SimpleHomeNet Plugin Version 1.0.1.0 Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SimpleHomeNet Plugin Version 1.0.1.0 Beta

The SimpleHomeNet Plugin has been updated to include basic support of the digital/analog inputs in analog mode on the EZIO2X4, EZIO8SA and EZIO6I.

The beta version of the plugin includes the following updates/additions:
    • Improved Add Devices screen
    • Removed spurious log messages
    • Added ability to get and set analog transition thresholds (the analog thresholds screen will take a few seconds to load)
      • There is some timing that is out of my control that may cause the thresholds screen to not load and display an error message. If you receive this error message, please try loading the screen again.
      • The analog inputs are converted using a 10-bit A/D conversion. The 10-bit A/D converter results in 1024 voltage ranges (0-1023).
      • The EZIO device will send out a broadcast notification when the relevant threshold has been exceeded and the associated device in HomeSeer will be updated accordingly.
    • Added ability to set the conversion mode of the digital/analog inputs:
      • Digital (the inputs stay in digital mode and transition between OFF and ON at fixed intervals)
      • Manual (the analog value is only read when commanded)
      • Continuous (the analog value is read at fixed intervals of 1 second)
        • Currently there is no difference in the plugin between these two modes. The ability to view the analog value as read at the input port will be added to a future version.
    • Added abilty to enable debounce of analog inputs:
      • The debounce function applies a filter to the analog input that minimizes ripples and noise that may cause false readings.
    To install the beta version, follow the below procedures:
    • Shutdown HomeSeer
    • Rename the existing HSPI_SimpleHomeNet.dll to HSPI_SimpleHomeNet.bak
    • Copy the HSPI_SimpleHomeNet.dll from the attached ZIP file to the HomeSeer directory
    • Restart HomeSeer
    Upon first running the beta plugin, some of the fields in the Device Configuration page will be blank since there is no corresponding value in the INI file. Once these settings are input for the first time, they will be written to the INI file. In the future viewing the Device Configuration page will show all values as they are currently set.

Please let me know if you have any questions,

Adam
    Attached Files
    Last edited by hurry4it; June 20, 2012, 05:08 PM.

Thank you for working on this. Will test it tonight. We have a temp sensor tied into each of the analog in. Will see if it will sense when they cross a threshold.
    We have a script written for Housebot to get the analog in from the EZIO8, we had to send serial commands directly. If it would be of any use, I would gladly upload it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by JHughes View Post
      Thank you for working on this. Will test it tonight. We have a temp sensor tied into each of the analog in. Will see if it will sense when they cross a threshold.
      We have a script written for Housebot to get the analog in from the EZIO8, we had to send serial commands directly. If it would be of any use, I would gladly upload it for you.
      Thanks, let me know how it works for you. I have the data I need in order to get the analog in value, but I am having a problem with some timing issues that I hope to get worked out shortly.

Adam

Comment

Testing

Tested the plugin on the weekend. All seemed to work as expected.
        Did not realize it turned off the analog function. The temp sensor for the pool was no longer getting updated readings, the heater ran all day. Will be more attentive when testing future versions.
        Looking forward to having the analog in function working, then will not have to run multiple pieces of software.

Comment

How is this implemented?

I could not see a link to any documentaiton or screen shots. I am looking ot automate some pool valves with actuators and was thinking about purchasing a EZIO8SA to do it. Will your plug in make all of the output channels look like a device that I can simply send a on/off too in HS? Any additional info would help in my planning a solution.

Thanks

Comment

Pool

We are using the EZIO8 for exactly that. Had been sending serial commands directly to control the valves, using other software. Now we are using this plugin for the valves. Also have relays tied in to run the pumps and in pool lighting. Still running the other software to get the temp back from the analog in on the EZIO.
            If you don't need the analog in, then this will work for your needs. If you need any help on the pool end, just ask. Have learned much through my mistakes along the way.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I would appreciate any lessons learned.

