Plug-in features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plug-in features

Are there plans for your plug-in to add the same kind of configuration for the EZIOxx devices that the SimpleHomeNet Utility Suite has?

Originally posted by FeMan View Post
    Are there plans for your plug-in to add the same kind of configuration for the EZIOxx devices that the SimpleHomeNet Utility Suite has?
    What configuration options are you looking for? The latest version of the plugin supports most functions with HomeSeer events being able to provide the remaining.

Adam

Comment

I am running 1.0.1.2.

The main configuration I was looking for was the Relay output modes, either continuous on or off or just toggle the relay.

Then if I choose the relay to just toggle then I need the ability to set the toggle time in seconds.

These are all features that you can do with Mark's plugin and the IOLinc and these features are in the SHN Utility suite.

I have just started using your plugin so maybe they are there and I have not found them yet.

Comment

I am running 1.0.1.2.

The main configuration I was looking for was the Relay output modes, either continuous on or off or just toggle the relay.

Then if I choose the relay to just toggle then I need the ability to set the toggle time in seconds.

These are all features that you can do with Mark's plugin and the IOLinc and these features are in the SHN Utility suite.

I have just started using your plugin so maybe they are there and I have not found them yet.
        This is not currently available in the plugin directly, but can be accomplished using HS events. I will look into adding this to the next revision to the SimpleHomeNet plugin.

Adam

Comment

Adam:

Thanks for the reply.

I have another item I wanted to ask about.

I put my EZIO2x4 in service on my garage doors yesterday. I am using the opto-isolated inputs I1 and I2 for the two garage doors. When I open and close the door I see the EZIO change status from on to off as they should.

BUT, I also am seeing that when the doors change state that I am getting two status changes in my log within 1 second, sometimes three. I assume that is probably due to the relays on the doors chattering. I remembered that in the device configuration section of your plug-in there is a check box for noise filtering. I checked it, and then tested the doors again. Still seeing two status changes. I went back to look at the device config page and the check box was un-checked again.

So, first question, is the check box a filter as I think it is? Will it filter out chattering relays, as all relays have some chatter, as they are mechanical beasts.

I checked the checkbox again, closed the config page and then checked the ini file and it the debounce entry said "debounce=" with no value.

So there may be something there for you to look at as well.

Bob

Comment

Adam:

Thanks for the reply.

I have another item I wanted to ask about.

I put my EZIO2x4 in service on my garage doors yesterday. I am using the opto-isolated inputs I1 and I2 for the two garage doors. When I open and close the door I see the EZIO change status from on to off as they should.

BUT, I also am seeing that when the doors change state that I am getting two status changes in my log within 1 second, sometimes three. I assume that is probably due to the relays on the doors chattering. I remembered that in the device configuration section of your plug-in there is a check box for noise filtering. I checked it, and then tested the doors again. Still seeing two status changes. I went back to look at the device config page and the check box was un-checked again.

So, first question, is the check box a filter as I think it is? Will it filter out chattering relays, as all relays have some chatter, as they are mechanical beasts.

I checked the checkbox again, closed the config page and then checked the ini file and it the debounce entry said "debounce=" with no value.

So there may be something there for you to look at as well.

Bob

Bob,

The debounce function does work as a noise filter but it only works on the analog inputs and only when the digital/analog inputs are set to analog. How do you have the EZIO2X4 wired with your garage door that relays are involved? Most of the time a dry contact is used to show the open/closed status of the door.

If relays are actually being used, this could be the problem and currently the plugin can't differentiate between relay chatter and actual commands. Could you set the plugin logging level to debug and post the log section whenever you open/close the door and get the duplicate messages to see if there is anything that can but done to mitigate this issue.

Adam

Comment

When I said relays were used for the garage door I was thinking of reed relays and magnets. I am using the heavy duty garage door contacts from Smarthome.

I have been analyzing this problem with the SHN utility and have learned several things using it.

I can use the utility to set my output relays to momentary and set the timers to 1 second. That works well.

As part of the config register is bit 4 which is the debounce inputs setting. I have that set as well but it does not appear to be all that effective. I have captured three status event changes from the ezio device when I opened the garage door. They showed input 2 went from off to on and then off. I'll get a scope on the inputs later this week and measure how long the contacts are bouncing.

I have also posted this same information on the SHN user forums and hope that someone can explain their debounce algorithm

I'll turn on the debug logs tomorrow and do the exact same thing I described above. I'll send you the log and the actual insteon traffic capture

Comment

Adam:

