No announcement yet.

Dallas Semiconductor 1-Wire Interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Tasmota firmware uses the same 1-wire libraries as Espurna. There are actually a few available. One is based upon the Dallas drivers and will search out multiple sensors. The one from Arduino is more resource-efficient but more limited. When the firmware is compiled a selection is needed as to which, if any, of the libraries are included. If one of them is included in Tasmota binary then the Tasmota Configure Module setup will have DS18x20 as one of the sensors available. You then need to identify which GPIO is physically connected to the 1-wire device(s).

Comment

Thank you

Will try it tonight.
      I have downloaded both files from previous posts and will try to figure out what goes where.
      I look at espurna website for firmware, but I couldn't find any that in plain English states that is for 1wire options.

One thing is on my mind all this time. Since I start with HS, on the beginning I was stuck with z wave devices and was scared touch any other protocol or different type of communication. Thanks to Pete, Michael and few other members, I have now over 20 tasmota, 5 espurna and lots of Z wave devices.

I have learned a lot, however, I'm feeling lost because of required knowledge and experience in order to follow any of your instructions. I was encouraged couple times not to give up, Michael was helping me remotely and I Had successfully duplicated setup but even then, I went back to original instructions and couldn't understand them.

Please don't understand this as complain, but rather as honest opinion from person who is willing to learn, but can't really follow your instructions. How many of you can rebuild diesel engine or take apart 4160V frequency drive?
      I can and I did. Now I'm learning this.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

Look here for Espurna firmware downloads...Espurna Releases

The one that I am using for the modded Sonoff basic is this one == > espurna-1.14.1-itead-sonoff-basic-dallas.bin

- Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Tim, what device are you trying to add a 1 wire interface?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
            Tim, what device are you trying to add a 1 wire interface?
            Hi Michael, I loaded espurna to esp8266 mini. It is discoverable and I'm logged in, connected DS18B20 to power, gnd and D1. I'm trying to follow instructions on github to enable D1 for DS18B20 input.

Comment

Michael,

I got it working.
              Now I have problem that I don't know what exactly I did to make it work. I did so many changes and no results. I have rebooted board and I was able to see temperature.

Will delete everything and start from beginning just to make sure that I know how it is done.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I have question about DS2406. It is connected to the OW-Server and it is recognized by it as dual switch. HS is not recognizing it as switch ( no buttons to turn it on or off ) but acknowledges if i go to OW-Server page and write 0 or 1 in the device itself.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DS2406.png
Views:	106
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	1509023

I have tried to creates buttons as per picture below, but did not change appearance on the main page or allow me to control switches.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DS2406 2.png
Views:	108
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	1509024

Please let me know what i'm doing wrong !!!

Best Regards
                Tim

Comment

It looks like you are using Ultra1Wire plugin to interface the DS2406. You will need to post your question in the forum for that plugin

Comment

It looks like you are using Ultra1Wire plugin to interface the DS2406. You will need to post your question in the forum for that plugin
                    Thank You.

Comment

Hi Michael,

I know that this is old post, but I'm still nowhere with DS2406.

Which plug in should I use in order to get this working?
                      I also have purchased from same supplier as OW-Server, 4 analog input board..

It is recognized on 1-wire web page, but not in HS.

Best Regards
                      Tim.

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

Comment

I run my 1-wire network using my xAP application that was developed in the HS1 days. It has a dependency on J# that has been obsoleted by microsoft, but the library is still available. It runs on PRO-100 (Windows XP embedded) using DS9490D USB to 1-wire adapter. Moving to a different OS such as W11 will likely uncover other dependencies that may not be able to overcome. The data gets into HS using the xAP plugin that has been maintained for compatibility with HS 1,2,3, and 4. xAP also uses a xAP Hub for which I have VB6 and .NET versions.

It has been years since I touched the 1-wire code. It has run very well over years and will continue to run as long as I have an XP computer to host them.

Trying to setup the same environment today would be similar to trying to install a X10 powerline and RF environment. Technology has moved on and support and products for things that are 15 years old is hard to find. I did a search at typical outlets for DS9490D and was only able to find Mouser advertising stock, but not available until June 2023;

I have new installs using the 1-wire temperature sensor DS18B20 using ESP8266 microcontroller with Tasmota/MQTT. Early on when I started using Tasmota I was going to add support for other 1-wire devices with the intent of replacing PR100 1-wire with ESP8266. I have many 1-wire device types so it would be much work and these devices for the most part have been discontinued. It is not a road I now want to travel.

It looks as if Embedded Data Systems is still in business and offering some 1-wire products. UltraJones is the only one I know who has done a plugin for the EDS products, but I have no specific information. Since this is his thread I assume you have not had success with this route.

Comment

Working...
                        X