No announcement yet.

SimpleHomeNet Plugin Version 1.0.1.1 Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does this plug-in do? (Please excuse my ignorance here. . . I'm new to a lot of this.)

I have the MNSandler Insteon plug-in . . . how is the SimpleHomeNet plug-in different? Is it a compliment to Mark's? (how so?)

-Dave

Comment

Originally posted by aviatordave View Post
      What does this plug-in do? (Please excuse my ignorance here. . . I'm new to a lot of this.)

I have the MNSandler Insteon plug-in . . . how is the SimpleHomeNet plug-in different? Is it a compliment to Mark's? (how so?)

-Dave
      This plugin enables the use of the SimpleHomeNet EZIO (EZIO2X4, EZIO6I, EZIO8SA, EZIO8T and EZIO4O) products with HomeSeer. It is a compliment to the Insteon plugin (which is required for this plugin to work). Basically, the Insteon plugin handles the communication with the PLM and forwards Insteon traffic to/from registered EZIO devices to the SimpleHomeNet plugin for processing.

Adam

Comment

Ahh, I get it. I've seen the SimpleHomeNet stuff on Smarthome's site but didn't pay attention to the fact that it wasn't purely Insteon brand. So if you want to use your SimpleHomeNet sprinkler controller with your Insteon PLM/HS setup, you need this plug-in.

Thanks for the info!
        -Dave

Comment

Originally posted by aviatordave View Post
          Ahh, I get it. I've seen the SimpleHomeNet stuff on Smarthome's site but didn't pay attention to the fact that it wasn't purely Insteon brand. So if you want to use your SimpleHomeNet sprinkler controller with your Insteon PLM/HS setup, you need this plug-in.

Thanks for the info!
          -Dave
          This plugin works with the EZIO devices. The SimpleHomeNet EZFlora device needs the EZFlora plugin to work with HomeSeer.

Adam

Comment

Oh. It's even more segregated than I realized. Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to pay close attention to what plug-in I need if I start purchasing things along these lines.

-Dave

Comment

Is this device supported by this plugin

Smartenit INSTEON 8-Zone Sprinkler Controller

http://www.smarthome.com/31270/Smart...troller/p.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by jpape View Post
                Is this device supported by this plugin

Smartenit INSTEON 8-Zone Sprinkler Controller

http://www.smarthome.com/31270/Smart...troller/p.aspx
                The Smartenit Insteon Sprinkler Controller is not supported by the SimpleHomeNet plugin. This device is also known as the EZFlora Insteon Sprinkler Controller and is supported by the EZFlora plugin http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1113

Adam

Comment

Working...
                X