X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• petez69
    replied
    Spud

Just heading off to work, will try this evening. Should the debug show that a message is being sent to the board to turn the output on or off ? I'm not seeing a message....

The relay board is a chinese board with the LEDS and transistor, VCC, GND and "In". These are the ones I've used on Arduinos...

Something like this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KY-0...a-b7408cca2885

I did try another pin with same result...

I know they do work as I had 3 of them on another PI and I use one on a pictureframe PI...

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by petez69 View Post
    SPud

I've got a relay board plugged into GPIO4. As soon as I set it as an output, the relay turns on...OK I'm thinking inverted output. I try and toggle the output, HS shows it toggling but the relay doesnt toggle...

I turn the GPIO as an output, debug shows:

Sep-14 23:42:13 DEBUG Setting direction to Output for pin Pin4

I change the output on/'off on the web page, nothing in the debug....I change the output to not used:

Sep-14 23:43:44 DEBUG Setting direction to for pin Pin4
    Sep-14 23:43:44 ERROR PinStatusChangedHandler: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Sep-14 23:43:44 DEBUG Stack: at HSPI_RaspberryIO.RaspberryPiApp.PinStatusChangedHandler (System.Object sender, Raspberry.IO.GeneralPurpose.PinStatusEventArgs args) <0x720cf0d8 + 0x00050> in <filename unknown>:0

Seems a tad odd :-)
    In the next version, I will fix the error you see in the logs when you change the pin configuration from output to "not used", and I will add more debug logs when turning on/off an output

What kind of relay board are you using? are you sure it is connected correctly? Could you try to use another pin, GPIO 17 for example?
    I have only tested outputs with LED + resistor but it was working flawlessly.

Leave a comment:

• petez69
    replied
    SPud

I've got a relay board plugged into GPIO4. As soon as I set it as an output, the relay turns on...OK I'm thinking inverted output. I try and toggle the output, HS shows it toggling but the relay doesnt toggle...

I turn the GPIO as an output, debug shows:

Sep-14 23:42:13 DEBUG Setting direction to Output for pin Pin4

I change the output on/'off on the web page, nothing in the debug....I change the output to not used:

Sep-14 23:43:44 DEBUG Setting direction to for pin Pin4
    Sep-14 23:43:44 ERROR PinStatusChangedHandler: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Sep-14 23:43:44 DEBUG Stack: at HSPI_RaspberryIO.RaspberryPiApp.PinStatusChangedHandler (System.Object sender, Raspberry.IO.GeneralPurpose.PinStatusEventArgs args) <0x720cf0d8 + 0x00050> in <filename unknown>:0

Seems a tad odd :-)

Leave a comment:

• petez69
    replied
    BAH, ok I sorted it.

Had a quick look through the latest HS release notes, changes were made to the store. I was on v258, upgraded to v297 and it all works....

Plugin loaded and running ;-)

Leave a comment:

• petez69
    replied
    Spud, yup I get this....so it can enable the plugin and doesnt connect to HS for licence validity information ?

So right now if I do a regular "update listing", I dont get to see any additional interfaces ie: it doesnt seem to be able to get the control file.

If I put in your overwrite file, restart HS and update listing, I see NOTHING in additional interfaces...

I'm pretty ok with how this should work, I've installed lots of other plugins including using over_ride files....Funny I'm still getting errors in the log fileabout the plugin but I see nothing about the plugin in the installed (remote plugin) page....

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Spud, did exactly as you instructed......not getting the same result as you. I'm just trying to get an update from HS ie: Update listing and NOTHING is coming from HS site after removing the update file...

Its sitting there "downloading control file" and normally you see the bar move to the right as it gets data... I'm getting nothing, just sitting there...
    well... that's weird

anyway one workaround is to install manually:
    - unzip the zip from the first post
    - copy HSPI_RaspberryIO.exe and HSPI_RaspberryIO.exe.config in your HS3 root folder
    - copy all the dlls in bin\RaspberryIO
    - unzip images.zip and copy the RaspberryIO dir in html\images

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Just trying to get an updated listing of plugins from HS....getting nothing so not sure if their service is running....
    if you have the updater_override.txt in your HS3 folder, the updater does not contact Homeseer servers, it directly read this file which contains only the info for the RaspberryIO (see screenshot above)

Leave a comment:

• petez69
    replied
    Originally posted by spud View Post
    the updater_override.txt must go in the HS3 root folder, but the zip file must go in Updates3/Zips

then after you click on "Update Listings" you need to click the yellow arrow on the left of "additional interfaces" and then the one on the left of "Test Plugin". Then click the install checkbox and then the "Download and Install" button.
    [ATTACH]56555[/ATTACH]
    Spud, did exactly as you instructed......not getting the same result as you. I'm just trying to get an update from HS ie: Update listing and NOTHING is coming from HS site after removing the update file...

