Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EZIO2X4 opto-isolated input configuration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EZIO2X4 opto-isolated input configuration?

I just tried to use 1 of the opto-isolated input w/simplehomenet plugin and I gave up after trying almost everything...

What I need to monitor is a normally open dry contact, so I connected the 5v -> I1+, and the open loop is the GND -> open contact -> I1-. But nothing to do to get it status updated into Homeseer.

Do we have to configure something in order to have them working?

BTW, the two output relays are working, but I would like to know how to configure them to do a momentary close of 2 sec, like when connected to a garage door opener button?

It sounds like you are wiring the dry sensor correctly so it should be working. Could you try rewiring the device to use the I2+ and I2- terminals instead and see if the result is any different.

Also, try downloading the SimpleHomeNet Utility from: https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=201472
    Shutdown HomeSeer and run the application by configuring your PLM COM port number and the EZIO2X4 address. From there you try using the dry contacts again and see if the status updates.

If it works witn the SimpleHomeNet Utility and not in HomeSeer then there may be an issue with the plugin that I will need to investigate. Otherwise, there maybe a setup or configuration issue with the device. Let me know once you try it and we can diagnose it from there.

Also, the plugin does not currently support configuration of the output timers. While you have the SimpleHomeNet utility running, you can configure the output timers and they will remain enabled when used by the HomeSeer plugin. I will work on adding this feature to a future release.

Adam

Comment

Thanks for your support! You and Mark you are very committed to your products and customers! This is really appreciated!

I resetted everything again this morning, and rebooted everything, using the simplehomenet utility, I tested the input 1 & 2 (opto-isolated), with the following conections:

+5V -> I2+
      GND -> wire
      I2- -> wire

This way, it should be considered as closed, or getting +5V, which is supposed to be ON or 1? Correct if I'm wrong, but I'm still getting nothing into the simplehomenet utility...

And FYI, from the simplehomenet utility I could open and close the output relays without any problem or delay!

Anything else to try to see if the problem come from the opto-isolated relays or from the +5V supply? I will do a quick test and let you know...

This is clear that the problem is not plug-in related...

Thanks.

Comment

Additional informations... when I go to the Manage Device Links of the simplehomenet utility, and put the EZIO2X4 id and click on Display Link Records, I got nothing! And if I understand correctly, we should have links to have the input status change broadcasted?

How do we do that?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by alteksi View Post
          Thanks for your support! You and Mark you are very committed to your products and customers! This is really appreciated!

I resetted everything again this morning, and rebooted everything, using the simplehomenet utility, I tested the input 1 & 2 (opto-isolated), with the following conections:

+5V -> I2+
          GND -> wire
          I2- -> wire

This way, it should be considered as closed, or getting +5V, which is supposed to be ON or 1? Correct if I'm wrong, but I'm still getting nothing into the simplehomenet utility...

And FYI, from the simplehomenet utility I could open and close the output relays without any problem or delay!

Anything else to try to see if the problem come from the opto-isolated relays or from the +5V supply? I will do a quick test and let you know...

This is clear that the problem is not plug-in related...

Thanks.
          I verified on my hardware that the setup described should produce an ON result in both SimpleHomeNet and also in the HomeSeer plugin. If you have a multimeter, I would recommend checking what voltage is present on the +5V terminal. To verify that the inputs are working properly, you can try using an active source instead of a dry contact. The instructions for doing this from the EZIO2X4 Guide are: "In this case, the input must provide a voltage between 3 and 30 VDC, connected between the positive (I1+ or I2+) and negative (I1– or I2-) terminals."

Additional informations... when I go to the Manage Device Links of the simplehomenet utility, and put the EZIO2X4 id and click on Display Link Records, I got nothing! And if I understand correctly, we should have links to have the input status change broadcasted?

How do we do that?

Thanks.
          Using the SimpleHomeNet Utility, perform a read of the configuration register and verify that the "Broadcast Status Chg" option is checked. The plugin does not require links and uses broadcast messages from the EZIO to determine the status of the device. If the option box is not checked, removed the device from the HomeSeer plugin using the SimpleHomeNet Configuration page and re-add it which will reconfigure the configuration register.
          Last edited by hurry4it; July 29th, 2012, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Sorry for the delay, I was on holidays.

