Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim
    replied
    I have installed raspbian stretch and installed mono as per instructions, however im getting error message
    mono --version
    -bash: mono: command not found

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    replied
    Originally posted by spud View Post

Just install the latest Raspbian image (Raspbian Stretch) that you can find here: https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian/
    I'm not sure what is the latest mono version that comes with this distribution but you probably won't have to upgrade mono at all.

install mono:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install mono-complete
    then check the version

Code:
    mono --version
    if you have 4.x or later you are good to go.
    Hi Spud,

I got message at 95% of download :

failed to fetch http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/rasp...b9u2_armhf.deb

Any advices?

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    replied
    Thank you for your advice. Will install it tonight and try it. I work long hours so not much time for learning Raspberry programming.
    Best Regards

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by Tim View Post
    Hi Spud,

There is 3 versions of Rasbian Stretch. Which one do you recommend.
    Do I need desktop version with recommended software or lite.
    Also, because all programming is done in command line , do I need desktop version at all.

This Raspberry will be used with your plugin to get inputs from PLC. I have dedicated PC with HomeSeer installed on it.
    How many Raspberry devices can I use with this plugin?
    I would go with Stretch Lite

You can use as many RPi as you want with the plugin, each one will create a new instance of the plugin that connects to your HS3 system.

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    replied
    Hi Spud,

There is 3 versions of Rasbian Stretch. Which one do you recommend.
    Do I need desktop version with recommended software or lite.
    Also, because all programming is done in command line , do I need desktop version at all.

This Raspberry will be used with your plugin to get inputs from PLC. I have dedicated PC with HomeSeer installed on it.
    How many Raspberry devices can I use with this plugin?

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by Tim View Post
    Thank you for advices.
    My apologies for not specifying that im trying to set this raspberry as additional input device .
    My HomeSeer is running on another PC.
    I have purchased plugin for RaspberryIO.
    Just install the latest Raspbian image (Raspbian Stretch) that you can find here: https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian/
    I'm not sure what is the latest mono version that comes with this distribution but you probably won't have to upgrade mono at all.

install mono:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install mono-complete
    then check the version

Code:
    mono --version
    if you have 4.x or later you are good to go.

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    replied
    Thank you for advices.
    My apologies for not specifying that im trying to set this raspberry as additional input device .
    My HomeSeer is running on another PC.
    I have purchased plugin for RaspberryIO.

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    Looks like you have first version of Raspberian Wheezy on your two RPi's. That said the first Homeseer Zee ran on an RPi #1.

The initial Homeseer 3 Zee 2 had mono that was built long math way which made it difficult to remove.

Tim,

It will be easier for you to start from scratch. That said you will lose your events as mentioned above using a newer version of Mono.

Best maybe to save your Homeseer 3 directory to a USB stick. Copy /opt/usr/HomeSeer to a USB stick. Make sure it is not running.

1 - Download current version of Zee2 over here ==> Download Zee2
    2 - write the image to a new 16 SD card and connect a monitor and keyboard to your RPi
    3 - after install make sure it is running.
    4 - update and upgrade the OS
    5 - at the end check your version of mono: mono -V
    6 - this version of Mono on the new Zee2 can be upgraded if you want. (optional).

As mentioned above you will lose your events upgrading Mono versions. There are no real mechanisms to preserve you events when upgrading old mono to new mono.

Best mechanism is to do a screen print maybe of each of your events and manually re-enter them one by one.

Here repurposed my original Homeseer 3 Zee and continue to utilize the Zee 2 RPi2's.

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    replied
    Well, that didnt work.

If im reading it right on boot screen it is:

Raspbian GNU/Linux 7
    Linux raspberypi 3.12.22+ #691

Every time when i use command " apt" im getting error message " command not found "

Leave a comment:

• simplextech
    replied
    It's a little more time consuming/complex for a simple forum posting. A full install guide sounds like what you're needing. However first steps before taking the drastic "re-install" method. What version of Raspbian are you running?

Run either of these and post the output

Code:
    lsb-release
    If that does not work then do this

Code:
    cat /etc/os-release

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    replied
    Im using raspbian from sd card purchased with Raspbery B+ few years ago.
    Just waiting to re-install program once again and then will follow your instructions.

Leave a comment:

• zwolfpack
    replied
    https://www.mono-project.com/downloa...d-lin-raspbian

I think you may not have run the 1st step, that installs 'dirmngr'.
    Code:
    sudo apt install apt-transport-https dirmngr
    sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys 3FA7E0328081BFF6A14DA29AA6A19B38D3D831EF
    echo "deb https://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian stable-raspbianstretch main" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono-official-stable.list
    sudo apt update

Leave a comment:

• simplextech
    replied
    Did you install the Raspberry Pi? Or using the image it came with?

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    replied
    If you are willing to help me, i will delete everything from Raspbery and install what you are suggesting
    Obviously, i'm doing everything wrong.

I have experience in PLC programming, but i know absolutely nothing about Linux.

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    replied
    Hi, I tried to install apt key but didn't work.

sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys 3FA7E0328081BFF6A14DA29AA6A19B38D3D831EF

and then i get error message

Executing: /tmp/apt-key-gpghome.Lh5D4Q10zm/gpg.1.sh --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys 3FA7E0328081BFF6A14DA29AA6A19B38D3D831EF
    gpg: failed to start the dirmngr '/usr/bin/dirmngr': No such file or directory
    gpg: connecting dirmngr at '/tmp/apt-key-gpghome.Lh5D4Q10zm/S.dirmngr' failed: No such file or directory
    gpg: keyserver receive failed: No dirmngr

Leave a comment:

Working...
X