No announcement yet.

Howto upgrade Mono to version 4.x on a Raspberry Pi1 and 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like you have first version of Raspberian Wheezy on your two RPi's. That said the first Homeseer Zee ran on an RPi #1.

The initial Homeseer 3 Zee 2 had mono that was built long math way which made it difficult to remove.

Tim,

It will be easier for you to start from scratch. That said you will lose your events as mentioned above using a newer version of Mono.

Best maybe to save your Homeseer 3 directory to a USB stick. Copy /opt/usr/HomeSeer to a USB stick. Make sure it is not running.

1 - Download current version of Zee2 over here ==> Download Zee2
    2 - write the image to a new 16 SD card and connect a monitor and keyboard to your RPi
    3 - after install make sure it is running.
    4 - update and upgrade the OS
    5 - at the end check your version of mono: mono -V
    6 - this version of Mono on the new Zee2 can be upgraded if you want. (optional).

As mentioned above you will lose your events upgrading Mono versions. There are no real mechanisms to preserve you events when upgrading old mono to new mono.

Best mechanism is to do a screen print maybe of each of your events and manually re-enter them one by one.

Here repurposed my original Homeseer 3 Zee and continue to utilize the Zee 2 RPi2's.

- Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thank you for advices.
      My apologies for not specifying that im trying to set this raspberry as additional input device .
      My HomeSeer is running on another PC.
      I have purchased plugin for RaspberryIO.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
        Thank you for advices.
        My apologies for not specifying that im trying to set this raspberry as additional input device .
        My HomeSeer is running on another PC.
        I have purchased plugin for RaspberryIO.
        Just install the latest Raspbian image (Raspbian Stretch) that you can find here: https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian/
        I'm not sure what is the latest mono version that comes with this distribution but you probably won't have to upgrade mono at all.

install mono:

Code:
        sudo apt-get install mono-complete
        then check the version

Code:
        mono --version
        if you have 4.x or later you are good to go.

Comment

Hi Spud,

There is 3 versions of Rasbian Stretch. Which one do you recommend.
          Do I need desktop version with recommended software or lite.
          Also, because all programming is done in command line , do I need desktop version at all.

This Raspberry will be used with your plugin to get inputs from PLC. I have dedicated PC with HomeSeer installed on it.
          How many Raspberry devices can I use with this plugin?

Comment

Hi Spud,

There is 3 versions of Rasbian Stretch. Which one do you recommend.
            Do I need desktop version with recommended software or lite.
            Also, because all programming is done in command line , do I need desktop version at all.

This Raspberry will be used with your plugin to get inputs from PLC. I have dedicated PC with HomeSeer installed on it.
            How many Raspberry devices can I use with this plugin?
            I would go with Stretch Lite

You can use as many RPi as you want with the plugin, each one will create a new instance of the plugin that connects to your HS3 system.

Comment

Thank you for your advice. Will install it tonight and try it. I work long hours so not much time for learning Raspberry programming.
              Best Regards

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

Just install the latest Raspbian image (Raspbian Stretch) that you can find here: https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian/
                I'm not sure what is the latest mono version that comes with this distribution but you probably won't have to upgrade mono at all.

install mono:

Code:
                sudo apt-get install mono-complete
                then check the version

Code:
                mono --version
                if you have 4.x or later you are good to go.
                Hi Spud,

I got message at 95% of download :

failed to fetch http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/rasp...b9u2_armhf.deb

Any advices?

Comment

I have installed raspbian stretch and installed mono as per instructions, however im getting error message
                  mono --version
                  -bash: mono: command not found

Comment

It is ...

mono -V

IE:

HS3Pro:~# mono -V
                    Mono JIT compiler version 5.16.0.220 (tarball Mon Nov 26 17:17:59 UTC 2018)
                    Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
                    TLS: __thread
                    SIGSEGV: altstack
                    Notifications: epoll
                    Architecture: amd64
                    Disabled: none
                    Misc: softdebug
                    Interpreter: yes
                    LLVM: yes(3.6.0svn-mono-/)
                    GC: sgen (concurrent by default)
                    - Pete

Auto mator
                    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Finally, mono is installed to 4.6.2.7 version.
                      Program connects to the HomeSeer for few seconds and disconnect.
                      Shutdown IO called

I have RaspberryIO plugin 3.0.0.14 on HomeSeer but on config page says System is not Raspbery Pi??

This doesnt seems right??

Comment

Finally, mono is installed to 4.6.2.7 version.
                        Program connects to the HomeSeer for few seconds and disconnect.
                        Shutdown IO called

I have RaspberryIO plugin 3.0.0.14 on HomeSeer but on config page says System is not Raspbery Pi??

This doesnt seems right??
                        On the Homeseer machine you must NOT enable the RaspberryIO plugin, leave it disabled.
                        How do you start your remote instance?
                        Please post the logs you get when you start your remote instance.

Comment

On the Homeseer machine you must NOT enable the RaspberryIO plugin, leave it disabled.
                          How do you start your remote instance?
                          Please post the logs you get when you start your remote instance.
                          Hi Spud,

I disabled plugin on HomeSeer, and I started remote instance on Raspbery with:

sudo ./run.sh

this morning, I have restarted Homeseer and raspberry, but raspberry have forgotten all settings for RaspberryIO.
                          I have checked at:

pico ./run.sh and it is empty.

Comment

this morning, I have restarted Homeseer and raspberry, but raspberry have forgotten all settings for RaspberryIO.
                            I have checked at:

pico ./run.sh and it is empty.
                            when you run this command, you need to make sure your current directory is the directory where you installed it the first time, otherwise it will just create an empty run.sh file in your current dir.

Comment

when you run this command, you need to make sure your current directory is the directory where you installed it the first time, otherwise it will just create an empty run.sh file in your current dir.
                              Ok. Will check it tonight. Also will send screenshot of error messages.

It tries to connect every 30 seconds.
                              Also, will add line to start RaspberryIO every time after reboot.
                              Thank you.

Comment

Hi,

please see below,

Error System.IO.FileNotfoundException: Couldn't load file or assembly or one of its dependencies.
                                File name Microsoft VisualBasic, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeytoken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'
                                at HSPI_RaspberryIO.WebConfig..ctor (System.String pageName)
                                at HSPI_RaspberryIO.RaspberryPiApp.Init

Comment

Working...
                                X