Is my EZio dead for HS4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is my EZio dead for HS4?

So I was working fine until last year when I upgraded to HS4. Now I primarily use it to control my pool system so I did not really notice / care about it until now but best I can figure it has never worked since the upgrade.
    • I have checked and the plug in is updated to the latest.
    • I have removed and re-added the device
    • I have removed reset and readded the device

I keep getting errors when I try to set a output on or off
    • Legacy-Plugin SimpleHomeNet Error Error transmitting message to turn off output 2 of device with address 1B.03.69
    • Legacy-Plugin SimpleHomeNet Error Error transmitting message to turn off output 1 of device with address 1B.03.69
    • Legacy-Plugin SimpleHomeNet Error Error transmitting message to write configuration 44 value to the device with address 1B.03.69

Any help would be appreciated. Otherwise I guess I need a different device to use.

No comments in a week, not a good sign. Can somebody buy me a vowel here, would suck to have to go back to the drawing board on my pool stuff.

Comment

'Error transmitting message' implies there may be a permission problem of some kind. Just a guess. Have you tried removing the plugin and re-installing it since the upgrade?
      "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Thank you for your guidance Ken. I had tried removing the plug in but it occured to me I did not restart in between so I tried it again today. I deleted the EZIO8SA from the plug in first. Then deleted the plug in. Shutdown HS4 deleted the Simplehomenet.ini file since it was not deleted itself. Then started HS4, added the plug in and then the device again. Unfortunately no luck. I am still getting the same messages trying to control any of the outputs from HS. If it helps the first error I find in the log after configuring the plug in is.

Legacy-Plugin
        SimpleHomeNet Error
        Error transmitting message to set address MSB to value of 00 for device with address 1B.03.69

Comment

Do you know if there's a simple, standalone utility you could use for testing the EZIO8SA? Also, I didn't realized that is was Insteon. Found this on the web page.

"EZIO8SA requires a dedicated INSTEON Serial Modem Interface PLM for operation (includes powerline only)."

You may want to post over on the HS4 Insteon Plugin forum since it may be related to the serial modem.
          "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Ken that is a interesting idea I had not thought about the potential that the PLM is failing. I will look into that.

Comment

Ok after ALOT of testing I have gotten this working again. Incase others have problems I wanted to update the post. Turns out that the plug in works fine. There was a problem with the configuration that did clear up only after doing the suggestion here of removing the device, removing the plug in, restarting the HS server then adding the plug in and EZIO back.

After doing that I was able to more clearly see that the errors were actually intermitted where they had previously been consistent. Granted it worked like 1 out of 5 times and it took minutes to actually work. So then I started troubleshooting the Insteon PLM it plugs into. I reset it, replaced the Cat5 cable still same results. For the point of eliminating any potential variable I then plugged the PLM into a circuit on the other side of the room. Suddenly it works reliably.

Now I know for sure that nothing new is plugged directly into the old outlet, in fact I think there is nothing new even on that breaker but somewhere on that circuit something must be making a lot of noise new or old. To try and get it setup in the convenient way again I tried the old plug with a filterlinc and that did not help either.

So for now I have this setup with an extension cord so it is not ideal but it is working reliably.

Thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
              X