I was thinking of using the intermatic actuators. My valves are Jandy. I am looking to control 2 3 way valves. 1 is for a waterfeature the other diverts the return through solar heaters on the roof. I want to use HS to control if the water feature is off, low or full depending on the day and time. Then I will be using HS to determin if the solar heaters should be used based off the roof temprature and light that I get from another sensor.

Since each actuator needs 2 outputs I was thinking to get the bigger single unit incase I integrate my garage doors later or something.

Comment

Pools

Our pool was controlled by a Jandy system, then the main board fried. They wanted about $3000 for a new one. As the system was very limited, decided to try and design our own. We have a Din rail panel installed in the pool shed. It has the EZIO8 and a EZIO4. We use all 12 outputs. Also use both analog inputs for temp.(wish there were more analog in) There is a 24v AC transformer for the valves, and a 24v DC transformer for the relays. There are 5 DPST 10amp relays. 7 SPDT 5 amp relays. The big ones turn on the pumps. Three of the SPDT run the valves. Two run the in pool lights, one for the heater and one for the auto pool filler. The standard valves are designed to only stop at either end of their rotation, not part way through. If you are going to try and set up for a part way rotation you will need a Single pole triple throw relay. On-Off-On, so you stop part way.
                All 120v lines must have fuses on them, so we have 12 Din rail fuses. There are also many Din rail terminal blocks for all of the wiring.
                We added some ON-Off-On toggle switches for servicing the pool. That way we can manually turn on pumps, valves or heater, and more important turn them off is something is not responding.
                Strongly recommend writing a description of what you want to do, then a schematic of how it will need to be wired. A friend is starting his pool, he originally thought he would only need 4 relays, he is now up to 12.
                We looked for a single unit with both relays and fuses, there were none at any reasonable price.
                We are working on a design for one, it is still a couple of months away.

Overall the system has been very reliable. Most complaints have been about the touch screen interface, which will be switched to HomeSeer soon. There is a fair bit of scripting required to handle all of the variables that are required. The everyday scheduled operation of the pool has been solid. If you have other Insteon devices in a system, then in my opinion it is a great way to go.

Comment

Pool

Wonderful thank you. At least I know the concept is sound. Now to start planning the details.

Comment

Originally posted by sharrisct25 View Post
                    I could not see a link to any documentaiton or screen shots. I am looking ot automate some pool valves with actuators and was thinking about purchasing a EZIO8SA to do it. Will your plug in make all of the output channels look like a device that I can simply send a on/off too in HS? Any additional info would help in my planning a solution.

Thanks
                    This plugin will make each output channel look like a HomeSeer device that you can control individually with on/off commands. I'll make a sticky post this weekend with screenshots and instructions for use.

Adam

Comment

Status

How close are you to having the analog in. Only 5 days left in my trial, would like to make the purchase. All of the digital outputs have been rock solid. Am actualy controlling them with your plug-in as well as HouseBot through serial.

Thank you for your excellent work on this.

Comment

How close are you to having the analog in. Only 5 days left in my trial, would like to make the purchase. All of the digital outputs have been rock solid. Am actualy controlling them with your plug-in as well as HouseBot through serial.

Thank you for your excellent work on this.
                        The Analog Inputs are supported in the Version 1.0.1.0 Beta that was posted last month. Is there something that is not working properly with them or that you would like to see added?

Adam

Comment

Analog In

It is the analog value in. Need readings of temperatures for pool, air, hot tub. Ver 1.0.1.0 only has analog threshold indication. Unless I misunderstood.

Comment

It is the analog value in. Need readings of temperatures for pool, air, hot tub. Ver 1.0.1.0 only has analog threshold indication. Unless I misunderstood.
                            You are correct. The analog inputs are supported, but the value of the analog input is not currently supported. I'll try and get this feature working this weekend.

Adam

Comment

Any progress on the analog value in ?

Comment

Working...
                              X