SimpleHomeNet EZSnsRF Wireless Sensor Receiver for Dakota Alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SimpleHomeNet EZSnsRF Wireless Sensor Receiver for Dakota Alert

Does this plug-in support the SimpleHomeNet EZSnsRF Wireless Sensor Receiver.

If not, any plans to add it

Originally posted by FeMan View Post
    Does this plug-in support the SimpleHomeNet EZSnsRF Wireless Sensor Receiver.

If not, any plans to add it
    The SimpleHomeNet plugin does not currently support the EZSnsRF. I'll look into the specifications for it to see if it can be added.

Adam

Comment

Adam
      If it is helpful I can send you the external device script written by Oman and customized by others, which I have been using successfully for years to run the EzSnsRf. You can also search these boards for EzSnsRf and I'm sure it will pop up.

Can I run your plug in alongside Mark Sandler's plug in for Insteon as well as Tom Christian's for the Venstar thermostats?
      Jono

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
        Adam
        If it is helpful I can send you the external device script written by Oman and customized by others, which I have been using successfully for years to run the EzSnsRf. You can also search these boards for EzSnsRf and I'm sure it will pop up.

Can I run your plug in alongside Mark Sandler's plug in for Insteon as well as Tom Christian's for the Venstar thermostats?
        Jono
        Jono,

I haven't had a chance to look into the EzSnsRf yet, but I should be able to include it into the next version of the plugin as long as I don't hit any roadblocks. The SimpleHomeNet plugin requires the Insteon plugin by Mark Sandler to work properly. It can also be run along side the Insteon thermostat plugin.

Adam

Comment

Thanks Adam. This link might be helpful:
          http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...hlight=ezsnsrf

Comment

I have updated the plugin to version 1.0.2.0 which has basic support for the EZSnsRF device. I do not have one of these devices to test with, so let me know if you experience any issues.

Adam

Comment

Adam,
              I updated to the latest 1.0.2 beta so that I could use the EZSnsRF functions. I added the device per the plugin. The plugin added 3 devices, but the status of these don't change when the transmitter is triggered. Yes, the transmitter is registered with the EZSnsRF unit. How do I get the HS devices to change state?

Comment

Originally posted by caustin View Post
                Adam,
                I updated to the latest 1.0.2 beta so that I could use the EZSnsRF functions. I added the device per the plugin. The plugin added 3 devices, but the status of these don't change when the transmitter is triggered. Yes, the transmitter is registered with the EZSnsRF unit. How do I get the HS devices to change state?
                Please set the plugin logging level to 3=debug and post the log snippit were the EZSnsRF devices are sending the status updates so that I can investigate the cause of this issue.

Adam

Comment

Originally posted by hurry4it View Post
                  Please set the plugin logging level to 3=debug and post the log snippit were the EZSnsRF devices are sending the status updates so that I can investigate the cause of this issue.

Adam
                  Her is the log file with debug data. The id for the EZSnsRF is 11.09.A0. The other ID is for a EZIO2x4.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Her is the log file with debug data. The id for the EZSnsRF is 11.09.A0. The other ID is for a EZIO2x4.
                    Thanks,

I'll investigate this issue this weekend.

Adam

Comment

Thanks,

I'll investigate this issue this weekend.

Adam
                      Thanks, Adam. While your looking, I noticed that if I select to edit the EZSnsRF entry in the plugin, the only thing available is the location. I can't change the polling interval nor increase or decrease the number of transmitters. I have to delete the entry and re-enter.

Comment

Thanks, Adam. While your looking, I noticed that if I select to edit the EZSnsRF entry in the plugin, the only thing available is the location. I can't change the polling interval nor increase or decrease the number of transmitters. I have to delete the entry and re-enter.
                        I had a chance to look into your Insteon traffic and the messages that are being received are general broadcast messages. Unfortunately, due to the way the firmware is designed on the EZSnsRF, these broadcast messages do not contain the on/off status of the sensor. In order for the status to be sent in a format that is useable by the plugin, the EZSnsRF must be linked to a responder so that group broadcast messages are issued.

Please follow the linking Insteon device process in the EZSnsRF quick setup guide at: http://www.simplehomenet.com/Downloa...uick-start.pdf If you don't have a specific Insteon device that you want triggered the sensor is activated, you may be able to just link the EZSnsRF sensor to the PLM. Once they are linked, please send another log with the traffic with on/off transition.

Also, this version of the plugin does not support changing the number of sensors configured. I plan on adding this to a future version, but in the mean time, the EZSnsRF device will need to be removed and re-added with the correct number of sensors configured. The only setting that is currently available in the device configuration screen for the EZSnsRF is the location.

Thanks,

Adam

Comment

I had a chance to look into your Insteon traffic and the messages that are being received are general broadcast messages. Unfortunately, due to the way the firmware is designed on the EZSnsRF, these broadcast messages do not contain the on/off status of the sensor. In order for the status to be sent in a format that is useable by the plugin, the EZSnsRF must be linked to a responder so that group broadcast messages are issued.

Please follow the linking Insteon device process in the EZSnsRF quick setup guide at: http://www.simplehomenet.com/Downloa...uick-start.pdf If you don't have a specific Insteon device that you want triggered the sensor is activated, you may be able to just link the EZSnsRF sensor to the PLM. Once they are linked, please send another log with the traffic with on/off transition.

Also, this version of the plugin does not support changing the number of sensors configured. I plan on adding this to a future version, but in the mean time, the EZSnsRF device will need to be removed and re-added with the correct number of sensors configured. The only setting that is currently available in the device configuration screen for the EZSnsRF is the location.

Thanks,

Adam
                          Adam, I linked my PLM as a responder using the instructions you provided. The homeseer device created by your plugin now gets set to ON the first time I trigger the transmitter, but does not go to off when the transmitter sends on OFF command, nor does the device register a second trigger (the last change time doesn't change).
                          Attached is the debug log.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Adam, I linked my PLM as a responder using the instructions you provided. The homeseer device created by your plugin now gets set to ON the first time I trigger the transmitter, but does not go to off when the transmitter sends on OFF command, nor does the device register a second trigger (the last change time doesn't change).
                            Attached is the debug log.
                            Interesting, based on your Insteon traffic, it looks like your PLM is missing the group broadcast command for transistions to off and only the group cleanup messages are being received. I am not sure if this is normal for the EZSnsRF, but it is definetly different that what I was expecting.

I updated the plugin to look at both the group broadcast and group cleanup commands so just in case one is missed it should be picked up by the other. Please try the updated file in the attachment and let me know if it works for you.

Adam
                            Attached Files

Comment

Interesting, based on your Insteon traffic, it looks like your PLM is missing the group broadcast command for transistions to off and only the group cleanup messages are being received. I am not sure if this is normal for the EZSnsRF, but it is definetly different that what I was expecting.

I updated the plugin to look at both the group broadcast and group cleanup commands so just in case one is missed it should be picked up by the other. Please try the updated file in the attachment and let me know if it works for you.

Adam
                              I installed the new plug-in, but the results and the debug traffic are the same. The homeseer device changes the first time after installing the transmitter in the plugin, but does not update after that. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X