This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BAH, ok I sorted it.

Had a quick look through the latest HS release notes, changes were made to the store. I was on v258, upgraded to v297 and it all works....

Plugin loaded and running ;-)
    HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

SPud

I've got a relay board plugged into GPIO4. As soon as I set it as an output, the relay turns on...OK I'm thinking inverted output. I try and toggle the output, HS shows it toggling but the relay doesnt toggle...

I turn the GPIO as an output, debug shows:

Sep-14 23:42:13 DEBUG Setting direction to Output for pin Pin4

I change the output on/'off on the web page, nothing in the debug....I change the output to not used:

Sep-14 23:43:44 DEBUG Setting direction to for pin Pin4
      Sep-14 23:43:44 ERROR PinStatusChangedHandler: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
      Sep-14 23:43:44 DEBUG Stack: at HSPI_RaspberryIO.RaspberryPiApp.PinStatusChangedHandler (System.Object sender, Raspberry.IO.GeneralPurpose.PinStatusEventArgs args) <0x720cf0d8 + 0x00050> in <filename unknown>:0

Seems a tad odd :-)
      HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Originally posted by petez69 View Post
        SPud

I've got a relay board plugged into GPIO4. As soon as I set it as an output, the relay turns on...OK I'm thinking inverted output. I try and toggle the output, HS shows it toggling but the relay doesnt toggle...

I turn the GPIO as an output, debug shows:

Sep-14 23:42:13 DEBUG Setting direction to Output for pin Pin4

I change the output on/'off on the web page, nothing in the debug....I change the output to not used:

Sep-14 23:43:44 DEBUG Setting direction to for pin Pin4
        Sep-14 23:43:44 ERROR PinStatusChangedHandler: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
        Sep-14 23:43:44 DEBUG Stack: at HSPI_RaspberryIO.RaspberryPiApp.PinStatusChangedHandler (System.Object sender, Raspberry.IO.GeneralPurpose.PinStatusEventArgs args) <0x720cf0d8 + 0x00050> in <filename unknown>:0

Seems a tad odd :-)
        In the next version, I will fix the error you see in the logs when you change the pin configuration from output to "not used", and I will add more debug logs when turning on/off an output

What kind of relay board are you using? are you sure it is connected correctly? Could you try to use another pin, GPIO 17 for example?
        I have only tested outputs with LED + resistor but it was working flawlessly.

Comment

Spud

Just heading off to work, will try this evening. Should the debug show that a message is being sent to the board to turn the output on or off ? I'm not seeing a message....

The relay board is a chinese board with the LEDS and transistor, VCC, GND and "In". These are the ones I've used on Arduinos...

Something like this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KY-0...a-b7408cca2885

I did try another pin with same result...

I know they do work as I had 3 of them on another PI and I use one on a pictureframe PI...
          HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Spud

Just heading off to work, will try this evening. Should the debug show that a message is being sent to the board to turn the output on or off ? I'm not seeing a message....
            That's normal, no message is expected if there is no problem detected. If the HS device status change when you press toggle, it means that the plug-in got a confirmation from the RPi that the output was switched.

The relay board is a chinese board with the LEDS and transistor, VCC, GND and "In". These are the ones I've used on Arduinos...

Something like this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KY-0...a-b7408cca2885

I did try another pin with same result...

I know they do work as I had 3 of them on another PI and I use one on a pictureframe PI...
            This relay says it is 5V, it may not work reliably with a 3.3V output from the RPi

Comment

Spud

The arduino is also 3.3V and that works rock solid.

I have 3 of these on an RPI running SMSD (SMS engine) and the relays trigger fine, no issues what so ever. As mentioned I have another one on a pictureframe and that works fine.

I will put a meter on the output to see whats going on...Is there a chance to put a message in the debug to see the command go through ? Just helps with fault finding...

Hey I'm glad to see the status change on the web page is an exact status of the output rather than set and hopefully it got there....

I've just bought a bunch of stuff to deploy one of these in my new place, I'm excited to use the raspberrys as there is just so much i can do with it. You've won me, this is cool....

Cheers Pete
              HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

version 3.0.0.2 of the plugin is available on first post of this thread, with the following changes:

- Fixed error when switching pin direction form Output to "Not Used"
                - Ouput pins are now initialized with the last known value, instead of being set to Off at startup
                - Added better debug logs

Comment

The RaspberryIO plugin is now available from the updater.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                    The RaspberryIO plugin is now available from the updater.
                    Thanks Spud...In the process of moving house hence no testing. Thanks for putting it up there, will try it again....

Pete
                    HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

starting problem

Hi,
                      I got a problem in starting the RaspberryIO. Here are the logs from the remote RPi (Jessy) after ./run:

pi@raspberrypi:/usr/local/RaspberryIO $ sudo ./run
                      Plugin: RaspberryIO Instance: RemoteCPIO starting...
                      Connecting to server at 192.168.2.4...
                      Connection attempt #1
                      Connected (HomeSeer API 3). Waiting to be initialized...
                      Sep-26 15:45:00 INFO RaspberryIO version 3.0.0.2
                      Missing method CompareString in assembly /usr/local/RaspberryIO/Scheduler.dll, type Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Operators
                      Sep-26 15:45:00 ERROR System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies.
                      File name: 'Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'
                      at HSPI_RaspberryIO.WebConfig..ctor (System.String pageName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
                      at HSPI_RaspberryIO.RaspberryPiApp.Init () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
                      Sep-26 15:45:01 INFO Shutting Down plug-in
                      Shutdown IO called
                      Connection lost, exiting
                      Disconnected from server - client
                      System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
                      at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke (System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy rp, IMessage msg, System.Exception& exc, System.Object[]& out_args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
                      Error SendInvokeResponse: Client is not connected to the server.
                      Waiting 30 seconds before trying to reconnect