Its sitting there "downloading control file" and normally you see the bar move to the right as it gets data... I'm getting nothing, just sitting there...

Leave a comment:

• petez69
    replied
    Just trying to get an updated listing of plugins from HS....getting nothing so not sure if their service is running....

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Spud

I've added the overide file and the zip file as instructed on my windows 7 HS box. I press updated listings and the window just sits there..
    the updater_override.txt must go in the HS3 root folder, but the zip file must go in Updates3/Zips

then after you click on "Update Listings" you need to click the yellow arrow on the left of "additional interfaces" and then the one on the left of "Test Plugin". Then click the install checkbox and then the "Download and Install" button.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	install.png
Views:	1
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	1187066

Leave a comment:

• petez69
    replied
    Spud

I've added the overide file and the zip file as instructed on my windows 7 HS box. I press updated listings and the window just sits there..

I log in the log file and I see the following:

Sep-14 22:33:15 Info Plugin RaspberryIO with instance test has connected. IP:192.168.11.159:45010
    Sep-14 22:33:15 Error Cannot load plugin RaspberryIO, no license or trial expired
    Sep-14 22:32:43 Info Plugin RaspberryIO with instance test has connected. IP:192.168.11.159:45006
    Sep-14 22:32:43 Error Cannot load plugin RaspberryIO, no license or trial expired
    Sep-14 22:32:11 Info Plugin RaspberryIO with instance test has connected. IP:192.168.11.159:45002
    Sep-14 22:32:11 Error Cannot load plugin RaspberryIO, no license or trial expired
    Sep-14 22:31:39 Info Plugin RaspberryIO with instance test has connected. IP:192.168.11.159:44998
    Sep-14 22:31:39 Error Cannot load plugin RaspberryIO, no license or trial expired
    Sep-14 22:31:07 Info Plugin RaspberryIO with instance test has connected. IP:192.168.11.159:44994
    Sep-14 22:31:07 Error Cannot load plugin RaspberryIO, no license or trial expired
    Sep-14 22:30:35 Info Plugin RaspberryIO with instance test has connected. IP:192.168.11.159:44990
    Sep-14 22:30:35 Error Cannot load plugin RaspberryIO, no license or trial expired
    Sep-14 22:30:03 Info Plugin RaspberryIO with instance test has connected. IP:192.168.11.159:44986
    Sep-14 22:30:03 Error Cannot load plugin RaspberryIO, no license or trial expired

On the RaspberryPI debug screen I see:

Cannot connect(2):Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Waiting 30 seconds before trying to reconnect

Over and over...

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Spud

Cant seem to load the plugin...from the LOG

Sep-14 22:15:07 Info Plugin RaspberryIO with instance test has connected. IP:192.168.11.159:44858
    Sep-14 22:15:07 Error Cannot load plugin RaspberryIO, no license or trial expired

The raspberryPI debug doesnt show any successful connection..however it did manage to get the PI-Name and IP address.

Pete
    have you installed the plug-in on your HS3 machine? You need to, even if it is a windows machine, otherwise HS3 cannot handle the licensing stuff.

Leave a comment:

• petez69
    replied
    Spud

Cant seem to load the plugin...from the LOG

Sep-14 22:15:07 Info Plugin RaspberryIO with instance test has connected. IP:192.168.11.159:44858
    Sep-14 22:15:07 Error Cannot load plugin RaspberryIO, no license or trial expired

The raspberryPI debug doesnt show any successful connection..however it did manage to get the PI-Name and IP address.

Pete

Leave a comment:

• petez69
    replied
    Spud

Any plans to do "I'm alive" sensing between the RPI and HS box ?

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Instructions to run the plugin remotely are now available in the User Guide.

To control multiple Pi, you just need to run one instance of the plug-in on each Pi, and choose a different instance name for each one.
    Last edited by spud; September 13, 2016, 05:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X