Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mnsandler
    replied
    After dozens of hours of trying to make the Temp08 works with my 8 sensor, i gave up.

the Temp08 says is supports a max of 300' of network. My original single continue bus was double that so that was clearly a problem. but the Temp08 wouldn't support a star network that had much more than 200' of cable across all the legs. I tried 100 Ohm and 150 Ohm resistors on each leg with the Temp08 without success.

So, I returned the Temp08 and bought another HA7E and a JB6 to implement the star network. I have 6 homeruns with sensors connected and working. I considered the OW-Server since it has 3 unique network buses however this would require me to rewire several of my homeruns.

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    I got the TEMP08 and right off the bat it didn't work with my previous continuous 1-wire bus; i guess the network was too long for the temp08. So I converted to a star network with the 100 ohm resisters as outlined in the temp08 1-wire manual, but the TEMP08 can only successfully address about 4/5 of the 8 legs before it starts throwing one wire bus errors.

I've been emailing Mitch at Midon Designs but we haven't come up with a soluion.

I'm at a real loss as to what to do now. Any suggestions

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    If I recall correctly, you can move a sensor from an HA7E to a TEMP08 and it will keep the same device Id. You can test this by connecting just one temperature sensor to the TEMP08 to make sure a new device isn't created.

Regards,
    Ultrajones

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    I'm switching to the TEMP08. Will I need to redo my existing hs devices for the temp sensors i already have registered in the plugin?
    Last edited by mnsandler; July 6th, 2018, 08:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    So I uess my HA7E is dead. Normally there should be ~5V between the DQ and GND line. I get less than 0.5V

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    I would reach out the the vendor at https://eds.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Regards,
    Ultrajones

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    So i'm still stuck. any more suggestions for diagnosing the Adapter

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
    Can you connect just 1 temperature sensors and try again?
    Thanks. I tried this and still the same results. i also tried a second sensor by itself.

the plugin Status screen doesn't show 1 for the HA7E adapters. What is the plugin expecting back from the adapter?

i need to understand if the problem is the adapter , the network wiring, or a bad sensor. So i need to know if the adapter is working at all by itself.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
    with putty, when i send S i get a string of zeros back. the below is a copy of the session
    Can you connect just 1 temperature sensors and try again?

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    Here is a Debug log file. the plugin is sending and receiving data but i don't see any device IDs that match mine
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mnsandler; July 1st, 2018, 04:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    with putty, when i send S i get a string of zeros back. the below is a copy of the session
    S0000000000000000

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    If you connect to the serial port using PuTTY and type S, do you get a ROM code back?

https://www.embeddeddatasystems.com/...erMan-HA7E.pdf

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    Jones

I have 8 standard ds1820 temperature sensors

Everything was working for months until 5/31/2018 and now nothing. I haven't changed anything related to the 1-wire setup.

I'm looking for some log entries to help me debug, but the plugin doesn't log much (or i'm missing something) regarding connecting to the HA7E on startup

I would like to know if the ha7e is still working? how can i test manually
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    Hello mnsandler,

I am sorry for the delay in responding. I just blew the dust off of my EDS HA7E and manually added it to COM:3 and the plug-in detected it along with the connected temperature sensors. Can you provide a screenshot of the devices web page? Can you also tell me what type of temperature sensors you have connected?

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    Jones,
    Can you help me out here a little. the plugin isn't seeing the HA7E

Leave a comment:

Working...
X