X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultra1Wire3 not detecting my HA7E

1-Wire Interface Adapters
    HA7E: 0

how do i debug this? what log settings can i use to get some help with this?

When i use putty to COM4 (which is where the interface is connected) i do get responses to commands)
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Guys,
    this is still not working. when i enable debug logging, and restart the plugin, there is nothing useful in the .log file. the plugin doesn't even look like its attempting to contact the comport connected to the HA7E

suggestions welcome
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

still looking for feedback
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Jones,
        Can you help me out here a little. the plugin isn't seeing the HA7E
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hello mnsandler,

I am sorry for the delay in responding. I just blew the dust off of my EDS HA7E and manually added it to COM:3 and the plug-in detected it along with the connected temperature sensors. Can you provide a screenshot of the devices web page? Can you also tell me what type of temperature sensors you have connected?

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Attached Files
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Jones

I have 8 standard ds1820 temperature sensors

Everything was working for months until 5/31/2018 and now nothing. I haven't changed anything related to the 1-wire setup.

I'm looking for some log entries to help me debug, but the plugin doesn't log much (or i'm missing something) regarding connecting to the HA7E on startup

I would like to know if the ha7e is still working? how can i test manually
            Attached Files
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

If you connect to the serial port using PuTTY and type S, do you get a ROM code back?

https://www.embeddeddatasystems.com/...erMan-HA7E.pdf
              Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

with putty, when i send S i get a string of zeros back. the below is a copy of the session
                S0000000000000000
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Here is a Debug log file. the plugin is sending and receiving data but i don't see any device IDs that match mine
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by mnsandler; July 1, 2018, 04:47 PM.
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                    with putty, when i send S i get a string of zeros back. the below is a copy of the session
                    Can you connect just 1 temperature sensors and try again?

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                      Can you connect just 1 temperature sensors and try again?
                      Thanks. I tried this and still the same results. i also tried a second sensor by itself.

the plugin Status screen doesn't show 1 for the HA7E adapters. What is the plugin expecting back from the adapter?

i need to understand if the problem is the adapter , the network wiring, or a bad sensor. So i need to know if the adapter is working at all by itself.
                      Attached Files
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

So i'm still stuck. any more suggestions for diagnosing the Adapter
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I would reach out the the vendor at https://eds.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Regards,
                          Ultrajones

Comment

So I uess my HA7E is dead. Normally there should be ~5V between the DQ and GND line. I get less than 0.5V
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I'm switching to the TEMP08. Will I need to redo my existing hs devices for the temp sensors i already have registered in the plugin?
                              Last edited by mnsandler; July 6, 2018, 08:36 AM.
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                              X