========
                      And here is the log from HS3 (on RPi3):
                      Sep-26 17:39:05 Error Initializing plug-in(2): RaspberryIO Instance:RaspberryIO:Object reference not set to an instance of an objectSTACK: at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces () <0x7301ec30 + 0x005c8> in :0
                      Sep-26 17:39:02 Info Plugin RaspberryIO with instance: RaspberryIO has disconnected
                      Sep-26 17:39:02 RaspberryIO INFO Shutting Down plug-in
                      Sep-26 17:39:02 Error Initializing plug-in(1): RaspberryIO Instance:RaspberryIO:System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. File name: 'Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' at HSPI_RaspberryIO.WebConfig..ctor (System.String pageName) [0x00000] in :0 at HSPI_RaspberryIO.RaspberryPiApp.Init () [0x00000] in :0
                      Sep-26 17:39:02 RaspberryIO ERROR System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. File name: 'Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' at HSPI_RaspberryIO.WebConfig..ctor (System.String pageName) [0x00000] in :0 at HSPI_RaspberryIO.RaspberryPiApp.Init () [0x00000] in :0
                      Sep-26 17:39:02 RaspberryIO INFO RaspberryIO version 3.0.0.2
                      Sep-26 17:39:02 Info Plugin RaspberryIO with instance RaspberryIO has connected. IP:192.168.2.119:60962

Comment

Originally posted by uwerner View Post
                        Hi,
                        I got a problem in starting the RaspberryIO. Here are the logs from the remote RPi (Jessy) after ./run:

pi@raspberrypi:/usr/local/RaspberryIO $ sudo ./run
                        Plugin: RaspberryIO Instance: RemoteCPIO starting...
                        Connecting to server at 192.168.2.4...
                        Connection attempt #1
                        Connected (HomeSeer API 3). Waiting to be initialized...
                        Sep-26 15:45:00 INFO RaspberryIO version 3.0.0.2
                        Missing method CompareString in assembly /usr/local/RaspberryIO/Scheduler.dll, type Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Operators
                        Sep-26 15:45:00 ERROR System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies.
                        File name: 'Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'
                        at HSPI_RaspberryIO.WebConfig..ctor (System.String pageName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
                        at HSPI_RaspberryIO.RaspberryPiApp.Init () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
                        Shutdown IO called
                        Connection lost, exiting
                        Disconnected from server - client
                        System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
                        at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke (System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy rp, IMessage msg, System.Exception& exc, System.Object[]& out_args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
                        Error SendInvokeResponse: Client is not connected to the server.
                        Waiting 30 seconds before trying to reconnect

========
                        And here is the log from HS3 (on RPi3):
                        Sep-26 17:39:05 Error Initializing plug-in(2): RaspberryIO Instance:RaspberryIO:Object reference not set to an instance of an objectSTACK: at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces () <0x7301ec30 + 0x005c8> in :0
                        Sep-26 17:39:02 Info Plugin RaspberryIO with instance: RaspberryIO has disconnected
                        Sep-26 17:39:02 Error Initializing plug-in(1): RaspberryIO Instance:RaspberryIO:System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. File name: 'Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' at HSPI_RaspberryIO.WebConfig..ctor (System.String pageName) [0x00000] in :0 at HSPI_RaspberryIO.RaspberryPiApp.Init () [0x00000] in :0
                        Sep-26 17:39:02 RaspberryIO ERROR System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. File name: 'Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' at HSPI_RaspberryIO.WebConfig..ctor (System.String pageName) [0x00000] in :0 at HSPI_RaspberryIO.RaspberryPiApp.Init () [0x00000] in :0
                        Sep-26 17:39:02 RaspberryIO INFO RaspberryIO version 3.0.0.2
                        Sep-26 17:39:02 Info Plugin RaspberryIO with instance RaspberryIO has connected. IP:192.168.2.119:60962
                        I think you need to install the Mono VB libraries:

Code:
                        sudo apt-get install mono-vbnc

Comment

Yes, its working now. Have installed Mono 4.x

Thank you!

Comment

Fantastic. This plugin is just what I was after. Last time I checked there was only an Arduno plugin. I much prefer the PI, so well pleased to see this.

Will be trying it out very shortly!

Comment

Excited to see this.. been looking for something like this for a while.

Probably won't have opportunity to try it for a bit... (Maybe around holidays?)

But wanted to say thank you for your efforts and taking this on.
                              Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

3.0.0.4 working well so far. Finally have this running live now replacing some Z-Wave universal modules that I used for inputs.

I have two inputs. One for a gate door microswitch on PIN2. When that triggers it runs an event that speaks over the intercom that the gate door is opened. Turns on a floodlight, and then it then triggers a relay via PIN3 to my Sainsmart Relay board that inputs to my CCTV system to move a PTZ camera to point to that area. Second input is pretty much the same, and also outputs to the CCTV (but moves it elsewhere).

A small feature request
                                If possible can the "toggle" button be configurable as a pulse? e.g you press toggle and it pulses the output once (e.g open/closed) in like half a second. Maybe have a configuration option that when enabled "Enable Pulse" the toggle option actually becomes "Pulse".
                                It would save people having to press on/off or toggle twice to pulse an output to a different system
                                Not a big issue granted.. I'm doing it at the moment with an Event.. it turns the output on, then after a 1 second delay, off again but it would be useful to be able to do it quickly from the device screen.

Many thanks for a great plugin. It's working really well for me so far

Comment

Working...
                                X