugin is running? I was expecting "ps -ae | grep mono" to show - but it doesn't.

Comment

When I upgrade my ZEE S2 to HS4, will your plug-in continue to work?

Comment

Originally posted by jbeletti View Post
                        When I upgrade my ZEE S2 to HS4, will your plug-in continue to work?
                        Yes the plugin will continue to work with HS4

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

Yes the plugin will continue to work with HS4
                          Thank you!

I am using your plug-in on an RPi with an 8-channel relay in my RV to control various DC loads - primarily lighting. Love it!

Comment

Working...
                          X