Is this plugin what I need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this plugin what I need?

I have used MCSTemp for many years, and love it and am very impressed with it. I find that lately it is way more than i need however. I have "farmed out" most of the functions of MCSTemp to other plugins, scripts, and tasks, and now I'm looking for a more simple plugin that will simply read the devices connected to my temp08 and populate device IDs with the data.

One thing that has got me thinking about moving from MCSTemp to something else is the difficulty I always seem to have when adding new temp devices to my 1wire network. I understand this is probably due to the temp08 itself, and not the plugin. Still, I'm curious to know wow Ultra1wire would handle that, and how it meets my new, lesser complicated needs overall.

Thanks,

Ian
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Either the Ultra 1-Wire or Doo's one wireplugin. I can't remember it's name.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Another is xapmcsTemp0x if you are setup with an xAP interface. It, however, will have the same feel as mcsTemperature in the interfacing of the Temp08. The decision to tell the Temp08 to look for new 1-wire devices is a manual process. The Temp08 is great for established networks, but is awkward for a dynamic one. That is where the DS9097U has the advantage since the logic is contained within the PC rather than within the Temp08 EEPROM.

Comment

Working...
      X