Here is the debug output when I went from closed to open.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/6/2012 7:44:11 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Event </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Running script and waiting: LogIt.vb("Main","events,GarageDoor,RightSide,open")</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/6/2012 7:44:11 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Event </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Event Trigger "GarageDoorSarahOpen"</TD></TR><TR><TD class=Status noWrap align=left>9/6/2012 7:44:11 AM </TD><TD class=Status colSpan=3 align=left>SimpleHomeNet Debug </TD><TD class=Status colSpan=8 align=left>Entered ProcessInputStatus() subroutine.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/6/2012 7:44:11 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>SimpleHomeNet Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>HSEvent EV_TYPE_GENERIC Case: 01 1B 03 FE 07 03 01 87 27 02</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/6/2012 7:44:11 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Event </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Running script and waiting: LogIt.vb("Main","events,GarageDoor,RightSide,closed")</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/6/2012 7:44:11 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Event </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Event Trigger "GarageDoorSarahClosed"</TD></TR><TR><TD class=Status noWrap align=left>9/6/2012 7:44:11 AM </TD><TD class=Status colSpan=3 align=left>SimpleHomeNet Debug </TD><TD class=Status colSpan=8 align=left>Entered ProcessInputStatus() subroutine.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/6/2012 7:44:11 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>SimpleHomeNet Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>HSEvent EV_TYPE_GENERIC Case: 01 1B 03 FE 07 03 01 87 27 03</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/6/2012 7:44:11 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Event </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Running script and waiting: LogIt.vb("Main","events,GarageDoor,RightSide,open")</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/6/2012 7:44:11 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Event </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Event Trigger "GarageDoorSarahOpen"</TD></TR><TR><TD class=Status noWrap align=left>9/6/2012 7:44:11 AM </TD><TD class=Status colSpan=3 align=left>SimpleHomeNet Debug </TD><TD class=Status colSpan=8 align=left>Entered ProcessInputStatus() subroutine.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/6/2012 7:44:11 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>SimpleHomeNet Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>HSEvent EV_TYPE_GENERIC Case: 01 1B 03 FE 07 03 01 87 27 02</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/6/2012 7:43:28 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>SimpleHomeNet Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Entered GenPage(/SimpleHomeNet_Config) function.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

And here is what I see in the SHN utility suite Insteon traffic page.

4 <IGNORED>from ID:1B.03.FE flags:8B cmd1:27 cmd2:2
                4 <IGNORED>from ID:1B.03.FE flags:8B cmd1:27 cmd2:3

I am going to look at the inputs of the EZIO with a scope next and look at the bounce time.

Thanks

Comment

As part of the config register is bit 4 which is the debounce inputs setting. I have that set as well but it does not appear to be all that effective. I have captured three status event changes from the ezio device when I opened the garage door. They showed input 2 went from off to on and then off. I'll get a scope on the inputs later this week and measure how long the contacts are bouncing.
                  The debounce function of the SHN Utility is the same that is provided by the SimpleHomeNet plugin. This debounce capability only applies to analog inputs and does not apply any noise filtering to the opto-isolated inputs.

I would check the distance of sepration between the magnet and reed on the garage door contacts. It is possible that the door movement is causing vibrations and if the contacts are right on the edge of their contact distance, this could cause them to open and close multiple times while the door is within range.

Adam

Comment

Adam:

Here is the debug output when I went from closed to open.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/6/2012 7:44:11 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Event </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Running script and waiting: LogIt.vb("Main","events,GarageDoor,RightSide,open")</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/6/2012 7:44:11 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Event </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Event Trigger "GarageDoorSarahOpen"</TD></TR><TR><TD class=Status noWrap align=left>9/6/2012 7:44:11 AM </TD><TD class=Status colSpan=3 align=left>SimpleHomeNet Debug </TD><TD class=Status colSpan=8 align=left>Entered ProcessInputStatus() subroutine.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/6/2012 7:44:11 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>SimpleHomeNet Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>HSEvent EV_TYPE_GENERIC Case: 01 1B 03 FE 07 03 01 87 27 02</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/6/2012 7:44:11 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Event </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Running script and waiting: LogIt.vb("Main","events,GarageDoor,RightSide,closed")</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/6/2012 7:44:11 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Event </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Event Trigger "GarageDoorSarahClosed"</TD></TR><TR><TD class=Status noWrap align=left>9/6/2012 7:44:11 AM </TD><TD class=Status colSpan=3 align=left>SimpleHomeNet Debug </TD><TD class=Status colSpan=8 align=left>Entered ProcessInputStatus() subroutine.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/6/2012 7:44:11 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>SimpleHomeNet Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>HSEvent EV_TYPE_GENERIC Case: 01 1B 03 FE 07 03 01 87 27 03</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/6/2012 7:44:11 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Event </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Running script and waiting: LogIt.vb("Main","events,GarageDoor,RightSide,open")</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/6/2012 7:44:11 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Event </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Event Trigger "GarageDoorSarahOpen"</TD></TR><TR><TD class=Status noWrap align=left>9/6/2012 7:44:11 AM </TD><TD class=Status colSpan=3 align=left>SimpleHomeNet Debug </TD><TD class=Status colSpan=8 align=left>Entered ProcessInputStatus() subroutine.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/6/2012 7:44:11 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>SimpleHomeNet Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>HSEvent EV_TYPE_GENERIC Case: 01 1B 03 FE 07 03 01 87 27 02</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/6/2012 7:43:28 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>SimpleHomeNet Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Entered GenPage(/SimpleHomeNet_Config) function.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

And here is what I see in the SHN utility suite Insteon traffic page.

4 <IGNORED>from ID:1B.03.FE flags:8B cmd1:27 cmd2:3

I am going to look at the inputs of the EZIO with a scope next and look at the bounce time.

Thanks
                    The Insteon traffic definetly indicates that the sensor is being opened and closed multople times. See my previous post about the spacing between the magnet and sensor although it appears at this time that the plugin is working as it should.

Adam

Comment

Good idea, I'll give it a try later. I just had shoulder surgery this afternoon and will have limited motion for a few days

Comment

I am running 1.0.1.2.

I have updated the plugin to version 1.0.2.0 to add some of these features.

Adam

Comment

I finally got around to looking at the bounce of the garage door contacts with my scope.

I found, upon the first movement of the door, a 100ms impulse that caused the contacts to change state immediately. This was followed by another 2ooms of chatter before it finally got stable.

Since it appears that the EZIO device does not debounce the inputs or at least not for those kinds of time constants I debounced with an external RC circuit. Everything works just fine now. The EZIO device only reports one opening or closing per movement.

And thanks Adam for your most recent update to the plugin.

Comment

Working...
                          X