Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleted sensors keep coming back...

Hi,

I use TEMP08, HS2.3 and the latest Ultra1Wire plugin that I purchased yesterday. Here is what user's manual says about deleting sensors:

Deleting a 1-Wire Device
    You can delete an Ultra1Wire device the same we you delete any other HomeSeer device. From the HomeSeer device web page, click the device name, then from the HomeSeer modify device web page, click the Delete button.

I tried doing this but the sensors keep coming back. Do I have to use some additional commands/steps. HyperTerminal, perhaps?

Thank you, Alex

Is your database marked read only by any chance? Are you checking the device in the status view and then sliding down to the bottom and selecting the "Delete Selected Device" option?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I checked both database files into C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\data\UltraLog directory and they are not "read-only". Same witht C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\Config\sample.mdb.

I tried deleting sensors in both ways, going into the device properties from the Status page and clicking "delete" and I aslo tried marking the sensors on the Status page list and choosing "delete selected devices" option from the drop-down menu.

Comment

Hello Alexey. The sensors keep coming back because the TEMP08 keeps reporting they exist. Do you want to keep them connected to your TEMP08, but not have a HomeSeer device created?

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Yes, the sensors I wanted to delete cannot be disconnected.

One of them is the Voltage sensor of Temp08 and the other one is DS2438 Temp sensor.
          The second is installed onto the Hobby Boards Hum/Temp sensor and also responsible for Humidity reading (the main purpose for be to have it). This sensor also has DS18s20, which is, as far as I know more accurate.

So, I just did not want to have extra data to be collected for these two sensors and to have my HS interface cleaner.

Thank you for quick responses.
          Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alexey View Post
            Yes, the sensors I wanted to delete cannot be disconnected.

One of them is the Voltage sensor of Temp08 and the other one is DS2438 Temp sensor.
            The second is installed onto the Hobby Boards Hum/Temp sensor and also responsible for Humidity reading (the main purpose for be to have it). This sensor also has DS18s20, which is, as far as I know more accurate.

So, I just did not want to have extra data to be collected for these two sensors and to have my HS interface cleaner.

Thank you for quick responses.
            Alex
            You can hide these devices to clean up your interface.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              You can hide these devices to clean up your interface.
              They are hidden but I was following the Manual and thought I am missing something simple.
              I do realize that I can launch HyperTerminal and using TEMP08 scpecific commands I can delete the sensors from the interface and they would not be reported to HomeSeer.
              If this is the way to go then the Manual for the plugin should provide the steps for the users.

Comment

Alexey,

This is the first time I had someone request that a sensor that is connected to the TEMP08 not be automatically created. I know what you mean though... the built in temperature sensor and voltage sensor is kind of useless. I am not aware of any way to tell the TEMP08 to not report on certain sensors. So, if preventing HomeSeer from creating these sensors is important to you, I'll add a feature to prevent the plug-in from re-creating specified TEMP08 sensors. Do you want me to add this feature?

Regards,
                Ultrajones
                Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                  ...Do you want me to add this feature?..
                  Well, I do not know how difficult it is to add this option. It would be nice to have it if that can be done without sacrificing stability of the plug-in. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
                  I will be adding two more humidity sensors soon (they both have DS18s20 and DS2438 installed at the same time) so I would need to disable/delete/hide DS2438 Temp sensors leaving Humidity ones.

I am sure I am not the only one who appreciate the good job you've done with the plugin. I have a little experience with DooTemp and, you see, I ended up with your plugin, which is not free (so I vote with my money).

Thanks again, Alex

Comment

Thank you for the kind words about the plug-in.

I actually have 2 of the MD3020E humdity units on my xmas list I have had one in my basement for about 2 years and want to add 2 new ones upstairs. I can see value in not creating a homeseer device for the temp sensor. I'll get the new feature add early this week ...

Regards,
                    Ultrajones

Comment

Sounds good.
                      I also have two more questions but they are from different area, so I am going to create a new thread for them into your forum.
                      Thank you, Alex

Comment

Working...
                      X