The option "Broadcast Status Chg" was not checked. Then I re-added the device into Homeseer using the SimpleHomeNet plugin, and now I get the following devices:

Status Location 1 Name
            Unknown SimpleHomeNet Digital/Analog Input 1
            Unknown SimpleHomeNet Digital/Analog Input 2
            Unknown SimpleHomeNet Opto-isolated Input 1
            Unknown SimpleHomeNet Opto-isolated Input 2
            Off SimpleHomeNet Output 1
            Off SimpleHomeNet Output 2

Tonight I will try closing wire between I2- & GND to see if something change, and verify if I have output voltage on I2+. I will let you know...

What status should I get from the Opto-isolated Input 2 device?

Anything else to configure? Mark Sandler Insteon plug-in?

Thanks.

Comment

After restarting everything, I get Off status for all input excepted for the Opto-isolated Input 1 which stay at Unknown.

Note: I1+ and I1- are not used, only I2+ -> +5v are actually connected, GND -> I2- is not closed, I'm away from my house.

Comment

There was an bug in plugin version 1.0.1.1 in which the EZIO2X4 input status was not correctly calculated for the opto-isolated Input 1. An updated version 1.0.1.2 has been posted at the bottom of this thread:

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...01&postcount=4

Please try updating the plugin version and see if this corrects the status reporting issue you are experiencing.

Thanks,

Adam

Comment

I installed the latest version and like you said, that fixed the unknown status prob, since just after restarting hspro, it is now showing off.

Thanks.

Comment

Nothing happen when connecting GND to I2- when +5v is connected to I2+

Voltage verified, reading +4.96v on +5v EZIO2X4 terminal, and when closing GND to I2-, my pen voltage tester is beepering...

So the device serm to function properly... what's next?

Thanks

Comment

Only other thing I can think to try is using try using I2 with the SimpleHomeNet utility and see if the status changes. If there is no update in the utility, then there may be a hardware issue with the device and you should contact SimpleHomeNet for troubleshooting support.

Thanks,

Adam

Comment

I retried with I1+ & I1- -> +5v & GND, and still no input in both SimpleHomeNet utility AND Homeseer...

With or without links and with or without Broadcast Cfg enabled...

I will try now with an external 12v dc power supply... after that, I will contact Justin @ SimpleHomeNet, my best friend!

;-)

I ironizes just a little bit, since he already helped me with the ZBPCM (Blueline Powercost -> Insteon) which was resetting for no reason and with about how to connect a water sensor 2 wires (like smoke detectors using 2 wires) to a EZIO2X4 input...

8-(

I'll keep you informed...

Thanks.

Comment

Since my needs for relays are growing, I'm looking now for an alternate solution which will provide me more flexibility and more outputs/inputs...

Any suggestion?

I saw the ADIO-100 analog/digital interface which is having 16 inputs/outputs for $150, does it is a good alternative?

Thanks.

Comment

Quick question, does my problem can be related to a missing record link, because after reading a lot on the subject, correct if I'm wrong, but even if the ezio2x4 is configured to broadcast input state changes, the plm should be configured as a link?

Still learning on Insteon, since I'm new to that automation com. protocol!

Thanks.

Comment

Since my needs for relays are growing, I'm looking now for an alternate solution which will provide me more flexibility and more outputs/inputs...

Any suggestion?

I saw the ADIO-100 analog/digital interface which is having 16 inputs/outputs for $150, does it is a good alternative?

Thanks.
                              I am not familiar with the ADIO-100 device, but there is a thread specifically for this device that you may want to browse through. If you are looking to stay with an Insteon device, you may also want to consider the EZIO8SA.

Quick question, does my problem can be related to a missing record link, because after reading a lot on the subject, correct if I'm wrong, but even if the ezio2x4 is configured to broadcast input state changes, the plm should be configured as a link?

Still learning on Insteon, since I'm new to that automation com. protocol!

Thanks.
                              Links are not required for the EZIO2X4. The plugin only looks for broadcast messages and does not configure links. Links would only be necessary if you are having the EZIO2X4 act as a stand-alone controller outside of HomeSeer to command other Insteon devices as responders.

Adam

Comment

Working...
                              X