Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EZIO40 Error

Hi Hurry4it,
    I just installed your SimpleHomeNet version 2.0.0.0 into HomeSeer version 3.0.0.96. Then using your plugin I installed an EZIO40. It seemed to install but I somehow added 2 devices. One was correctly added and the other one had an error. Again using your plugin I tried to delete the wrong device. It did not happen. I can not delete it. Later I found an entry in the HomeSeer log like the one below. I am not certain if it was about the delete process or something else.

Aug-26 4:24:14 PM SimpleHomeNet Error An unexpected error occured in the SetIOMulti() function/subroutine: [System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at HSPI_SIMPLEHOMENET.HSPI.SetIOMulti(List`1 colSend)]

Aug-26 4:24:14 PM Device Control Device: Great Room Root Device to Diagnostic On (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

Also I can not control any of the 4 outlets using your plugin. I must be doing something wrong. So I began looking for information on your plugin. I have not been able to find any. I did find a Thread where you stated that you were soon publishing detailed information on the installation and use of the SimpleHomeNet plugin and I believe that thread was written last summer but I haven't been able to find it. In this thread I found a reference to a download site where I thought perhaps I could find some information but when I click on the link it went to a generic site. It had been redirected. The reference I am speaking of is the one below. Could you perhaps post the current site for the below guide for others to find it. And perhaps it has some information that would provide me with some guidance.

http://www.simplehomenet.com/Downloa...ct%20Guide.pdf

If you have any information on these questions it would be greatly appreciated.
    Where can I find the documentation for the SimpleHomeNet.
    What was the reason for the above log entry?
    Why couldn't I delete the "bad entry" with the plugin?
    Why can't I change the outputs of the EZIO40?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Bruce

Bruce,

I apologize for delayed response. I also moved your post to the SimpleHomeNet category from the EZFlora category in case the response my be of benefit to any one else.

I have been looking for the detailed instructions and cannot seem to find them. I'll most likely have to recreate them and them post. I don't have a copy of the instructions provided by SimpleHomeNet as they do not apply to the HS plugin.

The log entry most likely means that there is an issue with the simplehomenet.ini file that is causing problems. Can you reply with the contents of your .ini file? We can manually adjust it so that your EZIO40 can be properly controlled.

Adam

Comment

My SimpleHomeNet.ini File

Thanks for responding. I will gratefully post my ini file for your review. Thanks!

[CONFIG]
      NumDevices=2
      Logging=1
      [DEVICE1]
      [DEVICE2]
      Address=28.AB.98
      Location=EZIO4O
      DevType=EZIO4O
      Poll=0
      Root=134
      Output1=135
      Output2=136
      Output3=137
      Output4=138
      Timer=False
      Seconds=False
      Debounce=False

Comment

I also noticed that I had created DEVICE1 wrongly. I then created DEVICE2. I can not delete DEVICE1. It goes through all the steps but when it is the process is done it still lists DEVICE1. How do I get rid of DEVICE1.

SimpleHomeNet Devices
        Device Number Device Address Device Location Device Type Polling Interval (min)
        DEVICE1 Unknown Unknown Unknown Unknown
        DEVICE2 28.AB.98 EZIO4O EZIO4O 0

Edit Selected Device

Add New Device

Delete Selected Device(s)

Thanks,
        Bruce

Comment

Error message

The following is the error message when I attempt to delete DEVICE1.

Sep-04 1:07:09 PM SimpleHomeNet Error An unexpected error occured in the DeleteDevice() function/subroutine: [System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at HSPI_SIMPLEHOMENET.Util.DeleteDevice(String& device, Int32 offset)]

Again thanks for your time and effort
          Bruce

Comment

This should be a pretty simple one to fix. Please replace the contents of your .ini file with the following and let me know if this corrects the problem.

Code:
            [CONFIG]
            NumDevices=1
            Logging=1
            [DEVICE1]
            Address=28.AB.98
            Location=EZIO4O
            DevType=EZIO4O
            Poll=0
            Root=134
            Output1=135
            Output2=136
            Output3=137
            Output4=138
            Timer=False
            Seconds=False
            Debounce=False

Comment

EZIO40 Fixed

Thanks. That fixed all problems. It is working great now.

The only thing I don't understand is why I couldn't delete the "Unknown" DEVICE1 from the SimpleHomeNet Plugin.

Otherwise all is great!

Thanks again.
              Bruce

Comment

This is a limitation with the plugin. It is unable to delete a device that is has no characteristics defined in the ini file. I'm not sure how an empty device was created since the plugin shouldn't allow that to occur. I'll look into this during the next update to make sure that it doesn't happen again.

Adam

Comment

Working...
                X